main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ani/Ami Databank 2.0 - Index and Discussion for A/P Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    i have enough darkside powers to blast the walls off of my place, but i lack the light side patience to clean it.

i think i have atleast 4 wholes in the wall where i've let the darkside take over, and several knots on my head, because unlike Vader, i'm not a choker of women ;)

rather just take it out on myself... very un-Zanthos like... that's why he is my alter ego, and not my real ego though.

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    My room...yeah. Not much else I can say. The rest of the house is spotless though, my step-father is a bit of obsessively clean...

Once I get my own place, I keep on wondering what it will be like. Actually, I can be neat. But at home i have people *cough* step-father*cough* who will clean up after me, so I just don't bother...

And yeah, we need an A/P topic. Not that discussing cleaning houses and Sith Lords isn't fun *grins*

Actually...what about that? Who do you think was the cleaner one out of Anakin and Padme? And did they have to do chores, or did servants/droids do it for them? And um, yeah, just discuss Anakin, Padme and cleanliness *grins*

3. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    sorry, didn't mean to bring it off topic.

anyway, i think padme was definately cleaner.

i could see anakin leaving messes behind after he worked on his starfighter or r2 and 3po, and being a greasy mess.

i think being former royality, Padme is definately use to clenslines.. remember, anakin is use to being dirty... sand does get everywhere.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, we were talking about ROTJ and P-A had an idea...how much, if at all, Anakin's relationship with Padme caused him to turn (especially in light of RotS) and if he would have turned otherwise. Or possibly how much did meeting as childern affect their future relationship ...

Thoughts?

I think it was a combination of his relationship with Padme, but also how the Jedi treated attachment and their inability to understand Anakin's unique personality. He craves attachment, belonging, friendship..relationships in general. One thing I brought up in the AS/DV thread was that he killed Dooku (by going to the dark side) because of what Dooku had done to Obi-Wan. If you watch the movie and watch his face, it's after Dooke tosses Obi-Wan. So I think in answer to your question, it's not Padme it's relationships in general. If it hadn't been Padme, it would have been Obi-Wan, or even someone else. Part of it is that he met Padme so young, though, probably.

And I'll take one suited clone, and one unsuited. To go, please.

5. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I also agree. As someone who used to be adamantly against A/P (yes, I know, I have definitely learned the error of my ways!) I always believed that attachment in general was his problem and I believe the same now. Anakin just had too many attachments. Even if he and Padme never met, he would still have a problem with leaving his mother, as well as one with Obi-Wan. And who's to say that if he ever fell in love with someone else, he wouldn't have the same problems?

Though that would also be an interesting challenge...write a fic in which Anakin and Padme do not get together and see what happens. Would Palpatine have been able to turn him otherwise, without the threat of Padme's death?

6. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    i would tend to agree with you.

i just don't think the flanneled one put that much thought into it.

afterall he basically forsaked his friendship with Obi Wan at the drop of a hat anyway, just to "protect" padme.

i think it's a valid point, but it all comes down to padme in the end.

7. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh, but he did! That's the brilliance of it...Anakin has such a Faustinian character to him, willing to do it all for the woman- and the people- he loves. You really don't want to get me started on Faust- I could lecture for hours *grins* But Anakin does mirror him greatly.

George Lucas has managed to create the literary character of the century in Anakin. That certainly does require a lot of thought and if you read any of the articles or watch the web docs, you'll see it.

8. Vaders_Angel

Vaders_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    But...being that Padme is former royalty may actually be a reason she wouldn't be a good housekeeper because, could you imagine her down on her knees scrubbing floors in one of those gowns? I think not. Besides that's what Palace servants were for.....hmm [face_thinking] *calls 1-800-dial-a-slave*..

9. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    and I could imagine Anakin singing the britney spears song in front of her.

I'm a slave...... for you!!!!! i can't deny it! i'm not trying to hide it! i'm a slave..... .for you...

okay why in this world do i know that song?

