main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Angel's Plight (Au...Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, OC...now Han, Leia & Luke) Updated 1/29/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala22, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    UP! UP! UP! UP! UP! UP! UP!

2. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002

3. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002
    *Attempts to kick thread to the top, forgetting about sprained ankle, and falls over. Scowls over own idiocy, gets up, brushes at clothes and then pats around at pockets.*

Where on earth did I put that thing?

*Rifles around in school bag tossing out books, coffee mug, Einstine Bagles bag from breakfast, bike lock..."

AH HAH!

*Finally emerges with wand and points it at thread.*

Wingardium Leviosa!

*Levitates thread to top.*

(I am curretnly waiting for a storm to let up so I can hobble home before my next class and I have a little too much time on my hands at the moment. :p 8-} :D )

UP!

4. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    LOL!!!

Enigma Thank you! You so make my day! :D

Ah yes I'm just a bit overwhelmed with school-the professors like to assign things at the same time & add random ones just b/c they feel like it! Grrr... :mad: :p

Anyway, I'm almost done with the chapter-I'm trying to work in a scene that I have thought about for a long time.

<Though, not as long as one that will be included in the OT section of this story>

And yay for Harry Potter! ;) & as for too much time on your hands I must say that I'm jealous! 8-}

*lifts her thread up using the Force*

UPPERS!

~*Amilight

5. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    *screams in frustration*

Okay, got that out. :p

Thank God I'm out of the Falls sememester of college & Christmas!!! I got wonderful new presents, and therefore inspiration! A post will be up tomorrow!

~Amilight

6. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    OMG, I just realized I haven't updated in forever!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 38

Mid-level platform, Inner Residential circle, Coruscant

Running back towards the senatorial center of the city of Coruscant, the capital planet of the entire Reformed Republic, the group of Jedi race to strengthen the defenses against the inevitable attack and invasion by the Empire and their Sith masters.

As they are heading back towards the Senate building, the Jedi search for any invasion forces-especially the Sith. Leaping down a few levels, the Jedi group slips in between buildings, down alleyways, and running down short cuts.

They dive into a residential building near the Senate building, which resides in the heart of the political sector. Sariana goes in first followed by Arritin, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ali with Sylin and Thimos right behind them. Keeping their lightsabers held by their sides, not ignited, the Jedi pull Force shields around themselves in order to prevent their presence from being detected. All of them can sense the Sith nearby, so it is imperative that they do not reveal themselves.

Especially since ambushes are surprise attacks.

Looking around, the Jedi realize they?re on the hundredth level of the building and luckily there is another platform about fifty meters down the next two hallways on the left. Unfortunately, in between the Jedi and the platform are about thirty or so Sith.

Oh this is fun , Thimos says sarcastically. Ali and Sariana roll their eyes, Arritin and Obi-Wan each raise an eyebrow, and Sylin and Anakin grin in unison.

How about we focus? Sariana sends back, sparing a glance. They are closing in on the hallway where the Sith are about twenty meters down the hallway. The Jedi are deciding whether to peek around the corner or sneak pass. Going around would be safer but they need to face and defeat the Sith as soon as possible.

The problem is they are not close enough to the Senate building to reveal themselves. The point of their mission is to distract the Sith and defeat as many as possible. The distraction should give the Jedi and the Republic more time to either prepare to fight the incoming invasion or evacuate as fast as possible.

Should we pass through the opening as fast as we can or try to slowly make our way down the hallway? Arritin asks the others. Anakin turns to look at him as they quietly close in on the hallway opening.

How would we go down without being seen?!

From moving from room to room, though that would be risky, Obi-Wan sends. He looks to the others before adding, if they see us, it will hard to defend from any position.

They all stop and look at each other. Sariana frowns, before saying,
    Is there any other way?

No. There?s no point in going around, we would waste time Ali says, eyes narrowing. She sighs and looks across the opening to the hallway they are presently in. Sylin stares at her before shaking his head. He sends,
    Wasting time would be better than risk being caught, wouldn?t it?

