main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Huh, breakdowns are going to be fun, this time. Will have them up at some point, depending on how fast round two goes.

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Round 1

1. Shurron - Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
    2. EmpireForever - Blossom (Powerpuff Girls)
    3. MIB - Simon (Gurren Lagann)
    4. RX_Sith - Amuro Ray, Nu Gundam (Gundam)
    5. chaotic208 - Enel (One Piece)
    6. Dom_Perignon - Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls)
    7. Inty - Captain Planet (Captain Planet)
    8. StarWarsFreak444 - Optimus Prime (Transformers, Generation 1)
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer - Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
    10. KiwiRogue - Jiraiya (Naruto)
    11. captain-fantastic - Kira Yamato (Gundam)
    12. Aragorn327 - Captain Pollution (Captain Planet)

Round 2

1. Aragorn327 - Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls)
    2. captain-fantastic - ON THE CLOCK!
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 3

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 4

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 5

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 6

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 7

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 8

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 9

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 10

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 11

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 12

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

Round 13

1. Shurron
    2. EmpireForever
    3. MIB
    4. RX_Sith
    5. chaotic208
    6. Dom_Perignon
    7. Inty
    8. StarWarsFreak444
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. KiwiRogue
    11. captain-fantastic
    12. Aragorn327

Round 14

1. Aragorn327
    2. captain-fantastic
    3. KiwiRogue
    4. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    5. StarWarsFreak444
    6. Inty
    7. Dom_Perignon
    8. chaotic208
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MIB
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Shurron

The Draft List(Green indicates a team list pick)

American Dragon: Jake Long
    Dark Dragons
    Hunts Clan
    Team Dragon

Fire Nation
    Gaang
    Phoenix King
    White Lotus

Ben 10
    Charming Hex
    Former Plumbers
    Ghostfreak's Minions
    Jr. Plumbers
    The Forever Knights

Dr. Animo
    Ghostfreak
    Vilgax

Berserk
    Guts
    Griffith
    Casca

Bleach
    Rukia Kuchiki
    Kisuke Urahara
    Renji Abarai
    Uryu Ishida
    Shihouin Yoruichi
    Soifon
    Gin Ichimaru
    Byakuya Kuchiki
    Sajin Komamura
    Shunsui Kyoraku
    Kaname Tosen
    Kenp

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I will say again. This does not make him the best pilot. He could do none of these things without the GL. Ok, so it's his spirit, but it's his spirit in conjunction with the GL(you cannot separate these feats from the GL). But this has nothing to do with piloting skill. Just because he wills his way to overpowering other people doesn't make him a good pilot. He doesn't earn anything of the sort. That's wut.

4. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Mecha's in the Gurren Lagaan Universe are different though. They aren't made in factories and are more personal...

and wut?

He does it with the Lagaan, the Gurren Lagaan, The Dai-Gurren, (the moon sized one whom's name escapes me as well) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

That's 5 different mecha...and its type doesn't really matter as long as he uses his SPIRAL POWER. And in Gurren Lagaan....everything positive derives from Spiral Energy in somewhy. Science, physics, love, toughness, painting ability, ect. Lordgenome said, and we're supposed to take it as a fact.

But alright he isn't a pilot, he's a Driller.

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    lol @ both you debating the difference between piloting skill (Real Robot Show) and will driven power (Super Robot Show).

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Exactly. They're a different type of mech. Which means his Spiral power would be useless in anything else. But that still matters very little(not at all, actually, as he's not piloting anything else). He's simply channeling his spiral power into the mech, making it do whatever he wants. That doesn't take skill. That's not being the best pilot. It is not the same thing as Kira coordinating his mech and all of his funnels against multiple, highly skilled opponents.

Also, correct me if I am mistaken, but do not all of those 'five different mechs' contain the same component: The Lagann? Making them essentially the same one, or at least controlled by the same part(namely: Lagann). Meaning that those five are simply upgrades of Lagann, and not different at all(in terms of what Simon is actually controlling).

This whole argument is moot, anyway, as you already have Simon, which would mean even if Simon was the better pilot, Kira would then be the best remaining pilot, and him falling to you would still be incredibly unlikely.

