main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Anime Art!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jade_angel, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Ok... I know for a fact that there are a few people here who love anime and I also know that there are some around here who draw. pointed glare at Dave

Sooooo let's start posting our images and show them off!! Heck we can all give tips about drawing in this thread too.

:D

Here's the first drawing to be submitted. I made this on Open Canvas with a Wacom Tablet. It was done along with a friend of mine Cory, he's an awesome artist and we were networking so it was like in a paint chat... but only better. :p

The two characters in there are Lector and Naela, doubt you guys know them but if I ever get my comic off and post it here then you guys will get to know them a little better. :)

Naela and Lector

2. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
  3. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    I don't think your art is crummy at all!! You just need to work on defining your style and maybe getting a better scanner. ;)

4. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    I didn't even Use a scanner to take those pics!!!! LOL! I used a digital camera!!! lol, but My anime now looks a lot like capcom style now, as I am one of their official artists now

5. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    That is some wicked anime art, Christine and Dave! Please keep it coming, you two. ;)

[b]DAKAI_SERAKI[/b]: ?[i]?but My anime now looks a lot like capcom style now, as I am one of their official artists now.[/i]?

So is it official now, [b]Dave[/b]? Did you get the gig as a [i]member[/i] of [b]Capcom?s Art Team[/b], besides being one of their [i]beta-testers[/i]? [face_hopeful]

6. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm still curious how he got to be their beta tester?

I don't believe Capcom have offices here. Unless they are corresponding to their testers via mail, which seems kinda strange.

7. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    My friend's aspiring to become a game designer in Japan lol and I won't be surprised if he makes it someday. :D

And Dave!!! You should GET a scanner... that's the first important step to CGing!

Baka deishi!

;)

8. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    lol! My freind scans all my pics for me, so s'all good. I still need photoshop, though.....

9. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    I have My new art up! go Here!!!

The folder Isn't public yet, but take a look when it does! ^_^

10. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    It isn't always necessary to have Photoshop to create cool looking images. In fact there are other progams out there are that are superior, like I enjoy using PSP for cell shading since it's more efficient and I like using OC for soft shading. Photoshop in reality is really best used for editing photos.

11. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    crud..... The guy who got me the job was a scam-artist....

Oh, well... at least he didn't make me "invest" in the company.... -_-*

12. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Bummer, Dave.

I'm working as a free-lance Music teacher and it's so much fun! I get $10 for a half hour lesson and $20 for an hour.

13. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    ?crud..... The guy who got me the job was a scam-artist....?

I?m sorry to hear that, Dave. That is unfortunate. :( Perhaps it may be therapeutic to engage in a good rant here about it. ;)

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Time_To_Rant.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.