Maybe, maybe not. We cannot waste time because the Sith and their armies are overhead and the Coruscantian fleet is slowly losing. There is no telling when another Republic fleet can reach us, so we must fight this battle ourselves. When the shield fails completely we will have thousands of Imperials and their Sith masters literally raining down on us. On the flip side, being caught would end our mission real quick, Obi-Wan answers, pressing himself against the wall and ready to look into the intersecting hallway. The others are behind him and they share glance. Anakin glares at everyone and mentally yells,
    We are wasting time right now! This is the fastest and the best option right now. We?re going to run into these guys anyway.

Better now then later, Ali says. She nods in agreement and Arritin adds,

Let?s hurry. I sense the first door to our left is open.

Okay, what if th

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, so Palpy is making an entrance. Maybe one of his Sith can turn on him? ;)

8. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Palatine/Sideous is going to fight? Yes please.

9. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    :D
    I'm glad I got your attention! :p
    Thank you & yes I am writing another update...

RebelMom Thank you & hmmm...maybe?...who knows? XD

Shadesaw LOL & thanks. Ah, the next battle has begun, eh?

~*Amilight

10. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002
    GAH! AMI!!!!!!!!!! That is so EVIL leaving it like that! *grumbles to self then sighs* Anywho, I hope the rest of your semester was ok and that your hols have been awsome!!!!! :D I am glad that my post made you smile! :) I like making people smile and laugh, and I love doing so myself. And Harry Potter definitely rocks! Keep safe! And...

UP! [face_dancing] 8-}

11. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Thanks enigma, once again you've made me smile. :D
    Ah...yes I'm evil leaving that wonderful little cliffhanger but hey that's me. :p My semester was fine, I did very well and now another one looms ahead.

Hopefully your holidays went as well as mine! ^^

As for the threads...well, my computer is once again up & running (in was down the last couple of days), so I'm back at work(storywise). There's just a few bits & pieces that I can't quite decide yet. Not writer's Block. Undecisiveness.

It's coming this week...so UP!

~Amilight

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    The life of a Jedi is fun and games, isn't it? Well, maybe not. A few fights interspersed with lots of boredom I would imagine...except for the lot in this story. ;) They seem to be up to there neck in trouble. And if they are in that much trouble, surely Palpy can't be too far behind... :D

So...in another four months or so? :p

13. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Hiya Moffy, & no a Jedi's life is only fun when there's something entertaining b/w battles or annoying droids! :D Hmmm...this story does have our heroes always in some sort of trouble.

So...in another four months or so? Bite me. :D

It'll be tomorrow...being its 12:03am right now.

Thanks everyone!

~*Amilight

14. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Hah! See Moffy! It's the 14th & yes, it's the 14th of January!!! ;)

>Thank you everyone who replied: jedi_enigma, RebelMom, Shadesaw, & Moffy!!!
    Ah & hello to the lurkers...

~*A/N: This is a battle chapter so there is violence involved! :D Enjoy! XD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 39

Anakin steps towards Palaptine as the Sith fall back ten paces, revealing there is about fifteen or so Sith right behind the Sith Master.

Immediately, Arritin moves to Anakin?s right side but stays at an angle, while Obi-Wan does the same on Anakin?s left side. Ali moves to protect both Arritin?s position as well as her own with Thimos directly behind Anakin. Sariana is to his right and protecting both Anakin and Sylin?s position. Sylin protects Obi-Wan?s position but also faces towards the Sith behind Anakin. The Jedi?s circle has moved closer together though Anakin is about two feet out towards Palpatine.

Moving across the platform towards the Jedi, the Sith Master pulls back the hood of his cloak to reveal his unnaturally aging face. The Sith, in front of Anakin, part to either side and the Sith around them move back a few feet more.

?Oh, this is not looking good,? Sylin whispers to the others. Sariana says softly,
    ?This is a fight between Palpatine and-?

?-ME.?

Everyone looks at Anakin who does not turn his gaze from Palpatine?s withering face. He says,
    ?It?s between Palpatine and me. My choice and my fate as the Chosen One.?

?But-!? Ali starts but Anakin cuts her off.
    ?This is how it is.?

