main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animation Style

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi-Colonel13, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well Lucas hired the guy and I'm sure he's seen his work before, so if wanted Japanese Anime, he would have hired an artist from the Animatrix. But it seems Lucas wanted something that stood out and that appealed to kids, because that's what Star Wars does - it appeals to the kid in all of us.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Your wish is granted Otis. Darkhorse is in fact doing a comic in the style of CW. :D

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The style isn't as bad as I though it would be, but I would have perfered a "Justice League" style or something else realistic. An anime style would have ruined it, and I couldn't have watched that, so I'm glad that wasn't choosen.

I'm looking forward to the new sets.

4. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "THe complaint with CGI in the movies is that it doesn't work well with the live actors next to it. I think for the cartoon, it would be perfectly acceptable.

I prefer Mainframe.CA to Final fantasy, but so long as the story is remotely intelligent, I'd accept either one. "

I understand you're a fan of Final Fantasy but it was a box office disaster. Unfortunalty that's how success is rated in the visual mediums, TV or films. With TV if no one watches it, the network can't sell commercial time because the company's know no one is watching that program. No ratings means no money which means no show. Movies don't have to worry about commercials but you have'nt seen talk of a Final Fantasy sequel have you? The classic hand drawn animation, regardless of style, is still more accepted by the general public than CGI cartoons are. It's just the way it is, and the general public is who the sponsor's target, not a bunch of rabid starwars fanpeople like us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.