main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANH OB1 pommel needed!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Master_Byrd, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Hey guys, I've been working on a ROTJ stunt saber Luke used, but I need one more piece... the sink knob used. I know only one source after searching for days online. Jeff Parks apparently has some Armatige Shanks handwheel styled faucet knobs. But he's charging $30 a piece, which is quite a bit for that one part. I wondered if anyone here had a source they knew of or an identical substitute I might use.

I know this is usually a resin cast part, but Park's are chrome plated... which looks so much better. I haven't seen this on the boards, so I thought it might be on other people's wish list as well. Thanks for the help.

2. Commander__Wright

Commander__Wright Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    I've never looked for this specific piece, but try Lowes of Home Depot. A lot of pieces can be found there and if nothing else, you can probably find something that is pretty similar.

3. krillindb

krillindb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    As far as i know, the closest thing you can get to this piece is a plastic version thta is only available in the UK. You should just look through your local hardware store's plumbing section. You probably wont find anything all that close but there are some cool looking faucet knobs that you can use instead.

4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think you are referring to the same handwheel as Parks is offering. The pommel on the Obi-Wan saber is assumed to be an older metal handwheel, by the same company (Armitage Shanks). The handwheels do not have the same exact shape.
    The pommel on the Luke ROTJ stunt saber is a little bit different from both and is most likely machined.

5. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    There is a resin pommel at Jedishack.com

Hope that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.