?We are still here to help you!?
    ?Anakin, you can?t do this alone.?
    ?Do you even know what you?re going to be up against?!?

Arritin begins to laugh softly which causes the others, even Anakin, to quiet down. Arritin says, moving his golden lightsaber into an attack position,

?Anakin is outnumbered. We have our own battle with the Sith Lords and Ladies, while Anakin confronts Palpatine. When we?re done, we will then be fighting alongside Anakin. Calm down, use the Force and meld your minds to each other. We must move as one-even when we?re fighting different battles.?

Everyone nods and takes a step towards the Sith, who look at the Jedi with their glowing red eyes. Anakin slowly moves ahead of the others and towards the Sith Master?

?Palpatine comes to meet him and everything seems to pause?
    ?Anakin raises his lightsaber and rushes Palpatine and the battle begins.

Arritin turns towards a group of Sith to the right of Anakin and whirls his golden lightsaber around him. He meets the blades of two before knocking them back and dodging another one?s crimson lightsaber. Throwing his lightsaber up over his left shoulder, Arritin meets another lightsaber coming from behind.

The Jedi immediately pushes back and moves back a step before continuing the duel. As the others come for him, Arritin strikes the Sith?s right arm causing the Sith to withdraw. Diving to the left, Arritin moves to slash a Sith from hip to shoulder before whipping away to face another four coming straight for him.

Obi-Wan?s light blue blade slices through one Sith before decapitating another. He moves his blade side to side in a whipping motion, pushing back the Sith. Five more come to greet him but Obi-Wan smiles before bringing his lightsaber up in a mock salute and returning to a defensive stance.

Angry, the Sith come all at once but Obi-Wan moves swiftly through them. The Jedi Master seems to be gliding around them, slashing at their weak points. Obi-Wan strikes the side of one as he dives under the lightsaber of another before back kicking a Sith from behind. Obi-Wan quickly turns to block a lightsaber before throwing it back and slitting the neck of the Sith. As she falls, Obi-Wan moves out to face the three Sith that are left. The one who he had back kicked looks murderously at the Jedi Master, and Obi-Wan cannot help but grin.

The Sith growl and move around Obi-Wan before charging, crimson lightsabers ablaze. The Jedi Master side

15. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    ...and I'm seeing no replies. :_|
    This is really not helping my morale here. Oh well... [face_tired]

*lifts her story back to the top*

~*Amilight

16. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    *lifts her story to the top*

This is depressing... [face_tired]

17. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002
    YAHOO!!! I get first reply!!!! :D I love it...Sylin is singing in the middle of a battle! HA HA!!!! And I love the taunting, too amusing!

Loved it Ami! :) Can't wait for more!

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well this is a big un' :p

?It?s between Palpatine and me. My choice and my fate as the Chosen One.?

[:D] Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Oooo, good action there with Obi-Wan...

AS a matter of fact, lots of action all over the place. Slashing, slicing, decapitating...blades whirling everywhere :D

But what of Anakin and Palpy? I guess we have to wait on that one. Well, okay, I guess I can wait ;)

19. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Thanks, you two!!! :D You make this worthwhile!

jedi_enigma Thanks! :D Ah...yes Sylin is singing! It's so much playing with my characters & if he's having fun, why not?! :p

Moffy Thanks! Aha...the slicing & dicing...you make that sound like a bad thing? :confused: :p
    Anyway you'll now see more confrontation between Anakin & Palpatine.

Shall we?

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 40

Hundredth-level platform, facing the Senate Building, Inner Residential circle, Coruscant

With blades crossed and hissing, Anakin and Palpatine glare before pushing each other away. Standing ten feet apart, the Jedi and the Sith begin to circle each other once more.

Anakin holds his blue lightsaber to his right side, waiting for Palpatine to come at him. A smile graces his lips, as he knows that Palpatine is getting more angry by the minute. There is no anger in the Jedi?s eyes?Anakin is perfectly calm and a visible golden aura appears around him.

Palpatine?s eyes widen for a moment before he starts laughing madly. The Sith says,
    ?You are indeed the Chosen One, Anakin Skywalker.?

