main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by neeldawg66, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    You can trade by codes. The thing is that every code is different for every town. I think it has something to do with your town's name and your character name. I think you can get the codes from Tom Nook.

Anyone have the modern collection?

2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Animal Crossing is a cool game. I rented it, and I really want to get it.

3. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Man, this is this game ever lame. Boring as all hell! I feel like a fool for even trying it.

Of course I'm now totally addicted to it, though. ;)

4. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    How do I write letters correctly? I know that spelling, punctuation and grammar count, but I still get the "what on earth are you trying to say?" reply from people.

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I've had that happen to. I found a FAQ on IGN that gives you a basic template of what to say, like:
    "Hello So&So, I'm So&so, don't you like living here at So&so? Here's a present, it's a So&So."

6. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I always send long letters about how stupid and useless the animal is. As a present I sent garbage. As long as my grammer is correct the animal is happy and will send a reply, and usualy a present.

7. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I just rented this game on Monday and have played it a bunch ever since. :) I guess I've got the hang of it. I had the same problem with someone I need to get stuff from going in the igloo (she keeps ripping me off royally on games while she's in there too!) So far, I like this game a lot. It was a game I had wanted before I got my GC, but I thought I should rent it first in case it was too kiddie. I'm thinking I'll probably buy my own copy after I take the rented one back this weekend. The only thing I'm concerned with is if the novelty will sort of wear off after awhile. This may be an unequal comparison, but it is my only point of reference. I used to play around on neopets a lot, but after a few months I got bored with it and haven't been back in quite awhile. So, for those of you who've had this game for quite some time: Do you still play it somewhat frequently? Is it still pretty fun? Do you ever run out of stuff to do?

8. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    That's an excellent question. I actually experienced that. I rented it for a week, and had an absolute blast, so I decided to buy it. The novelty did in fact wear off for me soon after, but I still enjoy the game and play it daily.

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Yeah, the novelty does wear off fast. Now I just pop it in for five minutes before I leave the house, just to see whats in the store and check the turnip prices. Once in a while I might do a little fishing for ten minutes before I fall asleep.

Sunday I got pissed off at the game. I got a letter for groundhog day, saying that the ceremonies would take place at seven AM on sunday. after a night of drinking I got home at four in the morning, three hours of sleep later my girlfiend wakes me up because she wants to see the groundhog. So at seven I had to wakeup to see it with her. I figured it would only take a couple of minutes and then I can go back to sleep. The bloody groundhog didn't show up untill EIGHT O'Clock!!! I sat there for an hour, exhausted with a pounding headache. Just so I could watch that reset mole step in as the groundhog. I hate that mole, he always rags on me when I shut the game off without saving. And to top it off the mayor gave me a crappy present. :mad: At least the old ball and chain made it up to me afterwards. [face_mischief] :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

10. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    Ha!! I did the exact same thing. I set my alarm clock right before I fell asleep, which was like 2:30 am. So I got up a little before 7 and started playing, and NO GROUNDHOG!!! I waited about a 30 mins then decided to give up. I still got the present though (which sucked). That is the LAST time I will ever change my schedule just to play this game.

11. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Hmm, so you guys only play it for a few minutes here and there now...how long before you got sort of bored with it? a month? a few weeks? Just trying to gauge how long this will entertain me if I buy it.

I paid off my house today. I know I had quite some time to do it, but I need to remodel 'cause I can't fit all my stuff in there. After doing that I got a Nintendo Power Starman from Tom Nook. What on earth am I supposed to do with that? ?[face_plain] Just decoration?

Some more questions...when Nook asked me to remodel, all he asked was what color I wanted my roof painted. I picked a color, but when is he going to offer to make my house bigger? or do I go to someone else for that? Also, today Katrina is supposed to be in my town until 9p.m., but I can't find her. I went to Copper and asked "what's going on?" he told me she's supposed to be there, but didn't say where. All he said was some junk about his partner having some questions for her and that he wondered if Katrina was her real name...and that was it. I've looked around and I don't see anyone new or anything out of the ordinary. Where should I go?

Edit: Got the answer to my question about Katrina. :)

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Your house gets remodeled the next day. So tomorrow you will see the changes. As for how long it took before the games novelty wore off, with me it was a week. However every now and then something interesting seems to happen. For example last week I had a friend over and I was showing her the game. I was teaching her how to bury items on the beach, as she was digging the hole we both kind of noticed something strange on the shore. What we saw was what appeared to be a dead bird, washed up on the shore. Apparently he was a sailor that fell over board. when we woke him up he told us his story and then gave us a rare item for our help. I thought that was kind of cool.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

13. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Yeah, I'm all remodeled now...muuuch better. However, the damn remodeling costs more than the house did! 148,000 bells!! I have a decent amount of space now to put stuff in, though, so that's cool.
    I ran into Gulliver on my first or second day, actually, and he gave me a tribal mask. I read that he shows up once a week on a random day. Tomorrow night the guy that sells you music is supposed to be there, so if I'm around I think I'll get some.

