main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANH question

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dead-Cat, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead-Cat

Dead-Cat Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2004
    Since I first saw ANH at the cinema, I always wondered what happened to the Two Stormtroopers bodies in the scene where Han and Luke after arriving on the Death Star steal their outfits/armour.
    Q1 What does a Stormtrooper look like without it's armour?
    Q2 Are they dead or alive
    Q3 If dead do they chuck the corpses out or does Chewie make the crew a homemade stew.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    1) depends- if it's a clone, it would look like Jango Fett (see: AotC). If you follow the EU, then it could also be a recruit, and as such would just look like a person.

2) If the blasters had been set to kill, they would have left marks on the armor. More likely they were stunned, and along with the scanning crew, stuffed (unconcious) into the smuggling compartments Han, Luke et al. were in earlier.

3) I doubt they were dead, for the reasons said above, but most likely they came to while the others were around the Death Star, and rescued by others. That would have let the Imperials known about them, and would explain why we don't see them again. The timing of their waking up I would guess at around the time Luke, Han, Chewie, and Leia were in the trash compacter or so.

3. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    That bit's always bothered me. You hear blaster shots, yet there's no marks on the armour. When Leia gets stunned, the stormtrooper's blaster makes a 'fizzzzz' sound, not the regular laser blast heard in this scene.

Also, what happened to the scanning crew (and that big box of theirs)?

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Different blaster, different stun sound would be my guess.

And stun blasts wouldn't leave a mark on the armor.

The crew would probably be stuffed in the compartments with the stormtroopers, or else whereever the bodies were put. The box... left somewhere on the Falcon. By the time the Imperials found it, Han, Luke et co. would have already been out.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Other stormtroopers later found their unconscious bodies aboard the Falcon. They were taken to sick bay, and they died when the Death Star blew up.

6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I thought i read somewhere that Stormtrooper armor protects the user from being stunned. Now i'm not sure if its totally or partially stun-proofed, which could be the answere right there.

If it IS totally stun-proofed, then the explanation might be a little more difficult to come up with...

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I hadn't heard that...but I suppose its possible.

A well-placed shot to the neck might get through, and I doubt that would have such protection.

8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That bit's always bothered me. You hear blaster shots, yet there's no marks on the armour. When Leia gets stunned, the stormtrooper's blaster makes a 'fizzzzz' sound, not the regular laser blast heard in this scene.

Also, what happened to the scanning crew (and that big box of theirs)?

What bothers me is that the blaster reports that we hear sound like Hans blastech, not a Stormtroopers blaster.

As to the scanning crew, maybe the shoved them in the smuggling compartments.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    What bothers me is that the blaster reports that we hear sound like Hans blastech, not a Stormtroopers blaster.

Well, shouldn't it? Han shooting the stormtroopers?

10. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Guys, I got it. After Han calls the two Stormtroopers up there into the Falcon, Han trips and falls out from behind cover, pulling Luke down with him. As they struggle to their feet, the Stormtroopers burn them down in the hail of laser shots heard in the film. The Stormtroopers, somehow softened by this easy kill, begin to wonder what these two men's purposes and backgrounds might be. After delving into the Falcon's log, they find out that these two men are in fact Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.(We knew this of course.) Then they read on to find out that Han and Luke were also DNA donors for a random Imperial DNA drive in order for the Imperials to turn out more Stormtroopers from different, more diverse hosts. After these two Stormtroopers which killed the REAL Luke and the REAL Han learned that the dead Han and Luke were used as DNA hosts, they began to realize that they each bore a little more than coincidental resemblace to the two dead men. They then realize that as a product of their Imperial training, they unflinchingly murdered two people caught off-guard, and therefore the Empire is a bad thing that must be done away with. They then hide the dead REAL Luke and dead REAL Han, and, retaining their hosts' dreams, hopes, memories, loves, fears, fighting characteristics, helmet-wearing capabilities, and other traits, emerge from the Falcon to carry out the REAL Luke and REAL Han's plans to a decidedly Empire-crushing effect. These two Stormtroopers then go on to become the heroes of the Rebellion, all the while the ORIGINAL Luke and Han are left dead aboard the ill-fated Death Star I.
    *WHEW*

So........Any questions?

11. DarthSylvanus

DarthSylvanus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2004
    no questions...just me laughing!

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm confused.

13. Dead-Cat

Dead-Cat Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2004
    Well thanks for answering my question!
    As I thought alot of action happends off-screen so bless you and long may the arguments go on.

14. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    The blaster shots we heard might have been the Stormies trying to fight Luke and Han. But we know that they have such bad aim that they'll it their foot if they have their barrels right up to their enemies head.

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Maybe that's it.
    The Stormtroopers had the drop on Luke and Han, and tragically blasted themselves due to poor aim.

16. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    tragically blasted themselves due to poor aim.

I should say that if they hit anyone (themselves included) that would be a step up for the average Stormie :p Sure, we heard about the Sandcrawler incident, but we didn't see it...

;) {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    So........Any questions?

That theory gets my vote for theory of the year. In fact maybe best theory ever.

18. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    thank you.

That could be why the Stormies are such poor shots, they don't wanna hit their comerades...

19. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    you know, I never really thought about it until I joined these disection boards lol
    I think because ANH moves at such an incredible steady pace, that I was just so caught up in the story

but I would say that stunning them and binding them and putting them in the cargo holds is most likely the most logical explanation

20. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Maybe there's no marks on their armour because the troopers were just shooting and missing like stormtroopers do, and Han and Luke simply beat them up and stole their clothes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.