main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANH Problem...?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SithMaster83, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMaster83

SithMaster83 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2005
    OK I just watched ANH today....and I was just curious....what if R2 and 3PO never got in that escape pod....or even if they landed on another planet.....How would Obi-Wan have convinced LUKE to become a Jedi? Because we all know now that Yoda and Obi-Wan always intended for him to take out Vader...so what would have happened?...Any thoughts?

2. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    It was up to the force to decide what time Luke should start training. And since Vader is the son of the force, it worked it's mysterious magic and I guess made everything happen the way it did. So Vader pretty much got the ball rolling on his own son's training by attacking Leia's ship. Irony eh? :D

It's all because of the Chosen One...

3. SithMaster83

SithMaster83 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2005
    egh I guess that works....I mean Ive seen alot of crazy things in those movies....but Ive never seen ne thing to make me believe there is one all powerful force controlling EVERYTHING....LOL

4. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Well, Obi-Wan was waiting for the right time to train Luke around the time of ANH & because Owen & Beru would've still been alive, there would be no way Obi would be able to get near Luke without them around (Though, Beru would want Luke to follow his own path).

5. saq428

saq428 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    I beleive R2D2 knew exactly where he had to go. Leah had to have gotten her information on where Kenobi was from her "father" Bail Organa, and He probably knew that Kenobi was on Tatooine. In giving this information to Leah, and her entrusting the information to R2D2, Im sure R2 knew where he had to go. I also think that R2D2 knew all along what was going on. I don;t believe he had his memory erased at any time along the way, yet 3po did. In the radio drama, R2D2 was actually plugging in coordinates as to where the escape pod would land.

6. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    It is the force that drove Luke to Obi Wan...

7. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    This thread is more of a What If, than a problem. What you've proposed could be said about all of the episodes.

What if Anakin didn't "drop" when Qui-Gon told him too as Maul approached in the speeder. Anakin would have had his head taken off. Then there would be no Luke or Leia, no balance to the Force, etc...

What if Anakin, Padme, and Obi got eaten in the Arena?

Plain and simple the what if's didn't come true, so just enjoy the movie.

8. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    R2D2 had to find Obi-Wan. He would have babbled about his secret mission to 3PO until they found passage to Tatooine. As for Luke and Kenobi, Luke would have got tired of Owen and eventually left Tatooine and Kenobi would have looked for him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.