ANH and ESB (SE's) sountrack help

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Vaderbait, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let me explain my situation:

I own both versions of the TPM soundtrack, Episode II, and ROTJ (SE) CDs. I own ANH and ESB on cassette, and wish to have them on CD. However, I don't want to spend 60 bucks for these two. Considering I've already contributed to "The Machine", except for maybe about $30 (the price of one CD), I trust none of you should have "ethics" problems about this.

Anyways, it is virtually impossible to find all of the tracks through Kazaa or any other download place. I don't have a mic, either, so I can't transfer from cassette to the computer (if this is even possible).

What I'm wondering is this: Do any of you know of a place online where I can download the tracks for these two soundtracks? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Tsk tsk, Vaderbait, buy the CDs! You'll never regret it!

Plunk down the money, come on!

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~
  3. Paradise in Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Trust me, these CDs are worth the $60. Not only do you get all the tracks in a neat little package with great sound quality, but you also get some very detailed liner notes.
  4. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, no they're not worth it. :p

My main problem is: I can't buy them at the moment. Eventually I am sure I can, but I'm not crazy enough with my money to spend 90 dollars this quickly on CDs (I just bought the UE version of TPM).

It's sort of like what I did with the AOTC CD (Can I even say that here? ;), I burned it first, then bought it.

5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ditto. They look awesome and it would be a pity to just have a burned CD with the words "TESB DISC 1" on it or something. :(

You don't have to shell out the $60 at once, just buy them over a period of time like I did.

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~
  6. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You guys aren't helping!!! Gar!!! :p And I have the cassettes, thus I already have the liner notes. All that I'm missing is the actual music on disc.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol, I am SO not going to help your corrupt motives! :p
  8. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    BUY THE CD'S.

'Nuff said. 8-}
  9. Sapno Krei Jedi Knight

star 3
    I myself have only resorted to downloading and burning when the CD in question is no longer in print (or never was officially in print).

Some of John Williams' more obscure scores like The River and Black Sunday and The Accidental Tourist are darn near impossible to find, while ANH and ESB are available anywhere and for relatively little money. If you can't afford them now, SAVE UP!
  10. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    *fives Sapno*

I completely agree. :D
  11. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You're missing the point! ::cries:: I plan on buying them just for the "officialness" of it all, but I want to listen to them now! I don't have a tape player in my car, in fact, only one in my house that works 50% of the time.

None of you are any help. :p
  12. Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Knight

star 2
    Buy them you mad criminal!
  13. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Gah! I did! But they're cassettes!! I need CDs for my car and I ain't spending 60 dollars on two CDs for a while! :p
  14. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    In the immortal words of Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Patience!"

Really, didn't you learn anything from the movies?
  15. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now I just need "Destruction of Alderaan" and "The Death Star/The Stormtroopers". Most elusive those tracks are...

Bah to all of you! :p
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.