main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA ANGELS FOR ANGELICA CONCERT *TODAY*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    TODAY (Sunday the 14th of Dec) will be the Benefit Concert for Angelica and so if you have no idea where it is and such so people can go to Yahoo maps here: http://maps.yahoo.com/
    From where ever you are coming from go to this location:
    Gaslighter Theater
    400 East Campbell Ave.
    Campbell, Ca

DRESSING UP IS ENCOURAGED! Oh and the TRU mission was accomplished. I put in the rest of the funds to have a nice round amount of $100 for our special Angel. (Coded for operational security ;))

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm sure the concert was a great success today. :)

I was at Gen Con today down in Anaheim CA where Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett) was signing autographs. I had promised both Ming and Matt that I would speak to him about Chanel which I did. He had already heard about what had happened to Chanel and was upset to hear of her passing, in fact his eyes were watery as we talked. He mentioned that Chanel and he had joked about seeing each other at the next con. He is genuinely a great young man. I gave him my business card with the address to donate money for little Angelica if he wished, and he autographed two photos that I printed out of himself and Chanel together at Comic Con. One I am keeping, and the other I wish to send to Angelica. I'll mail that on to Ming and he can get it to her. Daniel refused to accept payment for the signing, so I am going to donate the $20 I would have paid for his signature, to Angelica's account. In fact, I have an additional $135 to send your way for Angelica that our club raised.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Awesome Linda! We'll definetly get it to her when we recieve it. Thanks so much! AND Yes, the concert rocked! I'm thinking up something that could be in terms of an annual event. I will need to consult the council privately for now but if this works it would be AWESOME... :)

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That's awesome Linda!!! I was there in spirit, even though I was in Sacramento at the Comic Con there. The other Jedi and stormies in attendance had a nice little talk about how we each knew Chanel and how she would have loved to be there.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thank you so much for doing that, Linda. It means a lot. When Angelica gets the photo, I'll be sure to tell her what fun Chanel and I had with Daniel and his family at Comic-Con, and when I meet him again, I'll be sure to thank him in person, maybe with Angelica too!

6. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    That would be great to make this into an annual event. I've got some ideas how to make this bigger and better for next year and the bands want to help out any way they can.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah this year it was scramble together really fast... I'm thinking of combining the Unity Celebration dinner that would be an annual thing in Feb with the music venue. That way we get more people, and people can come up for one awesome day of music and food. Though it would more likely be in Feburary next next year 2005.

8. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    You know what, I was just thinking the same thing. We could definately make alot of money for Angelica by doing that.It was a scramble this year because we didnt begin the planning until after Chanel's services and that gave us only a month to prepare. But if there is a next year, we'll have plenty of time to plan.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    EXACTLY... Members of the SFFF Council, how does this idea sound?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.