10. nobodys_angel

nobodys_angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I agree with you rhondaroo (ooh, I rhymed :p ). Anakin was always striving for some sort of affection and a feeling of belonging, especially after he left Tattooine and his mother. He was just a little kid and the only people who had shown interest in his well-being (his mother, Qui-Gon and to a point in Ep I Padme) were no longer there to give that to him. He had Obi-Wan but he had to have sensed that he was reluctant to take Ani as an apprentice, only doing so because it was Qui-Gon's wish. The two ended up becoming good friends and he and Padme formed their relationship and I believe it was these two relationships that kept him grounded, but it was also what led him to the Dark Side.

He was manipulated by Palpatine, who knew exactly what to say to him. He could see that Anakin craved affection and used that knowledge to make him think that he cared more for him than the Jedi and Obi-Wan. I think he truly thought he was doing what was right and was the only thing that could save Padme and the baby. Once he got a taste of the power though, it was addictive and he craved more and more. I think the loss of both of these relationships, Obi-Wan abandoning him from his point of view, and Padme's refusal to join him, were huge factors in his unwillingness to fight the darkness any longer. Even as he stood on Mustafar, you could tell that he still had some doubts about his actions, but after Padme telling him that he was breaking her heart and that she couldn't follow him, all reservations were gone.

The final bolt in the armor ( ;) ) was when Palpatine, in yet another manipulative move, made him believe that he had directly caused Padme's death. What did he have to fight for at that point? He believed that everything that he cared about was gone and he had killed it.

I think Anakin was very passionate and it was the personal relationships that made him who he was. He couldn't have not cared about others but ultimately it was that which was his downfall. He was doomed from the get-go.

*phew* That was long winded...did I even say anything? [face_worried]

11. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    okay why in this world do i know that song?

I don't know...why do you?

And VA (mind if I call you that- I'm too lazy to type out your name at the moment...), I agree. I don't think Padme would be that great at cleaning. However I think she'd have the desire. Anakin probably knows a lot about cleaning, but hates doing it and she propbably knows nothing but tries anyway.

After all, think of all those 'freshers he had to scrub in the Temple for goofing off *grins*

And yes, Angel, you not only said something, but you said it well.

12. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Good. I was scared that I rambled on there and didn't say a darn thing, LOL!

13. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    it was well said.

but the fact remains in my mind, Anakin wasn't completely helpless. he knew what he had done. he knew he was wrong when he said "What have I done"

he knew turning on Mace was wrong, but in the end it didn't matter, as long as Padme was safe.

do I blame him? not one bit, cuz i would have probably done the same thing. at that point

of course i believe he couldn't see past his own decision, that's why he didn't know how padme died. maybe he should have went to bed after turning to the darkside, then he would have realized he made the wrong decesion. lol.

and don't tease me about knowing that song please, i'm depressed enough as it is... lol.

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Anakin is one of those "all or nothing" types who will go hell bent for leather and only after his face is just a pile of goo on the cliff wall will he stop to think... "Huh, maybe that wasn't such a smart idea!"

That's my boy!

15. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    I agree with that. What I meant by "he thought he was doing the right thing" was that he was doing what was right in terms of saving Padme. I don't think he intended on killing Mace and that was why he was so upset and then pretty much gave up. Even as he did, he did still have reservations about his actions until Padme and Obi-Wan's arrival on Mustafar. I think it was a case of one horrible circumstance after another and a lot of passion and unfortunately as a very passionate person myself, I could see myself making the same decisions to save those I love.

Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

16. Vaders_Angel

Jun 10, 2005
    darkside, do you have a younger sibling you could blame your knowledge of the song on? That's what I always do when I accidentaly start humming Chritinas song "Dirty" ...which I actually liked lol.

Anyway yes, on topic. I think of course it was a consciouse decision on Anakins part, however like someone said, I cannot guaruntee I wouldn't have done the same thing in his place. (Except the whole...choking Padme thing...that was just wrong..) But his actions before that showed how much he truelly did love her, he basically sold his soul to keep her alive. I only wish he had known the results of his actions would be that he just further helped in her demise.

