Ani/Ami Databank 2.0 - Index and Discussion for A/P Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    At the moment, let us do that. *smiles* We're going through the New Story Indexes and finding all the fics that fit the criteria- more than seven replies a chapter, overall good grammar/spelling, decent characterization, plot developement, stuff like that. And if it isn't an automatic 'in', it gets passed to the four of us and we'll vote on it.

I think.

*runs off to finish the Feb stories*
  2. Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    Hi, MissPadme!

There are a couple of promising new A/P fan fic authors I've seen on LiveJournal, one named Edie and the other named juanitadark. They post on the padmeanakin community. Edie in particular is really good. She does mostly vignettes.

You should try to convert them to the ways of the JC! We Know Drama! Okay, maybe that's not a good thing ...

Okay, forgive a Padawan's question, but do we include a link to our own A/P fics or do we let others do that for us?

What Alethia said. But, if you have a pre index fic in mind (~Sept 2004 and before) that's not listed, we're interested in those.

Okay, I have an offering of buttons!

1[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/uscathena/index/apbutton.gif] 2[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/uscathena/index/apbutton2.gif] 3[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/uscathena/index/apbutton3.gif]
    4[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/uscathena/index/apbutton4.gif] 5[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/uscathena/index/apbutton5.gif]

Links:
    1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
  3. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oooh, I love blue ghostie A/P. That's why he's so handsome as a ghost. To make sure that he's still Padme's beau. ;)

4. nobodys_angel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the answers! :D Just wanted to clear that up before I went and broke some rules ;)

I'm loving all the buttons! They're so pretty!!
  5. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    Oooh, I love blue ghostie A/P. That's why he's so handsome as a ghost. To make sure that he's still Padme's beau.

Now that would be a cool button... is is possible? And I love him as a ghost too...at first I was a bit reserved, but then I saw it and loved it...
  6. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Blue ghostie Anakin is still hot. He can haunt me anytime! :p
  7. Alderaan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that would be a cool button... is is possible?

*tries and fails to pull herself away from Photoshop*

Gonna give it a whirl...

That's why he's so handsome as a ghost. To make sure that he's still Padme's beau.

Oh, absolutely. Why would he make himself pretty to spend eternity with a couple of crusty old guys? :p I need to finish my Ghostie!P/A fic as well (and about the two dozen other unfinished P/A fics I have littering my hard drive). Also need to work up the nerve to post fic here again - I post on LiveJournal, but I don't think I've posted any fic here since By the Grace of Lady Vader, and that's been... a while. :p
  8. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    [face_dancing][face_dancing] You should post it here!!!

And I want a blue ghostie A/P button! [face_love][face_love]

9. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I was blown away (in a very good way) by "By the Grace of Lady Vader."

Okay, that looks weird the way I typed it, but you get the idea.

What an amazing story! =D=
  10. Alderaan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. :) I do consider my part in 'Grace' some of the best writing I've done - but the rockingness of the story was still JG and a-p all the way. :) I've never seen either of those two write a lousy fic. (Lucky wenches!)

You know, I don't think I've ever posted an independent fic on these boards. Plenty of round-robin work, but never a solo endeavor. Something always held me back.

Okay, I went and did it. First attempt:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/ladyaeryn/threadbutton.jpg]

The way RotJ should have ended, dangit. ;) Ani, Padme - and no crusty old Jedi in sight.

Now that I've done the ghostie!manip, something tells me I'll be tinkering with it for icons and wallpaper in the near future. :p
  11. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all for making ghostie A/P fanon :). Great job on the button.

Another recommended author is garnettrees, but I think she only posts on LJ as well.

--MissPadme
  12. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I LOVE that A21!!! But can I just say.... :_|:_| That's what Luke should have seen.

A/P ghostie fics, here we come. I did Here, so I'm right there with you A21. They end up together, no doubt.

We need more buttons. I'll have to give it a whirl, too. We need some lurker buttons and just some regular old A/P goodness buttons. I have got to get to those fics on LJ. Is it in the PA community?

13. Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    Lovely button, A21 :D

And you should write more here. ;) Us old fogies would be thrilled [face_mischief]
  14. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, thanks for the button, A21. What a great one! Yes, bring on the fics! And I have to get around to reading 'By the Grace of Lady Vader'- I don't want to start it until I have time to read it straight through and I haven't had that lately...

And LiveJournal has an A/P group? *bangs head* Why did I never think of looking there? *groan* Stupid me...and now I have to unearth my LiveJournal account...and I have no idea what the screenname was...
  15. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Now that I've done the ghostie!manip, something tells me I'll be tinkering with it for icons and wallpaper in the near future.

Okay, A21 - you will have to tell me how to do this. Mine is pretty bad...ghosties are much harder than they look.

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/welcomehome.jpg]

Anakin - he may get crispy, but he gets to be hot for eternity! Payback. Hah!!!! [face_devil]
  16. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, I love that icon, roo. I've always liked that pic and having it ghost-ified is even better!
  17. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    rhonderoo, those fics I mentioned were on the padmeanakin community.

(BTW, your post ROTJ story was terrific!)

Heh heh, your comment reminded me of an icon of ghostie young Anakin with the caption, "Score one for the Skywalker family." Heh heh.

--MissPadme
  18. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oooh, I need to see that icon, MP!!! I'll have to get to LJ. I love the one rohandove did. I haven't journaled since before ROTS. Thanks on the story! :D
  19. Alderaan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, garnettrees has posted here, as Meredith_B_Mallory - I'm not sure how often she posts here, though. I definitely second the recommendation for her stories.

Okay, A21 - you will have to tell me how to do this. Mine is pretty bad...ghosties are much harder than they look.

I haven't yet tried to turn a pre-existing P/A pic into a ghostie image - that does make it a little harder. So I just took one already with ghostie Anakin (so I wouldn't have to do anything to him ;)). Then I inserted the Padme image as a new layer, faded her opacity, added some blue/cyan to her tone (and maybe fade the saturation), and gave her a bit of a Gaussian blur for the ghostie aura, until she matched Anakin. With a pre-existing P/A pic... hmm. I would just do the same thing. Insert the P/A pic as a new layer into another image, then do all the edits I just mentioned.

Glad people like the button - it looks like we already have plenty of good ones, but I can try a few more if people like. :)

Most of the fics I've written are on the P/A LJ community, or in the "memories" section of my userinfo on my LJ, but I'll try to bring them over here. But I'd like to get a few more finished up before I do, so I can do regular updates for a while.

Roo, I've always loved "Here" - beautiful story. :)
  20. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    [:D] Happy Lurker Week!!! [:D]

Welcome to all you lurkers! We'd love to here from you in any of the stories on the boards, whether it be Before the Saga, The Saga, or Beyond the Saga. So if you're out there, please come in and join us! The more the merrier!!! :D We love discussing Anakin and Padme and would love to meet you!

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/dontworry.jpg]

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/babyluke.jpg]
  21. Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    That's pretty good, roo. I like :D I tried to make a button of that pic, but I couldn't find a high enough quality one ;)

HEY LURKERS! WE LOVE YOU!

EDIT: A21, roo: is it alright if I put those buttons in my photobucket account with all the other A/P stuff? (Actually, I was thinking of making a new photobucket account just for the indexing stuff. Might be useful, then the indexers can share the password.)

Also, feel free to update the index alphabet dividers, especially with RotS stuff, if you want :D
  22. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oooh, that'll be sweet, P_A!! New dividers. Feel free with any of my buttons! :)

Thanks for the info A21! Please, make more!
  23. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, loving these buttons! :D

24. Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    Okay, just a few quick, er, announcements, thoughts?

I've asked two of my friends to design some buttons and index dividers. One is obaona, whom you all should have seen hopping around the fan fic forums. But did you also know that she created the banner for Before the Saga and the blue main banner that was up before the current? Anyway, she was very eager to help out, but she might be a while because she, of all things, is currently designing Amidala_Skywalker's new Battlestar Galactica site :rolleyes: You can view her work at her site

The other is ThePodSquad, whom you probably don't know. She's a member here, but sort of fell out of the fandom. Well, she is currently obsessed with RotS and must make pretties. She's offered to make new dividers for a-d, j-m, and r-u. I'll edit this post once she directs me to a place where she has examples of her work ;) Here's one example.

So I'm pretty excited :D

In other news, roo is indexing the stories from April, while I'm working on the ones from May.

I had a thought pop into my head this morning ( [face_worried] ). Most of you, save for A21 (and I dug this link out of your posts :p ) probably have never read this:

Always In Motion, the Future

It was orginially written by JediGaladriel in the way long ago and is about TPM aged Anakin and Padme. They find a Force bubble which allows them to see their future. They find that, through making different decisions, they can alter the future. They hit upon the perfect future by chance and are not sure what to do to secure it, so they try different routes. Each route creates a unique universe that they see for only a few minutes.

While JG wrote most of what's there, she intended for this fic to be a round robin, where each author posted a vignette length post of their own universe and the decision that led to it. Clarus and DarthIshtar wrote a piece for it each, but the fic was never very popular.

So I was thinking, what if, with JG's permission, of course, we started it up again as an index-sponsered round robin? We could invite the best A/P authors to participate ...

Dumb idea? Any takers?
  25. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Sounds good to me, P-A! I'll make some index dividers,too if you'd like. Just tell me which one. I do cover art and have a few TFN icons still in circulation, so let me know. And A21 is awesome with graphics. We can work on it if Oboana doesn't have the time.

Yay me for the April index! I'm working on it now, but at my work computer where it's fast (slow doesn't make for good indexing...*sigh*). :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.