main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jul 11, 2013.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I just picked up Animal Crossing: New Leaf and I don't want to stop playing, ever. I only started playing it yesterday but I'm already hooked. Mostly I'm having fun fishing and digging for fossils. I caught a hammerhead shark, which I donated to the museum.

This is what I'm currently wearing. Able's had a gas mask and I couldn't resist!
    [​IMG]

Anyone else got it or planning to get it?

2. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    So I really liked the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube. I thought Wild World was ok...

What makes this one really stand out from the rest?

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've not played any of the other games so I can't really say. Mostly I'm collecting fish, insects, and fossils for my museum, which I am loving. I love museums in general but the one in New Leaf is great because everything in it was found or caught by me! You can also create your own designs for clothes and furniture, though with clothes the pattern appears on all parts of the top unless you do a 'pro' design which can be different. These can then be shared using QR codes. You can share your house with StreetPass and look at other shared houses. When you look at a shared house you can buy furniture you like in it, though it tends to be more expensive.

I've only had it two days now and there's some things that need more than that to unlock so there's probably more.

4. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    I love this game thus far. Crazy addicting. Getting the fortune cookies everyday to unlock awesome Nintendo swag is boss.
    Going to the island to fish/bug hunt is a nice way to kill time and I'm pretty OC'd so constantly saving up to make my house bigger to fit all my cool stuff is great too.

I always thought AC games were boring, but I hadn't played them, this game is awesome and being portable and visiting my friend's towns is nice.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I love the fortune cookies! I was kinda dissapointed that the shop was closed on Sunday as it meant no fortune cookie, but it was for the upgrade so now I can get two a day! I've only visited one other town, but it was pretty neat! They had every fruit except cherries, so now my town has every fruit except cherries!

I thought the same thing about The Sims too, but when you don't have to do things and you only do things because you want to it's a lot of fun.

If anyone wants some of my designs, I'll be happy to post the QR codes! Talking of which, Insert Coin, a company that does video game inspired clothing, has a great gallery of New Leaf designs based on their real designs. You can check it out here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.569642003078333.1073741828.109691562406715&type=1

6. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Great link moosemousse!
    I'm going to add my 3DS friend code to my sig, if anyone wants to visit my town or vica versa, let me know!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Hey, any of you guys tried out the Dream Suit yet?

Because if not, there's a town you really should visit at least once. Its Dream Code is 2600-0218-7298.

You're welcome.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a quick question. I have lots of furniture and it's taking up lots of space so I'm thinking of selling some of it. I know I can't buy some things from the catalogue, but if I sell the rest I can just buy it back, right? Or does it not work like that?

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    A select few items are rare, one-time only (like the cafe series, HHA items, or the DLC) but the vast majority of the items can either be ordered or re-obtained on special occasions.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, I know the balloon series as another example can't be bought from the catalogue. If it says I can't buy it from the catalogue then I'd keep it.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Has anyone got the complete Spooky series? I'm trying to get them all.