main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animating a Biped and other Biped question

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by RylorTaduri, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RylorTaduri

RylorTaduri Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2002
    Hey guys!

1)I got the Boba biped. The only thing is when I make him do a movement, I get this message:

"Keys may not be set while on figure mode"

How do I solve that?

And two more questions.

2) How do I assign shape, parts, etc to a biped for a model I've created (what the procedure)?

3) If I'm rendering the animation in a blue environnement, how do I make it for it NOT to reflect on boba's visor for instance, 'cause I want to bluescreen the whole thing and composite it.

Thanks a lot!!

2. Olen_Garn

Olen_Garn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Why don't you just render it with an alpha channel? That way you can just composit it with the film.

-Olen

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I was just figuring out the whole biped stuff so...

1)The figure mode, to make that go away, select one of the biped parts and click the wheel icon tab and click off the button that is in figure mode, that will allow you to animate.

2) to apply a movement to a model using a biped, first set up the biped just inside the model in figure mode then click off figure mode. Then apply the Physique modifyer to the object you want to animate. Then click the attatch to node button and click the part of the biped that is closest to your object like if your object is in sections, if it isn't then just link it to any part of the biped. then make sure that all of the vertices are being used by one of the bipeds or they won't move. Then you can animate. note: if the biped comes out of the character then the biped will be rendered.

If you have any problems then just reply on this thread. :)

4. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

you can hide the biped under the visibility rollout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.