main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft II: Osaka is watching you sleep. Congrats Shurron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Bah. Of course that's starting the battle before it starts. But no one ever questions forcefields on before the battle starts with prep, or anything defensive. Why would defenses on be any different than offenses? She hasn't done anything but chant. Is that physically possible? Yes. So why can't she do it?

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    First off I just want to say I love when people don't read what I post.

But is she going to actually use Giga Slave? I'd say she'd stick to Dragon Slave, which takes time for her to use. Even Giga Slave takes time with the chanting.

Why wouldn't she? She is prepped, knows he is prepped and knows how dangerous he is with his prep as well. Yes again, it takes time. THAT IS WHAT THE PREP IS FOR.

Uh, yeah, both of those are one shot. If she uses either, she's completely drained.

I mean one shot as in a single shot, like a gun. One bullet. It is a AoE spell, not a single projectile. She casts it several times, and only once do I see her being 'completely drained', and that was because she had already been fighting Shabs for a while. AND He shot an attack back and her so she had to block that with Giga Slave, AND then keep it up enough to hit him with it, have his shields drop then hit him with all what she had.

And why can't she have that ready to go? Because that's complete and utter bunk, that's why. People can bring stuff to the battlefield, they can't start attacks before the fight even starts. The Sniper shot argument is stupid enough, now they're pulling the trigger before the gun even sounds? Ok. Sure. Give her that. Lina wins.I don't really care either way, so if that's how we're arguing now, sure. She can hit him before the match even starts. Why not?

So people can't buff them selves before the match starts then either or can they just not do anything that resembles an attack? Can she make her self fly?
    Ok I will play your game then. She can't do ANYTHING before the match starts. So what's legal for her prep then?

She takes a powerful shot from Rezo in this battle and comes back from it. So I don't think that crap about Anderson popping up and taking her out is going to be that cut and dry. And as you can see she isn't slow either, she isn't just going to stand there and let herself be hit. Plus I am pretty sure she has shielding of some sort, I thought I saw it some where in some video. I'll look and see what I can find after dinner.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I said Lina wins, whatever. I don't care either way. Either one of them coming in for a one shot is not how I see the battle going, and I think starting the battle off, before the battle is off, with some sort of chant is silly, but whatever. She comes in with her one shot Giga, and kills him. Sure. Let's see it that way instead of an actual fight, in which she will be on her toes the entire time, until she finally loses, which is what I think, but sure, let's do the one shot thing.

Professor Utonium also wins.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    So she's going to use a world/universe/whatever-destroying spell to try and take out a guy who her prep tells her would go down to a Dragon Slave just as easily? Even if she does start out with Giga Slave, would he not be able to attack while she was chanting?

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    We aren't really arguing over anything right now, you guys know that right? I mean, it's all well and nice to give the correct character the win in any given match, but this round is already decided, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Ya kno?

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok well if you vote Lina then this current match can't exist yet. Unless TLI's 'Agree' is universal, and if you didn't see it specifically explained that way EF it can't possible happen. Ever.

Great explanation on the next match by the way. Really tells a lot. And no Zizz I don't see how it is over.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No, TLI, because she has already chanted before the match, obviously. THAT IS WHAT THE PREP IS FOR, after all. Because we know she's going to use Giga in the first shot. And we know he is going to take it.

I don't care, because it's over anyway. Give it to Lina and send it to teams, if that's what the Chim wants. I don't mind flopping so we can drag it on just a little bit longer.

Oh, Utonium had flipped a switch on his EMP machine the second before the match started, and the resulting wave hit the gundam before it could even move. Then he beat it up with his giant gundam, hopped out, and beat Athrun even more with his super suit.

8. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    It's... over.

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Pfft, EMP? Why that? The schematics for GIANT MICROWAVE SHOOTAN DEVICES are just laying around the SEED universe. I'm sure Utonium could just cook one of those up real quick. They tend to completely decimate SEED suits.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm... Not even sure what BaSSiL just said, but as for that example there, it'd only be the same thing if the EMP machine had a delayed response that made the EMP actually start when they were teleported to the battlefield. Since clearly if he fires it off with no one there and then is teleported, then the wave won't be teleported with him...
    And yeah, I was gonna say, Lina took what seemed to be a mortal wound and was not only okay very soon, but also very high in the air. She either flew there or teleported, I don't know which.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I was quite obviously being facetious, Yak. There are plenty of ways for him to handle a gundam.

