main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft II: Osaka is watching you sleep. Congrats Shurron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, I should be putting up signups for my new draft w/in the week. Added Mortal Kombat chars and tried to fix the balance b/tween good and evil that always seems to lean toward good...

If anyone has any suggestions/comments/questions, I'd love to hear them. Prolly gonna be 16 on signups but put your name down if it fills up, if we get past that we may be able to make additions depending on how many extra sign up.

2. crash_slayer

crash_slayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2005
    1. Chim - Alucard (Hellsing) Great pick, I expected nothing less from the last Draft champ. then again i don't have to explain why i like this pick, you just need to check the last draft.

2. Kiwi - Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) Ichigo is awesome but i'm not quite sure he was second pick level awesome. yet you still got a substitute shinigami with a stubborn nature and a gooey hollow center.

3. Bassil - Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) He's good i'll give you that, but i'm not so sure he's stronger than Itachi just sure hes getting there. still a strong pick, if not a little shakey in teams due to split alliances.

4. Chaotic208 - Tsunade (Naruto) Umm i love Naruto, and i'm glad so many Naruto picks are happening so fast, but i think you rushed into this. i mean yea the sanin are awesome, but there are much stronger people out there.

5. The LighterSide - Itachi Uchiha (Naruto) Nice pick, good power and used to teamwork and solo work.

6. Zizz - Sosuke Aizen (Bleach) Nice pick, great pick in opinion. Last draft he got ****ed due to Bleach-hating judges *glares at Yak* but really his Bankai (sp?) makes him a formidable opponent to everyone and a great asset in teams.

Lol i'm just kinda posting an update so people realize i'm here and i am watching :)

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'll check up on it.

Bleh Mortal Kombat. Those guys suck.

Bad judge, Crash! Bad judge! You need to wait until at least ten people ask you for breakdowns. At least.

4. crash_slayer

Oct 13, 2005
    Well, i don't like watching people beg. [face_plain]

5. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Jumping the gun a bit, Crash? ;) I can't say I'm not eager to give my breakdowns, though.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    BLEACH???

7. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks for the comments crash. As I mentioned before, I didn't think he was a real 2nd pick overall, but a legitimite 1st round pick. I can veto the picks made after me as ones I didn't want to make so far:

Sasuke - Based on what I've seen in the first series and what I could assume based on Shippuden, he's just a little early. Besides, he's pretty much "evil" now and that struck him off my list automatically
    Tsunade - Early. I wanted her as a potential 2nd/3rd pick.
    Itachi - One of my top picks had I gone Villain. But I didn't want to go Villain.
    Aizen - My top Villain pick, especially since its easy to make a team around him. On second thoughts I probably should've picked him but... I really didn't want to go Villain.

8. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Despite all Sasuke has done, he still isn't 'evil' in the sense he's just straight up diabolical. He has a Punisher mind-set. Any means necessary to get it done type of thing goin' on.

9. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    My breakdown:

You all lose for not drafting the ultimate pick:

[image=http://www.roboter-klaus.de/images/mandark_200.jpg]
    Mandark

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I think Sasuke is pretty awesome. He rocks the gen, nin, and tai, plus he has the sharingan and he can summon. I mean, what's not to love?

11. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    I wasn't counting manga with what I knew of Sasuke, so...

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ok, so maybe the summons haven't been animated yet, but he still is top notch with everything else.

Aizen never played Itachi last round, did he? That would have been pretty crazy.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Can't wait till my pick. So many 1st-rounders on the board. In fact from my POV, Alucard is the only potential 1st-rounder that's been picked.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I think Itachi is solid first round.

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Sasuke isn't evil. What makes you think he is evil? Because he hit a girl? Because he ran away from Konoha? Jiraiya and Tsunade also effectively ran away from Konoha, are they evil? Just because he went with Orochimaru doesn't make him evil. Would you say that Kimimaro was evil? I wouldn't, he was just devoted. I also have an argument for how he could see through Aizen's release.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll take him in the 2nd I think. But I mean, he's a safe pick that doesn't require a whole lot of argument from the GM. My picks might... Take some time to start winning matches. But it shouldn't be like in comics, where I had to wade through a hoard of pre-conceived notions.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Pfft, Holocaust's armor has the consistency of melting butter. ANYONE could break it, even Plastic Man.

And Despero is just a bad pick, sure he's beaten the Justice League...but that was always without Batman having time to prepare for him. Give him time to prepare, Batman would obviously win.

And Temugin is just plain mediocre. Anyone, even Ant-Man could kill him.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Hey, I've now beaten Despero three times(Did I beat him last time, Yak? I can't remember[Oh, right, I think Aquaman pulled him. I guess that counts as a loss]).

Batman
    Jakeem
    Iceman

KNEEL BEFORE ME, DESPERO!

Oh, I forgot, trading is open after first round is over.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm... Yeah, Jakeem is legitimate. But... I thought it was Silver Surfer you beat him with? I know someone beat him with Surfer. Did you have Surfer on the Jakeem team?

I think you lost both times to him last time. Cable once and someone else... I'd remember if you beat him.

Batman, ugh... And then Enchantress... I remember that one QUITE vividly.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, he beat Cable in the playoffs, and Aquaman in the regular season. This is my first time with Surfer, so that wasn't me.

I did not beat him last draft, and that was the only draft he beat me*.

*Regular season.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Despero hates you.

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah... I need tonight.

23. crash_slayer

Oct 13, 2005
    Dude why is there comic draft stuff in here? Take it elsewhere boys!

24. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Was thinking on this for awhile, and something felt familiar... it reminded me when over in the Games draft EF picked Yuna after Vergil. I felt it was an odd move because Vergil feels more like a "villain". He replied that "he wasn't evil, just selfish". Vergil and Sasuke seem to be the same type of character, in that they would do nearly anything to gain power, and have little hesitation in sacrificing others to get it. And you and EF are right - they aren't "evil", but generally their qualities are such that they would work better with a Villain team than a Hero team. But whatever. If you can make a Hero team with him, then do it. (Though I do have a reason why I don't want you to do so. :p )

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Do I play safe or not safe?

Heck, I never know what I'm doing anyway. And I didn't have much time to look into things.

But... I'm going to play safe and hope my other man is still on the board next round.

Captain Planet (Captain Planet)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.