main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft II: Osaka is watching you sleep. Congrats Shurron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Teams for... who?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  3. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh, ew then.

I take it that Dom is back in hiding?

4. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    I'm not hiding. :p Just trying to get into college.

Anyway, I have the same sentiments are EF. The Profeesor won't stand still long enough for Kakashi to warp him away with his Mangekyou, and his other techniques won't stand up to the beating the Prof can take with that suit of his, if he could even hit him anyway. Then the Prof will have his own plan and everything. A bad draw for Kakaashi.

And Rayquaza is too slow and predictable for Killy. It has the power, but not the intelligence to help take down someone like Killy.

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    You don't want to see BLAME!

Reading it... Might be interesting, iono. But you don't want to see it.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    All I know is that if I didn't have epilepsy before, I just might get it if I do watch it.

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Am I needed for judging on this match, or is everybody in agreement?

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    The Prof and Killy win, I do believe EF's comments were his real judgments so I don't think we need you to judge, but you can. Or at least stick around for when EF posts the next set, it may be another easy one as I know there are still some forfeits floating around out there.

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Thanks, I plan to stick around anyways, I was just asking in case the draft was waiting on my judgement to advance or something.

10. chaotic208

chaotic208 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2007
    lol, its been real.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Japanese Conference

The Explosion of Youth-1 Vs. Fatal Robot Cosplay
    (4-3)

American Conference

The Pure Power Vs. Never a Dull Moment-3
    (2-5)

Heero Yuy/Wing Gundam Zero trumped with Chang Wufei/Altron Gundam Vs. Arika Yumemiya (My-Otome)

Duo Maxwell/Deathscythe Hell Vs. Happosai (Ranma 1/2)

Good showing by the newb. Way to go deep.

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, good effort Bassil. For a first timer, you didn't do half bad.

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    YEAH HAPP.

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Going to argue for your fighter?

15. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Umm does it even matter? He speaks for himself.

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Alright...

JUDGEMENTS!

Heero Yuy/Wing Gundam Zero trumped with Chang Wufei/Altron Gundam Vs. Arika Yumemiya (My-Otome)

This was a tough match to decide. If it were just the Altron, then it'd probably lose. It's the presence of the Wing Gundam Zero that puts the match a little more in their favor. After watching a few more videos, Yumemiya is extremely powerful, high attack, high defense. However, she's also not invincible, and Gundams aren't going to get blown away easily. I'm voting for the Gundams in this one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it overturned.

Duo Maxwell/Deathscythe Hell Vs. Happosai (Ranma 1/2)

Happosai is good, but I question whether he's strong enough to destroy a Gundam. In my opinion, he's not. Probably a closer match than you'd think, though.

17. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, if it mattered I'd jump in on Happ's behalf, but it doesn't. Carry on.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, I think Altron would probably either fall early or be so insignificant compared to the Wing Zero that Arika would ignore it. I'm just no where near impressed with the Altron. But I don't know how they're going to hit her? In D&D terms, she's got a massive size bonus to her AC when compared to them. And conversely they have a massive size penalty to their AC when compared to her. And it isn't like she isn't fast. I'd say she's quite a bit faster than either of the Gundams. I may not be remembering correctly, but I don't think the Wing had any powerful "area of effect" attacks it could use against her. And even so, she's fast enough to get around those. Pretty much, her attacks would damage them, they'd hit them, but how is the trump even going to hit her?

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    She's very fast, I'm not disputing that, but I wouldn't put her that many levels above the Gundams, I'd say closer to the same area. As for "area of effect" attacks, the Wing Zero's rifles have a pretty wide area from what I've seen, enough to take out multiple enemy suits in one go.

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I see both of those getting over turned but neither matter so, as Yak said carry on.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Disagree on the first, agree on the second.

22. chaotic208

chaotic208 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2007
  23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I... nah, I'm not gonna say much of anything here. I could say something on the speed thing. Seen Arika's speed feats, seen the speed of these two Gundams in action (against eachother, no less (and no, the cohesion isn't at all bad between these two guys, despite the fact that they had a confrontation)), and it's more or less equal. And from what I've seen of them and her, yes, I very much believe they can damage her. A lot. And vice-versa, don't get me wrong there.

And the Altron being insignificant in comparison to the Wing Zero... no. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It's not as good, but it's not far off. Once again I'm very much suspecting that some of that Gundam Wing hate is seeping in there.

But yeah, you have me at a disadvantage again when it comes to my Gundams. I've only seen clips (most often in music videos) on my own two guys. And while that's probably enough for me to argue this semi-effectively, I can't really speak all that intelligently on them not having actually seen the series.

But I will say that, once again, I'm getting a very distinct feeling that Heero (and now Wufei) are being shortchanged. But like I said, I can't really say too much in return. I guess I just gotta take it. And that's cool. I kinda want teams. But whatever the case, I'm officially done with drafting Gundams or mechs of any kind in any future draft I happen to participate in. I really can't stand this junk. Matter of fact, once this draft is over with, I have some issues I need to vent on the overall involvment of these dumbass things in this draft.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    No, you misunderstand me. I only acknowledge two suits from Gundam Wing as being any kind of decent. That's Heavy Arms, because I'm all about heavy weapons fire, and Wing Zero. I will never accept the others as anything but jokes. You can throw feats at me all day long, I won't accept it. Personal preference.

EDIT: So, yeah, Wing hate is seeping in with regards to Wufei. But I acknowledge the Wing Zero. That thing is beastly. It would be the one I see doing damage to Arika. I don't think this match would be a blowout in anyway though.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not much of a fan of the mechs either. And I'm slightly agreeing because I want to see teams, so maybe that's slightly slanted, but I also don't think her winning is out of the picture. I didn't do too much research into it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.