main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Anime Comic Gaming show

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RocketX, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Sunday March 10 9-4 at Clarion Briley @ I-40. Guests to include Marty Hudgins from SW:ANH and Eric Powell of Star Wars Tales.

These shows are good, but small. Typically they have a dealer room of about 10 to 15 tables. Comics, toys, some prop stuff.

My quetion to you guys is who is Marty Hudgins???? Any ideas?

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    No idea who Marty Hudgins is. He doesn't appear anywhere in the Internet Movie Database and a quick search at Google turned up nothing.

Maybe he's one of the people that claims he was a Stormtrooper in Star Wars.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, aparently he does claim to have played a Stormtrooper and also a Tusken Raider. Big deal. He's not gettin' any of my money. Oh, by the way, did I mention that I played a wookie senator in Episode 1?

4. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Just got a postcard about this show in the mail.

Admission is 3 bucks. If you want Marty Hudgins' autograph, it'll set you back $5; an 8 X 10 photo is $10. I think I'll invest my $15 elsewhere...

I'll have to say these are pretty good shows. I have gone to them for years and even picked up my vintage Yak Face figure there several years ago. I even set up at a couple of these last year to get rid of some old Toy Biz and McFarlane stuff.

This is the same show that used to be at the Briley Parkway Days Inn, it's just moved closer to the interstate.

I hope they have some cool SW toys and collectibles there, because, well, anime sucks.

5. RocketX

Jan 24, 2002
    I asked one of my autograph friends about Marty:
    "Unfortunately
    nearly all of the Stormtroopers in the original Star Wars trilogy were
    unnamed and uncredited extras or stunt people. Over the years, when fans ask
    convention guests about their memories of the filming a few names have come
    up that have become accepted as credible and reliable. Stunt Coordinator
    Peter Diamond was a trooper, stuntman Lighting Bear, actor Alan Harris, actor
    Chris Parsons, and actor Cy Town are all recognized troopers as well...It is
    also believed that numerous stage hands and ILM employees also became
    stormtroopers. I can tell you that there is no official list of who did what
    and it was over 25 years ago that the film was shot. I would love to hear
    Marty's story, I will assume that he is at very least in his late 40's, if
    not possibly much older. If he was indeed involved with the film in any way ,
    I for one would certainly be interested in obtaining his autograph, or at
    very least a means of contacting him.
    I hope this info does help in some way"

TM right, this is a good show. I have always found good Star Wars stuff there. I just don't know about Marty though, I'll have to talk to him.

6. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Don't forget--this show is THIS SUNDAY. I'll probably be there some time around noon or a little after. Who else is going and what time will you be there?

Later.
    -TM

7. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Hell yeah. I want to go in costume of course. How much are we talking about for admission?

8. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    It's only like 3 bucks, because it's a really small show. Not usually a lot of people in costume, but last time I went there were a couple of Ghostbusters and a Wonder Woman--except it was a guy. Really.

9. RocketX

Jan 24, 2002
    That was a woman!!! Auuggg, I have to go wash my eyes. I usually go early about 10ish, later in the day it can get crowded.

10. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Man, did this show ever SUCK! There was VERY little Star Wars merchandise. All I saw were a couple of bootleg videos & DVDs and some old red card POTF figures. On top of that, the "Stormtrooper" actor that was supposed to be there DIDN'T EVEN SHOW! Trust me, if you didn't go to this show you are better off. That's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.