main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, as I told the Yak, I don't have access to the videos for anything right now(unless I can get this thing to work), but let's not forget a few things about my lady friend.

She has sick regeneration. Able to replace limbs in a matter of seconds. She can fly, at speeds at least reaching escape velocity. She is super humanly strong and fast, and has her energy based attacks. In addition, she has been seen creating doppelgängers, using telekinesis, creating forcefields, and has hair needles that she can fire from her head.

Anyway, there was some other stuff, but this argument is pretty weak without any video. I guess I'll work on that.

Okay, just got episode one going, and already she's shown two things that weren't listed on her wiki page: Invisibility and...I dunno, I guess it was an illusion, but anyway Tenchi thinks he sees his cat, and it runs toward him, and then disappears right before it gets to him. We then see Ryoko sitting on the roof twirling the cat's bell that it wears around its neck. So either it was an illusion or she shapeshifted...I dunno. Anyway, there's that. I'll see what else I come across.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Judgments tonight: any further arguing/counter-arguing would be welcome.

3. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Lina Inverse (Slayers)(PREPARED) vs. Rei Ayanami / Unit 00 (Evangelion)(STRATEGIST PREP: Mojo Jojo (Powerpuff Girls))

I keep going back and forth on this one, honestly. 00 is the bigger target, and Lina can take it our with her best attacks, probably, but 00 has the prep attached and knows not to let her get the chance and time she needs. Lina's the much smaller and more agile target, though, which makes hitting her difficult to pull off. Seems to be plenty of room in the environment for her to hide, which ought to give her the required casting time, so I think I'll vote Lina, very narrowly, though I can easily see it going the other way.

Pain (Naruto)(PREPARED) vs. Ryoko Hakubi (Tenchi)(PREPARED)

Going with Ryoko on this one. While Pain may have more overall power, Ryoko is the more versatile fighter, I think, and benefits more from being prepared than Pain. Bad matchup for Pain, as his defenses aren't going to help much against the kind of attacks that Ryoko is bringing. She can probably hit him, hard, but I'm less convinced of his being able to take her out before she can get a good shot in.

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am pretty inclined to agree. I would like to see what Yak has to say though.

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    So far leaning ever so slightly toward disagreeing on at least one, but I still haven't looked at any vids. I'm really holding this thing up...

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not saying this is really a strict rule to go by, but if you just look at the power level of the Tenchi universe and then that of the Naruto universe, I think it's pretty obvious which is greater.

Of course, the difference is Pain is the greatest threat his universe had really seen to date(draft start), and Ryoko, well, isn't, but she's still very respectable in terms of power.

7. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Lina's agile? As in... superhumanly agile in any significant way? Since when?

Is anything less than a Dragon Slave getting through Rei's AT field? Does any lesser spell in her arsenal have what it takes to actually damage Unit 00? I highly doubt it.

Does the Dragon Slave require her to chant for upwards of 30 seconds in order for her to cast it? Yes, It does.

On more than one occasion, has she needed other characters to cover her in order for her to pull those ridiculously powerful spells off in the middle of a battle? Yes, she has.

Has she ever actually been able to cast a Dragon Slave on an opponent that was actually attacking her while she chanted? No, she has not.

I'm sorry, I thought these things were already pretty well established. Watch the videos this page is kind enough to provide. Rei is just going to stand there like a dunce for 30 seconds or so while Lina chants? Really? Lina has in any way proven that she can cast that spell (or a more powerful one) in the heat of combat when someone isn't acting as a distraction for her? Really? Lina's shown superhuman speed enough to dodge even a barrage from an Eva Unit's normal arsenal, let alone what Rei may have from potential modifications from Mojo? Really?

EDIT: Even if, as you suggest, she manages to get to a hiding spot of some sort before getting stepped on (an unlikely scenario), as she begins to chant, the power she gathers for those spells tend to make a nice, big racket, both audibly and visually, giving away her position almost immediately.

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly Durron.

Anyway, in regards to my match. I think it seems very close, and that prep on Ryoko is really sweet. I wish I knew more about Naruto in order to argue for Pain, seems like it may help my cause, but don't expect anything from me on this.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    But her can start chanting bafour the match start. how you splain that, Sharley mans?

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    nuh uhs! i brangs this up errlier too for clarifi! she no can!

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    that is very suspectious. im not recall that at al. why do you make exuse for you're character to won? be reasinble. can eva take a dragon spell or no? why you are scared of this sityouashun? why you are try danceing around the ishyou?

12. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    hey no i already tell you no! sithlord (meeing bart i meen) makde the rule for this on not me. i am not in thde charg heer! i am not lies or sucpituos!

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    ok but wat aboat this. wat aboat if the eva chord is broakun? what happened them? wil you anser this? oar ar you going two maek moar of the exuses?

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    no wht you are dooing heer is what isteh excus!! ether mojo make her eva codr even mor bhetter so cannot bebrokun or he makes a bettur powers bvatteri or rei justs steeps on lina wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy befor reis tim run out. eesy.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So, I just looked back at my prep FAQ thingy I posted on page 1. I think they're starting too close for Lina to get any time to do anything, and Rei is very efficient, and will be coming with a host of very quick, very powerful weaponry. Much as I so love Lina, I'm gonna have to go with Rei.

And yeah, Pain is just too beastly, and he has just as much variety as Ryoko, if not more, and he's also probably a better fighter and more inventive and creative with prep.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No he isn't.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    If we were using the Rebuild version of the Evas, man, this would be no contest. Those things are incredible with the stuff they've done so far....well, Unit 02 and Unit 01 are, anyway. All Rei's done so far is drill into an AT field and shield Shinji. But the new moves, whooo, man, can't wait to get them into matches. As to this match...we have to go off what Rei did in the series. And, yes, she was pretty much the least "feat" producing of the Evas. But she did have a pretty strong AT field, it would have to be to be able to hold up any part of Sahaquiel's body. So she has a strong barrier, and if there was a pilot out of the main three that was consistently of mind to at least hit their target, it was Rei. Sure the others were better pilots, but their emotional states often hampered them just a tad. Rei was Rei. That, and the fact that Lina, like many spellcasters, just needs a tank to help her in this fight, means that Rei can and will take it. Rei

Speed has always been Pain's main enemy. He can't get his high end stuff going against someone with high speed. She'll figure out his repulsion sooner, rather than later, and end this. I don't think the soul stealer body will help either, again...speed. Ryoko

PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" (2) vs. Murdertrain a Comin' (2)

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! (2) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (2)

FORE!

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black] Kamille Bidan / MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)[/color] vs. [color=blue] Xellos (Slayers)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Szayel Aporro Granz (Bleach)(PREPARED)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Ginji Amano (Getbackers)(PREPARED)[/color][/b]

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Interesting 2nd match there. Anything to saw for ur boy, EF?

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Saw Yak? Like the movies?

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah. Szayel has absolutely no way to prepare for him. At all.

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Feel like elaborating on that? Because I'm not really leaning in Ginji's direction.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Uh...nope. Not really. I mean, if no one can see how Szayel's prep is practically worthless in a draft situation, I guess they just don't see it.

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I don't really see how it doesn't. I mean I know he has to know how their powers work but it's lightning, it's not hard. And he has to see battle stuff but he has access to battles that combatants would know about, which seems to be a good enough sample. Is there something I'm missing?

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yes. He doesn't just watch their fights. He has his opponent's fight data recorded. Hits, speed, damage, power levels, energy signatures, all of that is collected by his little bug whatever minions, and then he had, what? Weeks to prepare. Weeks. He's not watching game film in Bleach, he's using sparring drones -- basically -- to fight his opponents before he does to see exactly what his opponents are capable of.

I'm sorry, Yak, I'm not understanding this statement:

"And he has to see battle stuff but he has access to battles that combatants would know about"

First, he does not simply need to see battle stuff. Second, how does that savvy with the prep rules:

Prep Time: each team can assign two characters prep time. What this means, basically, is that a prepared character is given a file on their opponent outlining known strengths and weaknesses, and then has 24 hours to get a plan, get weapons, etc to get "prepared" for the fight.

A folder outlining known strengths and weaknesses -- if you've seen Getbackers at all, almost nothing about Ginji is known to anyone else except for maybe Ban, but even he, Ginji's own partner, knows almost nothing about the guy prior to teaming with him -- says nothing about having access to battles that the combatants would know about. Which combatants are we talking about?

And I realize I'm not offering a lot in the way of Ginji feats, but I simply do not have the same access to them that I did when I picked him.

Sorry. He is certainly capable of going at it with someone from Bleach, especially at peak power. The way in which he uses his power is so much more than simply "he has electricity".

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am not seeing it that way at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.