main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANH SE CD set, hidden thing found !

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by vlps, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Yep, Track 16 is the very first recording of the Main Title from ANH.
    "Track 16".... Sounds like it will become a cult-term for Star Wars music lovers in the future.

I have the Deluxe set of the OT:SE soundtracks as well. It´s neat! :)
    I really wish the guy who wrote that booklet could do the same awesome job for the PT soundtracks!

2. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Take 19 is the take that was used as the "Main Title" track on the Anthology box set. The "Main Title" (in the film and on the original soundtrack album and the SE) was edited together from takes 18, 19 and 20. If you listen to take 19 at the 1:43 mark (on the reveal of Tatooine) you'll notice that the loud gong crash is not there. That's clearly from another take. Take 19's opening though is clearly the correct opening of the theme.

Take 20's opening was used on the radio show, and takes 16 and 17 were not used at all.

It is not John Williams speaking on the recording either.

Neil

3. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    I too have the OT:SE deluxe version (booklet form). Got it off the internet for five bucks in excellent condition.

Something curious, though: am I just forgetting what it sounded like, or was the music for the Jabba/Han scene not on the CD as promised in the liner notes? I don't hear it where it's supposed to be!

4. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    The music used for the Jabba scene in the "Special Edition" of Star Wars is all tracked from Return of the Jedi. You can hear the music on that soundtrack.

Neil

5. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Ahhhh. Thank you very much! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.