main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by neeldawg66, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I got it today, but also had to spend 20 bucks on a 251 MB memory card. Even though it comes with its own smaller one. I already had two of the smaller ones. Ah well.

I haven't actually played it yet, but I hear there is really no presure to get your morgage paid right away. Total freedom to pace yourself, I guess, unlike a buisness sim.

2. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, you can pay your mortgage back at whatever pace you like, but I'm looking to upgrade my house. Because after you pay it off, your home gets bigger. The one you start off with is tiny.

3. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I made my wife start a game so I had another town to visit. I hoped on the train, and took all her oranges as I have an apple town. Unfortanely one of my neighbors left to live in her town. **** it.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Pretty much every time you visit another city, someone from your town moves there. But people will move in on their own, even people from neither town, so it works out. I think I'm up to 15 people. What I'm curious is if what you do to your town affects who moves in. For some reason, I have a lot of rabbits and pigs in my town, and my wife has a lot of bears and horses. Maybe it's coincidence.

And now I'd like to relate a little story about my wife. She's pretty much the reason we got the game. She loved the Harvest Moon games, so we figured she would like this. Often she makes fun of my GTA3 and Soul Reaver violent tendencies and my "cackling" when I do evil. Well, yesterday she had over 9000 bells and she goes to chat with Tangy, the cat that looks like an orange. Tangy said she had a rare item, and wondered if my wife ("Bob" is her character) wanted to pay for it with every bell she had. Never passing an oppurtunity, my wife paid the money only to be told, "To make it interesting, I have one common item in one hand, and one rare in the other... pick one." My wife picked "left" and Tangy laughed saying that she had picked the common item. Tangy forked over a green table, an ugly item and took all of my wife's money. Every bell. Much swearing insued. She's still grumbling about it as she goes to Tom Nook's store to sell off items from her house to try and get some money back. In her inventory is a boot she got fishing. As you may know, you can't sell it for money, but Tom will take it off your hands. As she's about to get rid of it, I suggest that she mail it to Tangy. She cackled and went off to the post office. She mailed off three fossils, then writes the letter to Tangy. It had two simple words in all caps: move whore. And she attached the boot. And somehow, I'm the evil one.

5. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    That's very very funny! :D

I've heard there are classic NES games inside Animal Crossing. How do I get to them? Do I have to wait for an NES to show up at Tom Nook's store?

6. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Basically you get them the way you get any other piece of furniture. I've never seen one in the store, or at Crazy Redd's, but I found Donkey Kong Jr Math in the ground (check your bulletin board daily, people hide some good stuff), and Mallary gave me Donkey Kong for my birthday (If you talk to enough people with the chat command, someone will eventually ask your birthday... usually a nice person...). Also I believe you can win them at end of the month raffles, but I lost the September raffle.

Also my wife got a letter from Nintendo on her first day because she used the memory card that came with the game. Inside the letter were Tennis and... Excitebike I think. But they might be random.

If anyone has the cable and GBA and has been to the island, what do you do with the treasure chests and money bags that fly by? I have tried to grab them, but it never works. Can you grab them?

7. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    Ah, I see. I just have the game rented right now but I'm planning on purchasing it later this week so I'll be able to use the memory card it comes with.

I haven't seen any floating treasure chests but a present did float down from above and land in a tree by me once. I took out my ax, gave the tree a good chop and the present fell to the ground, so I probably could have just shook the tree to get it out. The present turned out to be a couch. I don't have any room for it, but I just paid off my house so I should be getting a bigger one today.

8. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I have the pitfall nintendo game but i don't know how to play it :( Do I need to find a nintendo system from nook??? Pleaz help!!!

9. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    Drop it on the the floor in your house, walk up to it, hit the A button. A window should pop up asking if you would like to play.

10. Ketalis

Ketalis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    This game is funny. In the beginning I thought I could trick the guy to make him think I was a girl but it turned me into a girl. Lol... nutlet... lol.

11. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, if you say your name is cool, you're a guy, if you say "cute" you're a girl. Also the rest of the questions somehow determine how you'll look. For instance my character, Roy, has his eyes permanently looking to the left it seems whereas the psychopath Rob, who I created just to steal his fruit has rouge on his cheeks.

12. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I'm still confused. I can now play donkey kong but the pitfall game looks like a white circle with an exclamation point in the middle. Does anyone know how i can get it to play? Nothing happens when i press A and i can't get it to get connected in anyway to the donkey kong nintendo system.(sorry to be a bother)

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    That's not a NES game, that's a Pitfall. If you bury a pitfall and someone steps on it, they fall into a hole. No real damage is done, it's just something amusing to do. I give all my pitfalls to my wife, who buries them near Tangy, then pushes Tangy into the hole.

Pitfall, the game, was by Activision I believe, not Nintendo. It's not available for play in Animal Crossing.

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Just got the game. I bought it used and have a question about the memory card it came with. In slot A I have one of those big memory cards and slot B I placed the memory card that came with the game. Now when I went to save, it automaticly saved on the big memory card in slot A. I kind of wanted to save my game on the memory card that came with the game. So I switched the memory cards around. Then I went to save again and once again it automaticly selected the big memory card which was now sitting in slot B. Is that normal? Can I save games on the Animal Crossing memory card? Or is just there to store extra information like the NES roms? I just want to know that the Animal Crossing Memory card is working properly or else I'll have to return the game.

Just got done designing my own outfits. Made a nice one with a huge bloodstained happy face giving the finger with the caption "Evil" on it. It fits perfectly on my hat. I put it on display in the tailor shop, now hopefuly some animal will start wearing it. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

15. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    That's my gripe exactly, Ewok.

The game has to be stored on a bigger card, it requires a certain amount of blocks. So you can't save the game on the card that comes with the game!!! It's crazy, but at least you get another small free card with the game. There is something stored on it, either NES or extra stuff. Anyway, it's just a small annoyance.

16. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I just realized that it automaticly saves to the card in slot A and once you save you can't transfer the file to another card. I started a new game and managed to save my game on it. Now I don't want to restart the game, I've grown attached to my first town. Are the extras stored on that card accessible in the regular game? I know that TheWampas mentioned something about getting Tennis and Excitebike right off the bat because of the card. All I got was a letter from Nintendo with my regular memory card. Will I miss out on anything if I don't use the Animal Crossing card?

-----signature-----

17. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I use my 251 card while my wife uses the AC, and I haven't really noticed much differences. Alot of it seems random no matter what card you use.

18. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I love this game. I have a basement but no second story. I thought I would like it because I love Harvest Moon and the two games are kinda alike.

Because Twi'leks are the coolest species ever I named my town Ryloth.

19. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    What exactly is that game supposed to be about?

20. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    It's basicly a sim. The key focus is how you interact with your town and it's inhabitants.

Got two questions.

1) How do I get people out of Igloo's. I have three jobs that all lead to the same animal. When I went by her place she was gone, eventualy I found her in a Igloo. But when I went to talk to her she wouldn't let me pick up or drop off any items. She just keeps talking about how cool her place is or she will play a game and try to buy some stuff off of me. So now I'm stuck, I can't deliver anything for the other animals. And they get pissed when I ask for another job, Ack! :mad:

2) How do I build snowmen? Do I have to find three little snowballs and then roll them all together? Is there anyway to create a snowball or do I have to rely on randomly finding them?

-----signature-----

21. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    If you go to the wishing well and apoligize to it you can drop any jobs you are currently doing.

I've never had a need to do that though, and I've never heard of Igloos in the game, but then the last time I played it daily was back in November. Interesting.

22. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Does anyone have the total 'modern collection?' When I get a second story that is what I want to decorate it in.

23. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I wanted to complete those jobs so I waited. She eventualy went to sleep at her house. This morning I found her walking about and managed to complete the jobs. Hehe, Ozzy just moved into my town. To bad he looks like a kawalla and has no tatoos.
    [image=http://www.ontourwithshure.com/archive/summer2000/photos/ozzy.jpg]
    "Sharoonnnnn!" :p

So how exactly do you trade items with other players. Can't remember where I saw this but it says that you can trade items with people across the country. Since it's not supported online, how is it done? Just through passwords or something?

-----signature-----

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    I have Ozzy as well. He was the third or so person to move in after the initial town animals. He's one of my favorite, his house is a schoolroom and I was able to get him to call me "Sammy Sosa" instead of "Kyle" or "ol'bear." Fun stuff.

25. dr_nick

dr_nick Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2003
    I have a question, how is it like linking up to Animal Island using the gcn-to-gba link cable? I have the game and am thinking of getting the cable and wondering what it is like on the island. All I know so far is you can sell fruit from your town at the island for loads of cash(uh..i mean bells).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.