Animation Style

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Jedi-Colonel13, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do y'all think of the way they animated it. Would people have liked more cartoony *simpler, Powerpuffgirls* or much mroe detailed *almost like Japanime*? I think it's good, it doesn't need to be intricately detailed and have every facet of the ground be drawn. Would people have liked a combination of traditional combo of animation and CGI *Disney's Titan A.E.* Idk, just making convo, idle time is killer.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I think the way they did it is fine. :D
  3. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love it! It distinguishes it from the movies more than say, CGI cartoon (Starship Troopers animation), and it's turned me into a big Samurai Jack fan.

The only style of animation I would like that of things like X-Men: Evolution and Justice League, but I'm happy with Tartakovsky :D
  4. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love the style of the animation! :D
    I believe they did a very good job, and it's neat how simple and clean cut it is. It would be cool too if it was like Titan A.E., that would be hot, but the style they have, is great as well. :D
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    The Titan AE style was really neat, and I wouldn't have minded that, but there is one really cool style that I saw, with lots of shadows and angles, making it look really realistic, but this way is fine...
  6. ObiwanJohn Jedi Master

star 4
    I was actually quite concerned about the animation style when I first heard about the Clone Wars cartoon. I like Samuri Jack just fine -- the animation goes with the style of the cartoon. I didn't know if it would be good for SW. I was wrong! I love it! Genndy's touch on the GFFA is really fun to watch.
  7. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the animation style used in "Clone Wars". :) I really can't imagine it any other way now.
  8. Darth_Tynaus Jedi Master

star 4
    I think they did a pretty good job of it.
  9. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the animation was quite creative, full of color and very interesting, they did a great job with it :D
    After all it is a cartoon, and the style for it is quite interseting :D
  10. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    Zero complaints.

I wish Dark Horse Comics would do a regular series in this style.

-Otis
  11. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    The animation style was one thing that really turned off my interest in watching CLONE WARS. I would have prefered something more in the vein of JUSTICE LEAGUE or the original BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES. Not the exact same, of course, but something similar.
  12. ObiwanJohn Jedi Master

star 4
    It's funny even the Clone Wars cartoon action figures are molded in the that style. Mace has a really long chin and Obi Wan's mullet is nice and neat [face_laugh]
  13. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I don't like them, they look pretty crappy, although the clones are okay, it's hard to get them looking weird.
  14. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it's annoying as hell.
    the animation on the starwarsspoofs.com site is a lot more engaging.
    THe long necks irritate me. It's like all the characters are lapsed members of the tribe in affrica that stretches their necks with those rings.
    I find the whole style really irritating and would rather have them do something better, even farming it out to the Simpsons animators would be less annoying.

And what's with this stupid 5-minute episodes? Gee, 1 min credits, 1 min flashback, 2 min cartoon, 1 min advertisments.

I'd rather wait a year and have a complete set of 1/2 hour episodes that actually accomplish something.

Even that cheezy hanna-barbara style Ssuperfriends or Godzilla would be better.

Or turn the project over to Mainframe.ca! Now THAT would be cool!
  15. Traders_Luck Jedi Knight

star 3
    i love the style of these toons that genndy is a part of, dexter's lab, powerpuff girls, samurai jack, and now clone wars. great character designs, great animation, great backgrounds, great acion.

ps: i dont think titan ae was disney
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    ps: i dont think titan ae was disney

It wasn't. It was Fox Animation.
  17. Omega-Prime Jedi Knight

star 1
    i believe the only way to trully bring out the dynamics of STAR WARS in animation is to do it in the theme of FINAL FANTASY.
    i believe that is the next route and generation of sci-fi.
    it would not only continue the STAR WARS fan base, but it would grow by leaps and bounds.
  18. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm indifferent to it. At first I loathed it, however after watching the cartoons I must admit it works. I would however much like to see it in Anime style, or CGI, thats what I prefer as far as animation goes. The cartoons are great though, a little longer would be great, but other than that I like 'em.

Forcebewitya!
  19. ObiwanJohn Jedi Master

star 4
    It might be cool to see it animated in the style of the Justice League or Superman/Batman cartoons. Although I like the way it's done.
  20. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I love the animation of clone wars. I've been watching Samurai Jack ever since it came out. It's a very unique style.
  21. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    mainframe.ca should have been given this project. They've already shown they can handle lightsabers.

The current look is painful, even for episodes that are 2 minutes long (whose lame idea was that?)
  22. Latorski Force Ghost

star 4
    I like it. I was a Samurai Jack fan before and love what we've seen of Clone Wars.
  23. ObiwanJohn Jedi Master

star 4
    "i believe the only way to trully bring out the dynamics of STAR WARS in animation is to do it in the theme of FINAL FANTASY.
    i believe that is the next route and generation of sci-fi.
    it would not only continue the STAR WARS fan base, but it would grow by leaps and bounds. "

Umm, have you not seen the large number of complaints about CGI in the movies? Do you really think it would help the Star Wars franchise to have a CGI cartoon?
  24. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    THe complaint with CGI in the movies is that it doesn't work well with the live actors next to it. I think for the cartoon, it would be perfectly acceptable.

I prefer Mainframe.CA to Final fantasy, but so long as the story is remotely intelligent, I'd accept either one.
  25. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    It's very American.
    I like it a lot. Traditional animation still has a lot of character and this Star Wars project oozes character and style. Was quite happy before and am happy with how it turned out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.