But my vote for Lina is official. I don't really care who wins that, as I said. There was an outcry, so I flopped it. Obviously the other side had nothing to say, as usual. She has many spells to use. In my opinion, I didn't think any of them were fast enough. Oh well, let's get a third guy in here then. That's fine with me. It's the same thing with Happosai. He may very well lose that one, in fact he probably does, but without the Trumps GM to post his stuff, from what I see I like Happosai. I happened to like Anderson here, but since there's this great outrage, I'll see what Dom thinks.

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Very simply, GENESIS, Neo-GENESIS both used a concentration of gamma radiation. And Orb's Cyclops system was a big mass of underground dish emitters that activated and basically microwaved an entire battlefield. Quite spectacularly bloody too.

So, yeah, Superweapon schematics tend to be easy to come by in SEED and SEED Destiny. So why just stop at shutting down I-J with an EMP? Why not concentrate the electromagnetic radiation and just blow it up?

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    i would've been egreged had happ lost

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Heh, sure. In your highly-knowledgable opinion, right? You really are a piece of work, Yak.

15. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Thing is, Bassil, that those weapons schemaitcs AREN'T easy to come by. Utonium would need access to extrememly classified data from the ZAFT or the Earth Alliance (since the Cyclops was deployed at the Alliance's JOSH-A base and not Orb) to get his hands on that. And when I mean extremely classified, I mean the HIGHEST level of classified. Hell, no one outside of the highest echelons of ZAFT even KNEW of the existance of GENESIS until Crazy Patrick shot it at the Alliance.

And I don't see EMP working either. Remember, the ZAFT used a massive EMP device at Panama (during SEED) and none of their mobile suits were affected in the least (the ZAFT ones, though the Alliance suits were shut down). And if the ZAFT can build EMP-resistant stuff into their suits, I HIGHLY doubt the I-J (and the S-F, for that matter, since BOTH of them were basically designed from the original Justice and Freedom, which were ZAFT-made&designed suits) would be vulnerable to EMP devices after that. It's just not something the original ZAFT technicians (or Lacus and friends) would leave their most powerful suits vulnerable to. So Utonium would need to cook up something else. And if he just goes in with his robot, he's getting pounded. I-J just has too many weapons (and Athrun is way too good of a pilot), especially if Utonium's robot gets in close.

Specterace

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Come now, Sharon, no need to get testy.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I can't even be the whole work? Dang. How bout several pieces?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spells_in_Slayers

Not saying Lina has access to all these spells, but there are so many ways she can win this. Blinding him, creating a great deal of fire around herself with blast bomb (I think that's it), wind shields such as Ray Wing (shields made of dense air, she's not bringing a car) to keep him from getting close or hurting her, arc brass to paralyze him over a wide area (he has to be somewhere right... And then all she has to do is freeze him or wipe him out. He's not that big honestly, it doesn't take a city-sized attack. She's got plenty of freezing spells or lower-damage spells that don't require much talk. spells that cover a wide area all around her in case he tries to teleport in close... Then she can finish him off. And yeah, her durability is very good too, as shown by her taking that spell from Copy Rezo (I think that was who it was) and being not only back soon, but atop some sort of high-up place. And then dodging the rest of his pretty quick attacks getting to him. Not as if she doesn't have experience fighting/travelling with people who move as fast as Anderson may.
    Of course it seems to me most of the people in Hellsing just sit there and take the attacks anyway. I dunno how much teleporting he'll be doing here.

I wanted to find her using energy shields but... Oh well, can't.

This vid is... Something... My comp won't play it right but it should work with someone who doesn't have a piece of magikarp for a comp. I dunno what's in it, except she seems to use Ragna Blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qkfdUp_jI&feature=related

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Specterace, I was being quite a bit sarcastic at the fact that Destiny literally became "Superweapon of the Week" for a while there.

19. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    I actually like Lina in this match, before all the debate about her chanting before the match begins. Her prep does much more for her than I see Anderson's prep doing for him. They both have some form of teleportation/flash speed type movement, but she does have other spells. Her coming in with something to distract him or throw him off, or bind him, etc isn't out of order. From there she can then fire off a stronger attack. I think he would have a lot harder time hitting her than she would hitting him.

Winner: Lina

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Thank you Dom for making that Lina won official by posting. Now on to this Athrun/IJ and the Prof match.

Aside from Spectrace, and I thank you sir, coming in and shooting down the EMP argument from the start I am still kinda confused as to why it would shut down the Justice anyway? I mean its armor is powered by electricity, right? The reason it works is because it has it running all over/through it at all times when it is active. I guess if that's how it works in the show then sure, but as we have seen it really isn't, unless we are using poor assumptions. Either way it wouldn't make sense, why would that do anything but power it further? More rhetorical than anything, but...yeah.