I am also not trying to say that Simon is a bad choice for pilot. Obviously if you're winning by power or by skill, you're still winning and it doesn't really matter. And whether or not harnessing spiral energy is a skill I'll just leave alone. He's good, Kira's good. You're not going to find either of them at the bottom of the second round.

Too many edits.

7. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Oh yeah, but a man could hope he could get both.

I mean Ichgio was chosen this round and his dropped harder...then well whats happening now...

Still, we have a bunch of people still on this list that would make excellant first round picks.

8. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    His stock...opps

9. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Okay, I'll go ahead and pick.

Kira Yamato/Strike Freedom
    Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Breakdowns!

Well, well, well. Certainly one of the more powerful Naruto characters. And one that doesn't need prep to be effective. But I can't say that I agree with any Naruto characters going first overall in this draft. They're good, yes, and some like Itachi are legit first rounders. But I just don't see any of them as really top pick material. His moral gray status and good leadership will, however, benefit you on your future picks.

Individual: A-
    Team: A

Can't really go wrong with the Powerpuff Girls. They're towards the top of the draft in speed, strength, and powers. Their skill is good too. If you had to choose one to build a team around, however, Blossom is the one to do it. She may be young, but she's got that energy and charisma that good leaders need. A safe, yet strong, first round choice.

Individual: A

And the first mech and pilot chosen for the draft really isn't a surprise. Simon and the Gurren Lagann have some of the better power and powers on the list. Its hard to get the Gurren Lagann into melee and it work out for the opposition. It can heal and the giga drill can even convert other forms of energy into spiral energy, effectively giving it a very good shield. However, he lacks a serious range threat and the speed to really push the higher end mechs like Strike Freedom into melee enough times to get them worn down. He can hang in there, but Simon, even as an adult, still goes straight for the melee combat. The higher end mechs aren't going to be hit by the glasses either, leaving him hard pressed to set up a giga drill break. And funnel users aren't going to just surround him and stare menacingly while he loads up an area effect attack. He's still a top of the line mech, I just wouldn't put him this high. However, as a team leader, you can't go wrong. I mean, who the hell do you think he is?

Team: A+

Amuro in the first? No. Amuro in the fourth overall position? Really no. He's good. The top newtype. But he's not close to being the top pilot in this draft. There are several others who would go above him in that regard. Then there is his mech and its power. And, for a UC mech, it's pretty powerful. It was able to partly hold off an asteroid from re-entry. However, it lacks the speed to really be top of the line in this draft and its funnels are too slow and too large to avoid being taken out by the better defensive characters. As a leader, Amuro even struggles there. Sure, by the time of Char's Counterattack he's grown into the role better, but he's not a natural leader. Like he's usually said, "he's the best pilot for Gundam", not the best leader for a team.

Individual: B
    Team: B

Yes, yes, you stood little chance against the god of thunder and all that stuff. You're looking at a good mech killer here, and a strong individual pick. Very good for the first round. I don't really have much to say other than good job.

1. See breakdown for Blossom
    2. Remove parts about leadership, add parts about hotblooded attacking machine
    3. ???????
    4. PROFIT!

I really wouldn't have taken Planet in the first round, he's just never really struck me as all that nice. But he is a solid pick with a good skill set and is really strong. He's also easy to build a team around.

Prime shouldn't be anywhere near the first round. There are clearly other mechs that are far far superior to him in every possible way. What's worse is that in the first round, they're all

11. chaotic208

chaotic208 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2007
    in order to have a cohesive team, i need people who are blindly faithful to Enel... looks like my team score will be divebombing soon

12. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Cheers Bassil.

I've finally got a pick decided (wasn't easy since the last two picks made were going to be mine...), but I'm just waiting on a response from Tyi just in case.

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

Good choice, for the first pick. With Aizen gone, I'd put Itachi in the top two (if not necessarily on top) as far as remaining guys with similar abilities go. Aizen-Lites, if you will. With a nice array of techniques, solid base of moral ambiguity, and a quality recent showing, he'll serve well in almost any kind of team.