But I guess that was what the Force needed to have happen, since I think as long as she were alive, their was a chance of her convincing him that he was wrong. So Padme had to be taken out of the picture in order for him to follow his path and destroy the Dark Side as Vader in ROTJ.

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Well, I think Anakin's actions in killing Mace were a bit extreme and done for somewhat selfish reasons, ie. saving Padme, but from a certain point of view, I also think that Mace really did betray the Jedi code. He really was trying to destroy Palpatine without justice being served. Admittedly it was a very complicated situation with many difficult decisions to be made, but there is that side to be considered as well, so I can understand why Anakin acted as he did.

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I don't like Mace anymore! :p

He ticked me off when he told Anakin to basically sit there and wait while they went to arrest the big, bad Sith Lord. I think Anakin would have made a different decision if he had seen the whole scenario.

Anyway, off my soapbox. Let me just say that Mace really made me angry in this last movie! :mad:

Good news! I finally came up with a title for my ROTS AU. I'm thrilled becuase I've 22 pages written and it had no title. Poor thing felt like an orphan. [face_batting]

On another side note, it's great to see new faces and new writers here! Can never have enough A/P fics now can we??? :p

19. Vaders_Angel

Jun 10, 2005
    Mace's actions were understandable, but so were Anakins, in a way. Mace knew better than Anakin that what he was doing went against the Jedi code. And I think Mace's attitude towards Anakin throughout the whole movie was very wrong, and contributed a great deal to the outcome.
    Like I said I understand he was trying to kill Palpatine because alive he was too dangerous, so I can see his reasoning, but I can also understand the way Anakin reacted. He needed Palpy alive, so he kept him alive the only way Mace would allow it. Over his dead body.

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He needed Palpy alive, so he kept him alive the only way Mace would allow it. Over his dead body.

[face_laugh] Which was fine with me! :D

Okay, I liked Mace in the earlier movies. But in this one, he seemed he was completely blind to the fact that Anakin was going through a crisis of faith. And it is in those moments that anyone would be the most vulnerable. And Yoda's answer to his fears about his vision may have been Jedi-Correct (my own new word) but it was not what Anakin needed to hear. There is a line in the DUne books by Herbert that talks about God taking a man to where his destiny is, no matter how he might fight it. And it is heartbreaking to think that it was Anakin's fears that lead to her death, which was his greatest fear. I'm dizzy now.

21. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I agree that perhaps things would have happened differently if Mace hadn't reacted the way that he did. He seems to have managed to take the wrong note with Anakin throughout the whole movie. Makes you wonder how things might have been different if Yoda and been there instead of Mace.

22. Vaders_Angel

Jun 10, 2005
    I just joined about a week ago and for now at least A/P is all I write, perhaps a little later after I've been here awhile I'll be able to write other things, but for now I'm comfy in my current A/P addiction.

And I got the feeling through the whole movie that Mace was suffering from "midichlorian envy" [face_mischief]
    (I didn't come up with that phrase, I read it in someones fic and it seemed appropriate here)

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Or what if Padme had been there? She would have whacked Anakin upside his stubborn head and told him to go sit in a corner for a few hours (let's see one minute for reach year, but that would only be 23 minutes, I'm not sure that's long enough for our stubborn boy). Palpatine was just too slick getting Anakin away from Obi-Wan. Now he might have been able to talk some sense to the boy, or failing that he could have put him into a sleep trance for a year or two. That MIGHT have worked.

24. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    irony is a terrible thing sometimes....

no, i don't have any younger siblings, so i guess i'm stuck being a loser. heh

but how was windu going to arrest him? i don't see jedi carrying around handcuffs. and if he shut off his saber to arrest palpatine, he would have been shocked again out the window, just the same as it happened.

hate palpy, not mace. why? cuz... "That is a tasty burger!"

25. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    I feel the same way as you! I've been here a few weeks and started out just A/P but then made the move to my own OC. But there is still A/P in the fic...there kinda has to be, LOL! It's just such a comfy place and full of mush and angst! I'm happy :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.