?So you?ve finally accepted the obvious, Palpatine?? Anakin says back with his smile growing just a bit. The Jedi moves into an attack position. ?Are we going to continue??

Growling, Palpatine charges Anakin with crimson/black lightsaber raised high. Anakin brings his own lightsaber up and easily pars the strike before turning away and slashing Palpatine right shoulder. The Sith growls in anger and counterstrikes, aiming for Anakin left side. The Jedi quickly twists out of the way before spinning out and behind Palpatine.

Palpatine swings his lightsaber around and Anakin blocks it before pressing his attack. Anakin immediately slashes at Palpatine?s left shoulder, right side, left leg, and a blow to the head, but Palpatine blocks each one. The Sith quickly whips his blade up towards Anakin?s face, but the Jedi throws himself back and moves his head out of the way.

Anakin immediately knocks Palpatine blade aside and aims for Palpatine?s neck. Palpatine easily doges it and Anakin quickly pars Palpatine?s next attack. Back and forth, the Sith and the Jedi crosses lightsabers before Anakin leaps backwards and lands ten feet away.

Anakin smiles and motions Palpatine to come and get him.

Palpatine glares at Anakin?s daring before throwing black lightning at the Jedi. Raising a his left hand, Anakin creates a Force shield to block the attack. Unfortunately, the next attack forces Anakin to dive out of the way.

? You will never defeat me, little chosen Jedi!? the Sith yells at Anakin. The Jedi laughs and says,
    ?We?ll just have to see about that!?

Anakin smiles before creating a ball of white energy in his right hand, moving his blue lightsaber to his left hand. Before Palpatine could block, Anakin releases the energy straight at him. The Sith Master is unable to dodge at such close range and is hurled backwards towards the building?s archway.

Suddenly a loud explosion rocks the entire sector, throwing everyone-Jedi and Sith-to the ground. The platform tilts, sending everyone scrambling to find something to hold on to.

Anakin and the rest of the Jedi plunge their lightsabers into the ground-just to the point of the hilt-and hold on for dear life.

The Sith grip onto the edges of the platform, while some race towards the building?s entrance?

On the other hand, Palpatine stands exactly where he was before. The Sith is simply using his powers to keep him fixed to the platform.

A secondary explosion, causes all the buildings to shake harder and the platform begins to actually slide towards the building. Those who did not find a secure grip are hurled towards the building?s door and slam into it. Dazed, the Sith do not look up when everything straightens out once again.

Palpatine smiles as the Jedi quickly pull out their lightsabers from the platform and down into defensive positions. He says,

?That definitely started near the Jedi Temple

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    At least anakin didn't turn to the dark side. He's using his brains for once.

21. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    *oops*
    Wrong screenname...XD

22. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Aha, I really need to watch out which screenname I'm playing with. Really, really..uh bad ne? :oops:

~*~

RebelMom *LOL* Indeed. Yes, my Anakin is being smart for once. ;) I see him as how he should have been if Palpatine hadn't messed with his head-or if Anakin was strong enough to prevent Palpy's influence. Anakin is such a strong character & the fact he fell into the Dark Side is too sad for me. Especially when at the lava planet you see him crying even though his eyes are a creepy red-yellow. ^^U

He's still there but buried deep down & now something else. ^^U

Anyway, I'm going to move on to my other stories when I get home tonight (I'm once again playing on a school computer before my next class XD )

~*Amilight

23. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Anakin is character that is soo stronge and then so weak all at the same time. Great!

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    There is nothing directly above them but suddenly the Jedi all have a sense of dread.

The Jedi look towards the door they had recently passed through before saying as one,

?Palpatine.?

Uh-oh!

But - Anakin kept his head for once. Yay! Great dialogue in the fight scenes there, Twi.

Arritin kind of made me think of Gimli and Legolas in RotK when they're counting the numbers as they kill. :)

Marvellous fight scenes. Very visual.

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Better late than never, huh? ;)

...you know, I don't have anything to pick out of this post. Its just some good, Star Wars-y action. Good stuff.

Now that I've posted you can continue. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.