main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Ania Solo & Cade Skywalker Ancestry

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Whaleyland, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    With the Legacy series wrapped up (as well as every other EU series) what is the consensus on the descents of Ania Solo and Cade Skywalker?

Cade's is a bit easier to follow. We know his father was Kol and that Luke was his ancestor. He even has a paternal uncle, Nat "Bantha" Rawk. But it was never confirmed, to the best of my knowledge, if Kol was the son of Ben, the son of Luke or if there were additional generations between Luke and Kol.

Ania is a much tougher character to crack. Her ancestry was only given as "a descendent of Han and Leia". But as has been pointed out on numerous occasions, Han and Leia's kids all had non-Solo children. Anakin died before having kids. Jacen only had Allana, the heiress to Hapes and an unlikely person to pass on the Solo name. Jaina, though, married Jagged Fel who became the first emperor of the Fel dynasty. By the time of Legacy, the dynasty was in it's four generation with Marasiah, daughter of Roan, son of the unnamed Fel II. But one of Roan's first cousins, Mohrgan, was alive, implying a secondary descent from Jagged Fel. This strongly implies that the Imperial family was still close to the Empire and Ania would have been known, even if an outcast. At most, she would be a first cousin-twice removed from Roan, or a second cousin-one removed from Marasiah, though the two would more likely be second cousins. This relationship is still too close for me to be comfortable to call it.

My hypothesis, assuming the authors actually thought the whole thing through, is that Ania represents a member of the Hapan royal family. The family was full of intrigue and men were given lower ranks than women. Allana, the Queen, likely had a son who wanted to be free of the Hapan court. She allowed it, but advised him to take her paternal name of Solo rather than her royal titles. Allana's son then disappeared into the void to do what he would. Ania is likely his granddaughter, placing more time between herself and the Hapan family. Her lack of Force abilities also suggests that multiple generations of non-Force users have been bred into her family.

Any thoughts on the subject? I know it's all old EU now, but I really hate some of the unresolved plot points that developed because of the break between the early Legacy period and the later Legacy period. It's really unfortunate that they didn't allow the post-ROTJ EU resolve in some satisfactory manner. Crucible was the opposite of satisfactory.

Revanfan1, Abadacus and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Seems plausible.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'd say Kol would be Ben's grandson, not his son, unless Ben, like Luke, didn't have a child until he was in his forties.

As for Ania, I like your theory, but I'd even say she could be Allana's granddaughter, given her age, rather than her great-granddaughter, though either one could work. But like I said, good theory.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Since humans live longer in the SW universe, it is possible they have children later in their lives too.

A comic or book series about the Hapan Queen's murder by Eshkar Niin would be very welcome.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Ania Solo is Allana's granddaughter and Kol is Ben's grandson thus making them 3rd cousins 1x removed, and Cade her 4th Cousin.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.