main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anikin's Ghost?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Krey0nz, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krey0nz

Krey0nz Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Just wondering how did Anikin learn to take a ghost like form right after dying? Obi Wan had to train himself as did Yoda. But Anikin seemed to be able to do it immedietly.

2. MJuice

MJuice Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Hmm... maybe Palpatine teaches him? No, that wouldn't work. Uh-oh, looks like this is a biggie.

George! Hey, George, where are you?

3. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Yoda and Obi-Wan both know the trick. They guide and allow Anakin to become a Force-ghost. So, in a way, they do it for him.

4. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    He was the chosen one and brought balance to the force.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Being as the Force created him it'd make sense that he'd be naturally able to do that.

6. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    It took Anakin longer to become a force ghost. Obi-Wan did it the moment he was striked down. Yoda did it a few seconds after he died. Anakin died and Luke looked at him for a pretty long time in comparison to when he looked at Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda become one with the force. It would be funny if Luke had dragged Vader into the shuttle and all of the sudden he looks down and sees a hollow shell of armor.

7. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    [snip]
    Cut scene from ROTS:

222(165) INT.POLIS MASSA-OBSERVATION DOME-NIGHT

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is...

QUI-GON (V.O.): Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON (V.O.): The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: ...to become one with the Force, and influence still have... A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON (V.O.): You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

(YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.)

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

Vader sacrifices himself for his son's life - that's the compassion.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Anakin being the Chosen One and being granted it after fulfilling the prophecy is good enough for me.

The question is, how did Qui-Gon do it? ;) but that's for the PT Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.