main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Anime Party!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Poor Void!! :D I got to talking with one of the girls at Atomic one day, and she mentioned that they actually do nasty violent things to Pikachu dolls over in the Metro store. [face_laugh] So, while I can't completely identify with you, I can say I've met others who have been in your shoes. hee hee!

Anyway, yeah, I think a permission form is what's going to come into existence, here. Okay, so it's a bit juvenile and elementary, but the beauty of it is that it's *written* and *concrete* proof/evidence that the young-uns have permission. Such form absolves any of us of responsibility if ever the excuse "I didn't know" comes up. Thanks for supporting the idea skywalkersound. :)

kreleia ^.^

2. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Permission slips...

<shudders at the memory>

Though I do suppose that they serve quite nicely as "CYA"'s, so perhaps another duty of the secretary would be to write up said permission slips? :D

3. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    well, i hate to admit it because i'm a strong believer of "you should be treated as old as you act," but i agree the permission slips are a good idea. i'm just happy i'm 18 and don't have to worry about any of this. :)

ah, wait, i'm still screwed should a 21 and up party ever arise. dangit. :p

4. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    If the need arises, the slip could be posted to the web in a printable pdf format.

5. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah, we could make something and whoever needs them can download and print out a copy from the phoenix fan force website...
    good idea subjugator !!!

6. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    anyone with internet access can make a .pdf online.

7. Capn_Kickarse

Capn_Kickarse Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    I cant believe that with all the mentioning of anime, not ONE person has mentioned certain classics as "Bubblegum Crisis", "Gunsmith CATS", "The Slayers", "MS GUNDAM", "Record of Lodoss War I & II"....

Fine if you really want me to, i can contribute those and a couple of others, some in VHS, some in DVD.

That is, if you really want me to.......... :)

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    capn_kickarse i cant belive i forgot lodoss wars, and bubblegum crisis!!! both really good titles...
    if you want to join us you are welcome, i will get you my address, but i only have a DVD player so i won't be able to play any VHS...

well, the party is tomorrow(saturday), march 2nd, at 2:00pm... so if anyone has any last minute questions get 'em into me soon!
    see you all tomorrow, can't wait!!! :D

9. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey, I had a lot of fun! I'm so glad i finally got to watch "real" anime for once.(Sorry me and Eboni had to take off after the first movie. We both had to get a ton of stuff done today.)

Thanks for hosting Sideshow! :)

10. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey, killer party, sideshow. Thanks for hosting the event. It was great to see everyone again, and even see a few new faces. I don't care how many times I see "Princess Mononoke" or "Ninja Scroll", they're always cool, especially in Dolby 5.1...except when the tv goes epileptic. ;) And MST3King "X" was hilarious. We should definitely have more of these parties in the future.

-> IA

11. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    ah this party was awesome, we definitely need to do another one someday. maybe next time it won't be anime though, it'll be cheesy horror films or classic sci fi movies (i can think of a few hundred of each).

maybe next place we go we can have more than one couch cause i know i experienced absolute pain while i was sitting in that director-type chair, that's why i didn't let go of my couch seat once i'd snagged it lol. christian, you probably know what i'm talking about since you were stuck in one the second half of the time. :)

it was nice meeting everyone i hadn't already met, like subjugator and kcarnes and...uh the other guys who were there (sorry i'm so bad with names).

and OMG ninja scroll was awesome! i'd had it recommended to me a bunch of times but i didn't think i'd like it as much as i did.

thanks for having us over, josh, cause god knows without FF i'd never leave the house. :D

12. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I was thinking maybe a comedy fest. I'd love to host a party, but my place is puny. I have a futon, a computer chair (very recent aquisition) and some cheap dining table chairs. So we're not exactly talking lap of luxury.

13. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanks for the party, sideshow.
    I now have a renewed respect for anime.

14. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    we could host it at my (mom's) house. the place is huge, so it'd be a waste not to have at least one get together here. :p we'd probably be in my room cause that's where the sound system/dvd player is, but my room is the biggest room in the house so we'd have space. you think i'm kidding but i'm not, i adore my room. ;) anyway the closest things to us are mcdonalds, subway, albertsons and *yay* blockbuster, so if we want food at the last minute or want to rent something we didn't bring, we'll be in good shape.

anyway so let's decide on a date and i'll tell my mom to be ready for everyone.

15. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    sideshow, great party last night... I'm sorry I had to leave after the second movie, but it was great meeting everyone. I never get tired of watching classic anime and laughing about the "anime laws of physics." Anyway, thanks for being a great host and I look forward to the next one.

KC

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    WOW! thanks to idiots array, kreleia(and her family!), skywalkersound, subjugator, quigon_butnot4gotten, voiddancer, anwelei(and her friend!), lady_jedi_carenix, jupitertronic, kcarnes, azlineup...(and moe!) for coming! (sorry if i missed anyone on this list!) i had a great time having you all over at my place...
    sorry about the lack of space and the uncomfortable chairs! [face_blush] (and my epileptic TV!)
    skywalkersound offered up his place for the secound round of movie-get-together, and his place is bigger than mine, with a bigger tv too!
    whadda ya say skywalkersound???

17. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    WOOHOOHOO!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! ^.^ That was *SO* fun! I know I wasn't there long - both times - but I *loved* what I saw - even Samurai X and it's gratuitous blood-spattering violence. [face_laugh] I'm itching to watch Macross Plus now - I tried to get Rob to watch it with me last night ("Dude! It's the 'Top Gun of Anime'!! Please!?"), but he just couldn't get excited about it. **sigh** So, we watched Fletch instead. Funny show, but it was almost a let-down after all the cool anime.

Anyway, I'm all for doing another party!! WOOHOO!! And, hey, since both skywalkersound *and* jupitertronic have volunteered their pads, I'm off the hook! [face_devil] Kidding - I'd be more than happy to have one here!! EDIT: I'll even hook up our TV to my stereo system for it. Okay, so it wouldn't equal sideshow's brilliant surround sound set-up, but at least it wouldn't just be boring ol' TV sound.

Thanks sideshow for the GREAT party!! YAY!!! I'm looking forward to the next one!

kreleia ^.^

18. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Sideshow,

I don't see that as a problem in the future... Lets get an idea of how many people, and what type (genre) of movies will be played, and again the movies will have to be in DVD format. Let's here some ideas, or start a new thread, then I'll set something up with my family.

If as many people as Sat. night showed up, I see no problem with having it at my house (parents house)... (Starts day dreaming... 800 watt bose sound system... 55" TV... sorry...)

Let me know.

-Mike

PS: Josh, thanks for having the party this time, I had loads of fun meeting everyone!

19. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Thanks for hosting Sideshow. It was great. I have been meaning to see Ninja Scroll for years and never got around to it. Now I have seen it and enjoyed it. If I had known there was going to be MST3ing done I wouldn?t have left at 8 (j/k I really had to leave darn it.) I am up for any other kind of movie party or Anime again. I?ll see you all next Saturday.

20. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    skywalkersound we will talk about it at the meeting this saturday...get it all set up, then we will post another thread about it!
    i have a pretty good library of DVD's so i can definately contribute!

21. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Sideshow- that sounds great!

Just get an idea of what everyone wants to see, and how many people, and I'll OK it with the SS, Oh, I mean my family :)

Reminder: Once we know what kind of movies we will be watching, I have about 60 DVDs and my father has about the same, so we have a wide selection, and I am always wecome to people bringing their own.

22. Capn_Kickarse

Capn_Kickarse Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    Whats the haps on the next get-together, i havent seen any activity.

Dont mind my rantin' and ravin' too much, just trying to keep ahead of the ball here.

23. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, i have alot on my plate right now, what with being secretary and line organizer!!!
    we have the ren faire, line up meetings, officers meetings, the moive on the 15th...
    rest assured, i will organize another movie-get-together...
    let me get with skywalkersound, and i will put up another thread in a week or two!
    :p

24. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    UPDATE: Hello everyone... Some bad news... Our AC compressor went out today (for the house) and I have to help my father out. Also, we are going to start re-modling the house (I don't know how I forgot?!?!) so, I have to retract my invitation to everyone, but I will still offer my DVD collection up for the next party. Sorry everyone...

On a side note: I am selling some anime VHS tapes, if you want to take a look or if a friend you know would be interested, Ebay .

25. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    This needs to go up.

How about a kung fu movie night? Game of Death, Drunken Master, Fist of Legend, Iron Monkey, Crouching Tiger, Enter the Dragon... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.