I do really want to see what the Prof's got for this match. We have seen that Dynamo suit before. In the first draft I found him facing Rau Le Creuset in Gundam Providence and well...that was all he did. Now I know the transitive property thing isn't usable here, but that isn't really the issue now. I just want the judges to see things for themselves. Here are what the judges had to say on it then....

From Durron:
    The Professer (Powerpuff Girls) (Prepared) Vs. Rau Le Creuset/ Gundam Providence (Prepared)

Would've loved to hear more on this one, frankly. Well, lesse here... I see no reason whatsoever to deny Professor Utonium the Dynamo in combat as long as he's prepped. I mean, if we have all these mechs in the draft, and we have this one chick who can split a planet in half, then, well, why the hell shouldn't he have it?

And so, yeah, Utonium can more than hang in this match. So, how do it stack it to a Gundam? Well, speed and maneuvarability definitely goes to the Gundam. Overall "oomph" of the weaponry seems to be a tie, IMO. More advanced-looking stuff on the Providence, but you gotta love the Dynamo's armament of a cubic ass-ton of heat-seeking ballistic missiles, which can be fired off about a hundred at a time.

But defense goes easily to the Dynamo. Yeah, the thing is damn near invincible. Never seen a dent put in the thing. Not even when all three PPGs were hitting it with pretty much everything they had. They were completely outclassed, and only "won" through a technicality. And that was when that idiot Mayor somehow got inside and didn't have a single clue as to what he was doing and creamed the PPGs more or less by accident. I would assume Utonium would be a better pilot of the thing, seeing as how he, you know, built it. I'm just not sure I see any weapons on Providence doing near enough lasting damage in this match, and I can't really think of any weaknesses that can be exposed by its pilot with 24 hours of prep. And even if there were, they would probably be adressed by the Prof. Dude is, like, smart and stuff. Really smart.

And eventually, Providence is going to take some hits, despite the speed advantage, and sooner or later, Rau's luck is going to run out.

Winner: Professor Utonium

From BaSSiL:
    The Professer (Powerpuff Girls) (Prepared) Vs. Rau Le Creuset/ Gundam Providence (Prepared)

I don't care that this is futile because I believe I've made the right call here. I watched that video...and I have to tell you...the Dyanamo, which I think is what the Prof would bring for this battle, is a beast. It certainly is fairly durable. But, and I'm going by what I've seen just as I was told to do. I don't see it hurting the Providence. Ballistics? Pfft. Nuclear powered phase shift. Those won't even leave a dent. This heat vision of his? Sure...I could see him upgrading it to be enough to do some damage, but I don't see it hitting Rau. As for the Dynamo...it only seemed completely invulnerable when in that ball of armor. The monster put a freaking pole between the "bow scissor" attack and dented it. And, from what I could tell, that bow was made of the same material as the rest of the Dynamo. I mean, why wouldn't it be? Now, upgrading the weapons system and refitting it, and formulating a plan to get past a man born to pilot, born as a Newtype as well, and who exists at above no

21. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Instead of bringing up arguments and judgments from the last draft, you could look back a ways in this draft in which Utonium beat the Strike Freedom.

22. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Which in my mind was a total joke.

Specterace

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that Durron, thanks though. That is such a... comical argument, that whole show is just.... its ridiculous. I didn't agree with the judgment then and I don't agree with it now but what can ya do?

EDIT: Reading that whole argument is great and all. I mean the Dynamo is out classed by every meaning of the word and then this profsuit can beat Kira and Strike? I don't see why. Ok the speed thing is no longer in favor of the Gundam but that's all? He gains some of the girls durability and a few powers they have through tech, but I don't see why that is enough to beat these SEED suits. Even if the PS Armor doesn't nullify all the affects of physical attacks that he and the girls can are capable of, I don't see it letting up very quickly. And I have gone over the ice breath/fire/laser vision stuff before, I don't see what is so unrealistic about what I said about that.

But then we have that whole virus thing, and that is just... come on? Really? He is a waking plot device, nothing more. That is such a reach. Why would he be using his comm radio in this match, he is by himself? I like that he understands technology that is completely foreign to him with little trouble at all and can 'hack it' like its nothing, I mean he has shown that ability before so it makes sense. I mean he is a plot device after all so why not? We are inching ever closer to the fateful 'He'll think of something' argument.

EDIT: Spelling

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So we gonna judge this match?

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.