main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ani/Ami Databank 2.0 - Index and Discussion for A/P Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Sounds like an interesting concept...hmm.

--MissPadme

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Love the idea! I started (but never finished or posted) a story where Anakin could see four different futures (Gina read it I think). But I LOVE the idea of them BOTH seeing the future. Could get very interesting. And a round robin takes some of the pressure off, LOL!

3. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Here are the index entries for April:

Jedi_BMK
    Title: Destiny of the Skywalkers Part I: Hope Renewed
    Genre:AU, action, drama
    Timeframe: OT
    Summary: OT Era AU. On a routine trip to Alderaan, Darth Vader finds the wife he thought he lost and the daughter he never knew he had. This chance meeting alters the course of history and the path of the Skywalker family.
    Notes: First in a planned trilogy.

AnakinsHeir
    Title: Between Your Heart and Mine
    Genre: Songfic
    Timeframe: AOTC to Post ROTJ
    Summary: Sometimes words are not needed to express that which is felt in the heart.

Mystralgyrl
    Title: Lamentations for Padme
    Genre: songfic
    Timeframe:
    Summary:

rhonderoo
    Title: This Weapon is Your Life
    Genre: Humor, Vignette
    Timeframe: Pre-ROTS
    Summary: Anakin's lightsaber is messed up again, only this time...it's not his fault. Originally a challenge in the AS/DV character discussion thread.

cha3ka
    Title: Twilight Ascent
    Genre:
    Timeframe:Post-AOTC
    Summary: Anakin goes to the dark side, Amidala follows him.
    Notes: I hope to try to introduce a relatively unwritten--or at least that I've seen--plot line. This story is an AU that centers around Anakin's fall--basically an ROTS replacement--but with a substantial twist. Let me know if you think its something worth continuing.

Reihla
    Title: For My Wedding
    Genre: Songfic
    Timeframe: AOTC
    Summary: Anakin's thoughts on his wedding day

Ataris
    Title: The Price of Freedom
    Genre:
    Timeframe:
    Summary:

Alethia
    Title: Going Back To Yesterday
    Genre: AU
    Timeframe: Post-ROTS
    Summary: After giving birth to the twins, instead of dying, Padmé slips into a coma. Two years later, she awakens to find the galaxy much changed from when she last knew it. But the foremost thing on her mind is seeking out her husband?
    Notes: This started out as a random idea, as most all fics do, I?d assume. Getting back into the fandom after an almost three year absence, this idea popped into my head and after a bit of wrangling with it, I got it to work. At least I hope so?

LaYa_
    Title: In Dreams
    Genre: Angst, Vignette
    Timeframe: Post-ROTS
    Summary: Vader thinks about Padmé.

Cil
    Title: In Fire's Hands
    Genre: Vignette
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Padme and Anakin see what the fire's of war can do.

Ataris
    Title: Back to the Future
    Genre:
    Timeframe: ROTS, OT
    Summary:

- roo

I present these stories from May:

DarthIshtar
    Title:

4. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll make some index dividers,too if you'd like. Just tell me which one. I do cover art and have a few TFN icons still in circulation, so let me know. And A21 is awesome with graphics. We can work on it if Oboana doesn't have the time.

We still need a new useful links button, a spotlight button, and maybe even a challenge button ;) I'm thinking too that we might be able to have challenge contests (maybe once every season?) and we could make a custom button for each winner? I love me buttons!

Love the idea! I started (but never finished or posted) a story where Anakin could see four different futures (Gina read it I think). But I LOVE the idea of them BOTH seeing the future. Could get very interesting. And a round robin takes some of the pressure off, LOL!

Heehee. So, should we start a new one, or just continue JG's? I'm thinking it might be good to start a new one - to get authors and readers involved in the story immediately rather than having to go to a seperate page and read all of JG's posts and then come back. But if we just continued it, it would be a way to directly connect the new generation with the old ...

*ponders*

5. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I read that fic! About a month ago, actually. I have a habit of unearthing really old stories and threads...makes some great reading *grins* Anyway, sounds like a great idea! And I still have to get through those fics you PMed, Pallas...

And new buttons and dividers- cool!

6. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Hi! Well, I haven't been around these parts in approximately forever and a day.

Pallas_Athena asked me to contribute a couple of buttons and I was more than happy to oblige.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ZylonaForever/arena18buttoncopy.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ZylonaForever/balcony2-hiresbuttoncopy.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ZylonaForever/still191copy.jpg]

I'll probably have more in the near future. :)

7. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Lovely buttons, TPS! :)

Yes, P-A, go ahead and add my button if you want. :)

We still need a new useful links button, a spotlight button, and maybe even a challenge button

Working on it. :)

Interesting fic idea (it's been so long since I've read that fic it's almost as new to me as it is to the rest of you! :p)....

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This thread coming back to life inspired the muse of my 'ship. I actually wrote a mushy A/P story today for the first time in months. :eek:

9. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    The world needs more mush ;).

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    okay, update:

-Put up new, shinny index dividers :D
    -Put up buttons
    -Made an A/P photobucket account. You can view it here. Spiffy.

I read that fic! About a month ago, actually. I have a habit of unearthing really old stories and threads...makes some great reading *grins*

:eek: How? How does someone find something like that without looking for it?

So enough interest? Should I email JG?

Pallas_Athena asked me to contribute a couple of buttons and I was more than happy to oblige.

Very purty, Hammy ;) but you know that ;)

Interesting fic idea (it's been so long since I've read that fic it's almost as new to me as it is to the rest of you! tongue )

I randomly remembered it, I swear! Must have had a great effect on the newbie PA [face_mischief]

11. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    How? How does someone find something like that without looking for it?

Hmm...you go to Classic (or any of the other boards) and click on a random page. I think I found that story around page 100 or so...and then you work your way forwards or backwards and stop when you run out of time, looking for interesting fics.

And wonderful buttons, Pod! I love them.

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    There are some really good ones out there. We should start a hall of fame or something. I loved some of the proposal fics.

We need to also do something like wallpaper contests and vignette contests. Something to spruce up the place even more.

LOVE the buttons, Pod!!! :D

I'm still indexing April at work (while doing this months Corporate Income Statement and Variance Report), cross your fingers I don't get the three projects mixed up!! [face_laugh]

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    One of the things I love about indexes like this is that it helps me find stories I might not have seen otherwise, especially with the boards moving they way they are right now.

I'm having a great time reading the stories! :D

14. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Reading. Humpf. Who has time for reading?

*sigh* Not me, not at the moment...

Hopefully soon. Hopefully next week I should have time. My lasdt big project (hopefully) is tomorrow and the last test I really have to study for is July 1st. Then I have a month of school left, but at least it's fairly smooth flying.

But once I do have the time, I cna't wait to start reading theser fics.

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I have so many things to catch up on!! :_| I'm going to read and reply to a lot of new stuff this weekend. I swear.

16. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hmm...you go to Classic (or any of the other boards) and click on a random page. I think I found that story around page 100 or so...and then you work your way forwards or backwards and stop when you run out of time, looking for interesting fics.

Wow, that's quite a practice, you must come across some scary stuff at times. [face_mischief]

There are some really good ones out there. We should start a hall of fame or something. I loved some of the proposal fics.

That would be cool. You now, though, when (if?) they boards move, all the links will be changed. This will be a problem I haven't been feeling up to addressing. The index will be useless when that happens *sigh* But, yeah, maybe something like a locked thread reading list? Specially if Alethia is in to digging around back there ;)

I'm still indexing April at work (while doing this months Corporate Income Statement and Variance Report), cross your fingers I don't get the three projects mixed up!!

LOL [face_laugh]

*is still loving her firefox*

17. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    April index done. *Whew*

Firefox rocks, does it not??? :cool:

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    How about a new Useful Links button?

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/usefullinks.jpg]

19. InLoveWithLordVader

InLoveWithLordVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    This index is wonderful! I have been lurking for months on these boards getting my A/P fix before ROTS came out and I finally joined so I could thank the authors for giving me such pleasure. I have been just randomly finding and losing fics on a daily basis so it is so nice to have found this thread! I can't believe I just found it today! This should give me enough reading material for a few weeks! The index is so pretty and helpful and I love all the cool buttons that have been made. I have not written for years, and really don't plan to, but I love reading what others have written. Without A/P fiction I don't know how I would have made it through the end of ROTS! I deperately need to keep the characters alive in my mind. I will have to write this thread down so I can keep track of it. Thanks!
    Robin

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    My fics To Hell with false modesty [face_whistling]

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Welcome, Robin! :) [:D] Hope you don't mind if we call you that! Otherwise, we'll have to shorten your name to ILWLV. [face_laugh] There is also a discussion thread for Anakin/Vader and Padme as separate characters.

Breezy - That's a cool idea!! I need to go back and re-read some of your classics.

22. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Robin, you have a great screen name!

Glad you are enjoying the A/P fics!

--MissPadme

23. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I wonder if my little one shot could be considered A/P due to that one moment?

24. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    How about a new Useful Links button?

Very nice :D But I don't think it needs the "Fate ..." and index name, since it's not an ad button. So, yeah, just make the useful links bigger? ;)

Welcome, Robin! :D Yes, Robin, nice and short but that is a very cool username ;)

I wonder if my little one shot could be considered A/P due to that one moment?

Yes, yes it can :p

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, I guess I'm going to have to take classes on this whole button thing. ;) [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.