main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animation quality of Season 3

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Qey Santim, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    I didn't see this topic anywhere in the forum, so I thought I'd bring it up...

Has anyone else noticed how the quality or at least the style of animation for this latest batch of episodes is remarkably different than the previous?...and in my opinion much less interesting.

Perhaps it's because they lengthened the episodes and had less time...but I miss the Samurai Jack-esque feel of the previous chapters.

Chapter 12 with Mace Windu is, by far, my favorite.

What say you?

O-Qey

2. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    I think the first volume was very artistic. GG, Kit, Mace and the ARC's didn't really talk and you understood what was going on. GT and co also had pretty much carte blanche on what they could do interms of story and enemies (aside from love stories). Plus they had Obi and Anakin in major 1on1 battles.

Lucas gave them specifics for eps XXI-XXV so obviously they can't really deviate because it links up with the movies starting. This time they have a focused plot and IMHO it is not that great. You can see some great things that they have done though. Lots of OT quotes, humour, and movie references. There were not really any good 1on1 battles, which I am assuming they have to save for ROTS. The animation quality does not look as good. It looks a little rushed and there is much more frame skipping. Not really a lot of bass again, but at least they are in widescreen. My biggest problem is a lack of timeline. Just give us a sense of how long everything is taking. They go through 3 different iterations of stormtrooper style very quickly without explanation.

3. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    I hear you. Good point on the lack of 1on1 battles...or even 1on10000000 battles.

It's disappointing though. A big reason why I became genuinely interested in the CW series was because GT's name was attached to it...and that it would have that SJ feel.

No long pauses, stare downs, and just moments to soak in the atmosphere, tension, etc. of the moment are found in this last batch (at least none come to mind right now).

Of course with previous seasons, I instantly remember Anakin V Ventress having at least two dramatic pauses...that were very effective.

Since I'm reading Lab. of Evil, I'm looking to that to reveal plot points. I was looking to CW to give me a few more "Holy Moly!" moments, but it didn't really. What I said most of time was, "What the heck happened to the direction, visual style and animation???"

O-Qey

4. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I agree that there seems to be something lacking with this season. I still like it, but with the first volume, there were many times when I forgot that what I was watching was animated... This volume continues to remind me that I'm watching a cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.