main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

animated Yoda from last year.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by cathiecat, Oct 30, 2016.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    My animated lightsaber twirling Yoda, $200 from last year has really upset me, the rubber on the back of his head has split. For that price I would be extremely upset, but I bought it on clearance, either way I am not pleased.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I had that similar issue with the animated talking Yoda that came out about 13 years ago. The rubber on his eyelids started to dry out and crack and now his eyes will not open.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yikes! I hope mine is OK, he looked fine when I put him up on display.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's the thing about rubber; no matter how expensive a piece is, rubber is prone to deterioration and there's not much you can really do about it (though it helps if you can keep it stored in moderate temps and keep the air not too dry). As someone who collects vintage toys, I deal with it quite a bit.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I guess I just expected for something to be about six months old it should not already be falling apart.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't blame you, I'd be pissed off if mine fell apart already.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    @cathiecatcat PadmeLeiaJaina Oh heck yeah, I didn't know it was only six months old. That's just... wow. The rubber tires on my 30+ year old Kenner M.A.S.K. toys shouldn't still be in tact and a six month old expensive piece be breaking down already.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yeah, but I will be thankful it is the back of the head. We don't play with him much, he is more of an aesthetic piece, so no one really sees the back of his head.