I got my fishing pole today (yay!) I've only caught a few fish so far, not too good at it...I tend to get impatient. I was just now trying to build a snowman, but that got waaay to frustrating. Have any of you ever succesfully built one? I keep ending up with one ball that I have to push down the hill and it ends up breaking when it gets to the bottom (or I accidentally roll it in the water :p )

14. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    You'll get the hang of building snowmen soon. The real trick is getting the snowman to like your job. Make sure the bottom is as big as possible, with the top a teeny-weeny bit smaller.

15. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Cool, thanks for the advice WST. :)

I am full of questions...

Anyone found Wisp? (supposed to appear midnight-4am and ask you to catch spirits?)

16. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I found wisp, and I caught all the spirits. He gave me a wish. Preety cool :D

Im gettin to get the gba/gcn cable to day, cant wait to visit animal island!

17. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    I got the gba/gcn link cable yesterday, and boy was it usefull for only being $10.

I travelled to animal island and called it "Giligans Island". Its really easy travelling to animal island but the only drawback is that Capp'n, the guy that takes you to the island, takes you to the island extremely slow because he has to sing a song. 2-3 minutes tops of doing nothing but pressing A.

The good news was once I figured out my islanders favorite fruit, cheerys for me, I dropped them on the island and the islander started to eat them. All of a sudden she started dropping bags full of 1,000 , 10,000 , and 30,000 bells. I was able to pay off my basement and 2nd floor in an hour.
    I also downloaded DK to my GBA :D

18. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Wow, that's awesome! I've been thinking about picking up a GBA, which would be really handy since I'd like to get some foreign fruit. Well, actually I was given two peaches and an apple (I have a pear town) and I planted one of the peaches and am waiting for it to grow. So you've now got DK on your GBA...as in you don't have to hook it up to AC every time you want to play? (sorry if that sounds stupid...I'm not entirely familar with GBA)

I still haven't found Wisp. I realized, though, that I have to have a little build up of weeds in my town in order for him to show up. I've been noticing quite a few around now, so hopefully he will show up soon. :)

19. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    I ran into Wisp last night, but I didn't catch all 5 spirits. I caught 4 of them, but couldn't find the last one and I was too tired to continue looking (I must've covered all the ground half a dozen times and didn't see it) so I went to bed...sorry Wisp. :p

Wendell comes to cyberia tomorrow...and I get a basement. :)

20. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    In the new issue of Tips & Tricks(gaming mag) theres a section in it devoted to Animal Crossing. In it they have a speacial pattern that when you put in certain colors, then change them to black and white, the picture then turns into a real life photo of ozzy osburne.
    Anyone have that issue? I would totally dig a picture of ozzy in my wallpaper, floor, umbrella, and shirt.
    Anyone?

21. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I've never seen the Ozzy one, but this guy has some pretty damn cool patterns on his site. There's a lot of links there. One of them might have the texture you're looking for.

22. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    Thanx, but that link just boght me to boards.theforce.net. Maybe you can put the addres. :)

23. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Um...that's really weird. I've never had a link screw up like that. Anyhow, I just did some digging and found a program that will make textures out of any picture file here. If that doesn't work, the address is here: http://proth.bravepages.com/anicrodesapro/downloads/index.html

24. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    So, anyone around here still playing AC?

I'm happy to say it was a good investment in a game a couple months ago...'cause I still play it every single day (for a couple of hours everyday even). :)

Has anyone else put their catalog online and traded with anyone on AC Central? Mine's on there..just look up iwakura. I've done a bit of trading, but got ripped off a substantial amount of times. :( Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else is still playing.

25. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    I need help regarding feng shui. Please don't direct me to some faq, because I have already read them. I need to know the finer nuances of feng shui so I can get NES games.

1) What's the best/easiest way to get games using feng shui?

2)What items count as green, red, ect? Is it all items with those colors or only specific furniture that has the color as part of their name (i.e. 'green bed')?

3)Do I put colored items against their respective wall all at the same time, (i.e green in south, orange in east both at the same time) or do I do it one wall at a time?

4)What walls count for feng shui? For instance, do I need to put green stuff against the south wall on every floor of my house? Just the living room? Just upstairs?

5) what else am I missing?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.