Here we go again...solid pick, I think. Going to have to go hunting for weaknesses for them, again, but that aside I think they pretty much proved their value last draft.

Individual: A+

Couldn't find a way to properly replace 'green eggs and ham' with 'Gurren Lagann' and still make a fraction of sense, so I'll just say that it's not quite to my tastes. Still, he does seem to be a solid first round pick. Refer to the commissioner for further in-depth analysis.

As a mech pilot, good, but there are better still out there, even with Yamato gone. Won't cause too much trouble in a hero team, I suppose, but he doesn't stand out all that much as a pick. Average, outside his own universe.

Team: B+

Honestly, I think some people have very much overrated the guys from One Piece. They're bright and showy, yeah, but don't strike me as having a whole lot of substance behind their abilities, and a lot of them exhibit exceptionally bad habits for surviving for more than a minute in a draft arena. That said, I'm catching up on the Enel fight right now, and not being especially impressed. Well, we'll see how they perform soon enough.

Individual: B+
    Team: B-

See entry: Blossom.

You are Captain Planet! Solid, as far as strength goes, and you could build almost any sort of (good) hero team around him. Maybe not stellar individually, but he'll do well enough in a team's battle array.

Good luck? You're going to need it. No way Prime is anywhere near first round level. Or second, for that matter, with this list. Probably not third, either. Well, you get the idea. Luckily, there are still some great picks on the board, with potential for recovery.

Individual: C-
    Team: B

9. Tyi-Maet Nefer - Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

One of the best from Bleach. Hasn't really powered up again recently, but still a solid pick. Easy enough to build a team around.

10. KiwiRogue - Jiraiya (Naruto)

Nice pick, Jiraiya. Tough, versatile, and experienced. Good showing recently, not likely to fall against most competition. Functional, as a leader. Croak.

11. captain-fantastic - Kira Yamato (Gundam)

Surprised that he fell this far, really. Certainly the best and most skilled pilot around, little else needs to be said.

12. Aragorn327 - Captain Pollution (Captain Planet)

Now complete with toxic ooze dispenser! Didn't seem all that tough in the last draft, and I can't think of anything new since then. You versus Inty will be fun, though, if you keep the theme up.

Team: B-

14. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Imp...how could you NOT like Gurren Lagaan.

Oh well...didn't mess up chossing him first at least.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Is trading even open yet?

16. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007

Not really. You are one of the few people on here who could draft an evil team and not have infighting. Just choose Grey area characters. Less chance of them eating each other. Or any villain who isn't a COMPLETE sociopath.

Now would be the Time to draft a Stragsit, who would get everyone into line...there are to of them, and cohesion won't be a problem if you draft them.

17. chaotic208

chaotic208 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2007
    You really need to look at enel as a sum of his parts, he was fighting the only person on earth who could completely trump him, and yes he did lose his cool a few times, but with the electric ability he wasnt able to show off against luffy, as well as the extra-sensitive ears, gold-melting heat, agility and active precognition id say you're underestimating enel a ton.

and substance? being able to phase through attacks, melt, teleport... this guy has a plethora of abilities at is disposal from one single power, and has proven to know how to use them even in the worst of matchups.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll get breakdowns up . . . eventually (within a few days). I've got a paper, a project and an oral this week [face_head_desk]

19. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Can't wait to agrue everyone to death when Simon pops up....and what do you mean he lacks speed? Last time I checked the Gurren Lagaan could teleport.

20. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Jiraiya full-heartedly approves of my next pic, don't you Jiraiya?

[image=http://www.students.stedwards.edu/cblack3/Jiraiya.jpg]

Right. I pick Neliel Tu Oderschvank of Bleach:

[image=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4985/nellzg0.jpg]

"Rational people, when going to battle, need a reason to fight. You have none."

21. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    I really hope they animate Nelnel's fight before the bouts start. That'd be cool to have.

22. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    She's about to release her zanpaktou tonight, I think.

23. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Don't expect breakdowns from me till round 2 is over. That is all.

Oh... Wait.... Optimus is a mech? Nani?

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Kiwi. Are you serious here? For real?

Like...seriously?

For real?

25. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    ...Please expand on your thoughts.

Thread Status: