main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" vs. Murdertrain a Comin'

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

Let's get this started with ONE!

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black]Mayuri & Nemu Kurotsuchi (Bleach)(PREPARED)[/color] vs. [color=blue]Sasori (Naruto)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Mumm-Ra (Thundercats)(STRATEGIST PREP: Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory))[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Yoruichi (Bleach)[/color][/b]

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Quick matches, nice. I am leaning, initially here, with the first of both matches there. Bleachers Prep and Mumms Prep.

Just wanted to get those out now before I have to disappear for the rest of the week possibly.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, crap. That one could've been really fun to debate (assuming of course that it wouldn't just be me arguing and no one responding) if Sasori was prepped as well. It's still kinda interesting, since no poison is going to work on Sasori and it may take them some time to figure out that they have to destroy that core, but yeah, Mayuri and Nemu have this one locked down pretty damned tight with their prep.

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    All right. I'm not even going to dignify Mumm Ra with an argument against him. He and Mandark aren't going to work together, and he is never, in a million years, hitting my girl, never mind in a day. Will the fight take a day? Maybe, maybe not. She is not short on power.

Give me a break.

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I agree, even with prep Mumm-Ra is a bum. At least in this draft he has been judged that way, really has gotten no respect at all.

I would argue for him, if the match was closer...but yeah...don't have the time really and not sure that it would make a difference even if I did have the time.

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, waitaminute here. If the Evas don't have to use cords to keep their energy, why does Mumm-Ra still get the 24-hr limit? That doesn't seem too equitable to me.

7. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003

[image=http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/mika-with-gun-in-mouthWEB.jpg]

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    No don't! I had promos planned for the next time I face you in a draft!

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't even care about the 24 hour limit, but it would be nice if Mummsy was allowed to take any form he wished.

Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living, Mumm-Ra the Dream Master, Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful. His All-Powerful form would IMHO be more than enough to win this fight, and really there is no reason that without prep he shouldn't be allowed to take that form.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Let's just ignore the fact, still, that in a draft situation he shouldn't even have access to his Ever Living form, since it is power loaned to him by several different entities, requires a precise ritual, and is contingent on said entities permission. His All-Powerful form is even more restrictive, as they are reluctant to grant him the power even though they have a personal interest in what he is doing. He practically has to beg them to let him use their power to fight their greatest enemy.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I've been judging him as All-Powerful with prep... Every time. We even discussed him in this or the last draft as all-powerful. He gets it pretty much whenever he asks for it. I'm more concerned with if he can hit her, and if she can damage him.

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    He begs? Yet he is constantly granted said power? Time and time again? That level of power is something that he can very easily attain within 24 hours, it is right at his fingertips and is something that he doesn't even need to search for to get...it is fairly often something that is given to him simply by preforming a ritual.

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    HE IS TOO POWERFUL AND MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST IMMEDIATELY. AND I MEAN RIGHT NOW MID-DRAFT.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I never said he had to beg for Ever-Living. In the three instances he has used All-Powerful, he had to ask, and the third time, they were nearly fed up with his failure. So. Yeah. Practically begged for it at that point.

I'm not saying not to give him these things, I'm saying it's still ridiculous that he's even getting them, considering some other things that aren't allowed because of "sentience".

Also, she'd still kick his All-Powerful ass, and he'd still never hit her.

15. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    No! You are wrong.

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Mayuri & Nemu Kurotsuchi (Bleach)(PREPARED) vs. Sasori (Naruto)

Probably too fast for Sasori, and the prep only pushes it further in their direction. Might be a bit more interesting if the situation were reversed, though.

Mumm-Ra (Thundercats)(STRATEGIST PREP: Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory)) vs. Yoruichi (Bleach)

I'm not convinced Mumm is capable of hitting Yoruichi, and I think she has a better chance at being able to damage him than he does of hitting her.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Fine... Grudgingly agree

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" (1) vs. Murdertrain a Comin'

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (1)

FIVE is alive.

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black]Orochimaru (Naruto)[/color] vs. [color=blue]Princess Morbucks (Powerpuff Girls)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Gin Ichimaru (Bleach) TRUMPED w/ Black Ghost (Cyborg 009)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)[/color][/b]

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Princess, Trump

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Are you...joking? Seriously?

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I guess that means I have to do research... I didn't sign on for that.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I dunno. Luffy is pretty much unstoppable though. Wipe that smirk off Gin's face double quick.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Unstoppable?

[image=http://www.oval.ca/bill/images/bill3.jpg]
    Yeah, I'm just not sure about that.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, he is.

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Luffy vs. Gin is actually a pretty fun match. Well, not for the judges, but in theory it is. Very similar fighters here, both very fast, both with exceptional ranges, and rapid attackers. Black Ghost has the speed to keep up with these guys, but seems to lack the strength. Last I checked, Luffy was still vulnerable to blades, so a hit from Gin would probably hurt pretty badly. Now, if Gin were prepared and went with his bankai straight from the start, I think I'd have to give it to him. Even so, it's still a close one. The reason I'm going with Luffy here is a simple one: Gin has to retract his shikai to shoot it again, while Luffy can fire off an incredible amount of hits in a few seconds. If Luffy can dodge Gin's first strike, then he has a high probability of getting a good counterattack in there. Still room for Gin to take it, but I think Luffy can pull it off a bit more than half the time.

On the other match, agree, Princess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.