main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ani/Ami Databank 2.0 - Index and Discussion for A/P Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ani_and_Ami_index

Ani_and_Ami_index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Have horrible case of DWB, so I thought I'd update with some of the stories that have already made it past the first wave of voting. These aren't all the stories for March and May, but some:

DESTiNED_tO_FALL
    Title: Forever Gone
    Genre:
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Anakin & Padmé have one last confrontation before Anakin's complete fall to the Dark Side.

princesskenobi4
    Title: Always Hope
    Genre: vignette
    Timeframe:
    Summary:

Ataris
    Title: Dangerous Liaisons
    Genre: AU
    Timeframe:
    Summary: Padme attempts to seduce her husband after he rejected her advances

JediMasterRev
    Title: A Jedi Father's Memories
    Timeframe: IT
    Summary: A post RotS AU: After fulling his destiny of returing balance to the Force, now Anakin and Padme have new adventures awaiting them as they tackling a new foe--parenthood. An AU story about how things could have been.

lady_sapphire
    Title: IN DREAMS
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Summary:

JDH3
    Title: Rise of the Empire
    Genre: Lighter side AU
    Timeframe: RotS
    Summary: Title kind of says it all, don?t you think?

JediMasterRev
    Title: The Naboo Chronicles
    Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure.
    Timeframe: End of TPM to 6 years prior to AotC
    Summary: A post TPM AU. How would Anakin's destiny be altered if the Jedi intially rejected him and he stayed on Naboo? Would this keep him in the light or would the Darkside prevail still?

Knight_Dilettante
    Title: Can I Go?
    Genre:
    Timeframe: during TPM
    Summary: This is a response for the First Day challenge. Anakin's first hours away from home.

Edit: Also pruned some of the already indexed fics that didn't meet our new guidelines. It sucks, yes, but it's for the best.

-PA

2. InLoveWithLordVader

InLoveWithLordVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome rhonderoo and MissPadme, and yes, Robin is just fine! I am really excited about finding this thread! Thanks for directing me to the V/A and P discussions. I will have to head there next. Since there are so many stories listed in the index does anyone have any recommendations? Any certain authors or fictions that stood out for you? I guess since it looks like everyone who posts here writes I will just start with the stories authored by all of you! I hope to get to most of them over the weekend so you will have to watch for my feedback. I have already read Altheia's fic and I have to admit that I was very impressed. Her Vader and Padme interactions caused those little prickly chills to run uo and down my spine. I, as you might have noticed, have a passion/obsession for Vader. Sadly enough I have had this obsession from the time I was a kid and saw ESB in the theater the first time around. I suppose this dates me horribly! Unfortunatly, the release of the prequels only made it worse!!! I have a feeling I will someday be a drooling pile of pasty wrinkled flesh emberassing my family with my ramblings on Vader, Anakin, Padme and the dark side. Thanks again for this great index!
    Robin

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks Robin and welcome! I hope you enjoy it here- though it already seems like you do *grins* Hmm...recs...check out our Indexers (rhonderoo and Pallas Athena and VaderLVR64- you already know me). They all write great fics, though Pallas hasn't seemed to write an A/P in a long while...

I also suggest Gina and Miss Padme and geo3 and pretty much every author on this list...

And as a general reminder- Nominations for the Summer Fan Fiction Awards have begun! Remember to nominate your favorite fics and authors and have lots of fun.

-Your friendly Beyond host

4. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes, I have not written A/P in a long time, a long time ...

Actually, I'm working on a new A/P fic, a long one, but I want to get most of it written before I post, so that I can avoid the problem I seem to face with TStSFS. I've got about 8,000 words done (in a week ;) ), so you should see it soon :p

Anyway, good authors, good authors. *reads the index*

ami-padme was the A/P goddess for a long time. She's written more than we have here, but it was on the Classics board, locked and can't be found. You can try looking for her stuff on Vader's Mask or Moons of Iego.

If you like song fics, AnakinsHeir has won awards on hers.

darksideyesplease is a newbie that seems to be making quite an impact. I'd keep my eye on some of his fics.

Many enjoy Darth_Lex's epic series. It's lightside Ani.

(again with geo3 and Gina)

Kazzy: Now her most interesting story, A Moment in Time, is not freatured here because it's not A(V)/P (yet [face_mischief] ) but it has Vader, Luke, Leia, and Padme. Well worth a read.

Meredith_B_Mallory is also someone I'd consider an A/P oldbie. Unfortunately, some of her best stuff isn't here, but I'd venture a look at her new stuff.

nobodys_angel is also a newbie that's making an impact.

Pallas-Athena actually has two A/P fics, but the other one sucks and is locked.

Tribun is known for Angel of Alderaan, about Vader stopping the destruction of Alderaan to find Padme.

I really enjoyed Yoda-Feet's story about a boy that has a crush on Padme.

5. nobodys_angel

nobodys_angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Pallas-Athena posted on 6/10/05 4:46pm

[b]nobodys_angel[/b] is also a newbie that's making an impact.

[hr][/blockquote]

Aww shucks! Now I'm all blushing and giggly [face_blush] I definately feel VERY honored to be recommended, especially as new as I am!!! And I second all of the other recommendations! There so much talent here that I just haven't been able to keep up with it! I'm hoping to do better at that after this weekend (if I don't have a hangover after my birthday [face_sick]...and on that note, don't watch any SW flick while drunk...things just don't seem the same...although they are really funny...)

Back on the subject...Sorry about that...[face_batting]

Thanks again for the recommendation Athene!!!

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The last one I wrote was here: Keep Me Here

Both of these are more Vader/Padme with Anakin thrown in. ;)
    Monuments

Anniversaries of the Heart

As far as my faves they've been covered in the posts above. Look around and make yourselves at home. There are a bunch of good A/P writers! We're glad to have both of you!! :D

Nice icon nobodys_angel.;)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I know there's a beta thread, but I was wondering if anyone HERE is interested in beta reading an A/P fic. There would be no deadlines because I am going to get the whole thing written in advance before I start posting. It will be an ROTS AU, almost all A/P. I just want a beta that is very familiar with A/P. I really just want someone to bounce ideas off of, make sure a chapter works, that their characters seem to be relatively intact. As I said, this is an AU but I don't want to mangle the characters. If someone is willing, just PM me. This may end up being a long fic but if you get tired that's fine, I'll just con...I mean ask, someone else. Again no pressure or deadlines. I'm taking my time and I'll start posting once I'm all done and these boards slow down! :D

If you need more details before you decide, PM me. Just to let you know it takes a left turn about halfway through ROTS.

8. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Kim, I'll PM you as well, but I'd gladly return the beta-ing favor.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You're it, Alethia. I mean, thank you! ***sucker***

Cough, I didn't say that, really. I have the first chapter ready to send, it's rough but you'll get an idea. Later tonight I'll PM you the story line, which is all laid out in my mind. A very dangerous place to be for sure!

10. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, now you're worrying me *grins*

Looking forwards to it! Not sure how much longer I'll be on tonight (it's midnight and I'm tired), but I'll definitely get to it tomorrow at the latest.

11. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Pallas-Athena Thanks for mentioned my name right up there near the top. hehe

I have 3 stories out there right now that I'm working on. all three involve A/P. and one also has alot of Obi/Sabe in it. even though I dont really know Sabes character very well.

I also have one completed story with tons of A/P in it.

and I already have a Sequel in the plans for that completed story, and I've already begun work on a Vader/Padme morbid type of story.

anyway, just wanted to throw all that out there.

really means alot anytime someone just brings my name up out of the blue, really brings warm feelings to my heart (no yoda impression here.)

anyway, just wanted to thank you for mention my name, and hopefully I can be consitant, and continue to make decent stories.

12. Yoda-Feet

Yoda-Feet Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hey, um...well... I told you guys I'd be around-- and I have been!-- I just have a bad habit of lurking... and I've often been too busy to post.

I'm excited about all the A/P talk going on... (ha, imagine that) ! :D I love this thread-- I've had access to a lot of great A/P fics that I didn't even know existed...and I've enjoyed the beautiful writing of many of you. :D I'm not going to name any names... partly because I just can't remember who's fics I've read recently.

I do have something mildly exciting to contribute to the conversation-- I was visited by a plot bunny the other day. :D *dance of joy* It's been ages since I've received one of those! I don't know how this one would turn out, but I think it could definitely have potential... but I don't know if I'm the right one to pursue such an idea. *nervously looks around thread* If anyone is interested in even HEARING what this little bunny has to say, please PM me. :D (By the way, in case you hadn't figured it out-- it's an A/P bunny). ;) It's really, to be honest, not the type of story I am used to writing, and I want it to come out as good as possible...ehh, who knows. I may be excited over nothing. But SOMEone PM me... I'm curious as to if I can get someone else interested in this idea too. :)

MTFBWY-

-YF

13. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I definately feel VERY honored to be recommended, especially as new as I am!!! And I second all of the other recommendations!

Thanks again for the recommendation Athene!!!

Welcome! :D I say that if you're good, you're good, new or not. And while it may take a little time to get noticed, you will get noticed ;)

anyway, just wanted to thank you for mention my name, and hopefully I can be consitant, and continue to make decent stories.

Welcome ;)

If anyone is interested in even HEARING what this little bunny has to say, please PM me.

You can PM me it, if you want, Yoda-Feet :D

Just to brag, lookie at the A/P wallpaper obaona made for me =P~ I'm using as the bg for my lj.

Anyway, think we should have an official discussion topic?

Anyone dying to ask somthing or should I pick a topic?

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, yes. A discussion topic is most definitely in order!

15. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes, discussion topic, please!

And writing mush is fun! Rev 'forced' me into writing much (okay, more like he got a plot bunny stuck in my head and it wouldn't go away, dang bunnies) and now that I have written A/P mush, it's so fun! And now I have these other bunnies...which is sort of a bad thing because I already have enough to do and I promised myself that I wouldn't start too many fics, like I've done with everything else I've ever written...but it's a good thing too, because A/P mush is wonderful...

*sigh* I never thought that I would write much...

And Y-F, you can send the idea to me too, I wouldn't mind hearing it either *grins*

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Writing A-P mush is addictive, Alethia. We warned you!!! [face_mischief]

Topic sounds good!

Watched ROTJ last night. You have to wonder where Vader's thoughts of Padmé come into play there towards the end. I always think he's thinking of her as he turns to look off on the catwalk after Luke says, "Then my father is truly dead."

In that scene, you can just see Hayden's face (as Anakin) like it is when he's walking in the Chancellor's chamber's in ROTS and he's looking down and deep in thought. And of course you know, he's thinking about her in the catwalk scene. [face_mischief]

In fact, I remember back before we found out that Anakin (Vader) believes he caused Padme's death, we thought he would think the Jedi killed her or that she was killed and it was his grief that kept him on the dark side. Looking back, I wonder if that would have been enough to keep him on the dark side. Probably so, but maybe not. But George having him think that he's the reason his beloved wife is dead is enough to make him hate himself enough to stay on the dark side for twenty some odd years. Storytelling wise, it was genius. As much as it sucks...! :_|:_|

17. InLoveWithLordVader

Jun 2, 2005
    Writing A-P mush is addictive, Alethia. We warned you!!!

SO is reading it!!!

Watching ROTJ is even more trasgic for me having seen ROTS several times. I can't get through a viewing of ROTJ without crying. I agree with you, Rhonderoo, about Vader thinking about Padme after Luke says, "Then my father is truly dead." I always tear up at that part.

But George having him think that he's the reason his beloved wife is dead is enough to make him hate himself enough to stay on the dark side for twenty some odd years. Storytelling wise, it was genius. As much as it sucks...!

I know! I know! This is why I seperately need to reas AP much!!!

darksideyesplease--I look forward to reading your Vader/Padme morbid type of story.

18. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    as soon as The Dating Game is finished in about a week or so, I have the first three chapters to that new story written, so you won't have to wait long, I'll post a link to it here once i start posting it...

rigth now the working title is..

The Resurrection of Padme

19. InLoveWithLordVader

Jun 2, 2005
    Sorry about the spelling errors. My cat jumped on my keyboard and sent this before I could proof it. For some reason my typing is a lure for my cats to bombard me with affection. I meant to write...

I know! I know! This is why I deseperately need to read AP mush!!!

20. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    *snort* Now you tell me...

*grins*

No, it's just that I never write mush. Romance, yes. But mush? No way. Write way too darkly for that. Angst, Drama, creepy, dark- those are my usual genres. And I never do humor either, since my humor is also more of the darker sort...

And then I get tricked into writing mush and humour and now the stupid bunnies won't stay away. *attempts to beat off bunnies* Annoying creatures...

Anyway, it is fun, though. Definite a change, but hey, change is good *grins*

Hmm...ROTJ...too tired to think right now...

But I have to admit I have wondered about if he was thinking about Padme in those scenes and stuff.

21. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    And then I get tricked into writing mush and humour and now the stupid bunnies won't stay away. *attempts to beat off bunnies* Annoying creatures...

Oh, come on, Alethia, join us on the Mush Side. You know you want to. Muwahahaha *cough* Sorry. I don't do the evil laugh very well. :p

No, I know what you mean. I mainly write angst, too, but every now and again, I just can't resist writing something with humor and, yes, good old-fashioned mush. ;)

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I've been trying get back into good old fashioned mush, as I've been diverted by a certain armour-clad Sith Lord more often than not here lately. But I'm beating him back and actually coming up with a few teeny, tiny plot bunnies. But I have so much on my plate now, that I have to finish a couple of long stories first... Le sigh.

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Gina and I are up to our chins in A/P mush right now, aren't we? [face_devil]

But it's so much fun. Actually, I should shoot myself. I'm writing a story with Gina (MUCH FUN THERE! WOO HOO!) not to mention four other stories that are turning out to be monsters, in that they will be much longer than I anticipated. I'm insane!

But I can't help it. I love writing Anakin/Vader. Now I want to do a Vader story, just plain old Vader, black armor, bad temper, and unfortunate tendency to choke those who annoy him. :p My kinda guy!

24. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    I don't know, VL. What we're doing to our dear couple may be classified more as torture than mush. :p j/k!

But I can't help it. I love writing Anakin/Vader. Now I want to do a Vader story, just plain old Vader, black armor, bad temper, and unfortunate tendency to choke those who annoy him. My kinda guy!

Yeah, you can't help but love a good Vader story. There's just something about the tall, dark and brooding type. *sigh*

25. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Actually, I should shoot myself. I'm writing a story with Gina (MUCH FUN THERE! WOO HOO!) not to mention four other stories that are turning out to be monsters, in that they will be much longer than I anticipated. I'm insane!

Oh, know the feeling. Definitely know that feeling... Eyes old harddrive...I have, I think twenty original novels that I would like to someday finish and get published waiting for me, about ten different epics from various other fandoms, a few short stories including one I promised a good friend years ago that I still have to finish... and yeah, one Star Wars epic, one collab that is going to be who knows how long, but at least I have someone else writing it with me and several more ideas of fics to write, along with several challenges I've been planning on trying out as well. Plus didn't I promise you, LVR in the A/D challenge thread I'd do more suitless Vader?

*sigh* Too much to do, too little time. Still have a month and a half left of school to boot...and then Summer School at the University in Heidelberg, so that's also going to cut into writing time...

But I'll manage *grins*

And yes, I'm starting to cave into the mush bunnies... But I can't help it- once I started writing suitless Vader, it's so much fun! And now I have a hard time imagining him in the suit- have to actually try that sometime as well.

And not another bunny *groans*

A/P mush... something to brighten up any dreary day *grins*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.