main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Ann Arbor Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediStrength, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStrength

JediStrength Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2006
    I just signed up to post on these boards today. I will be moving to Ann Arbor soon and I was wondering if there is a club in the city. I realize that this is NOT Detroit, but this is the closest I could find. I searched all around the World Wide Web, and there is no trace of the jedi... I mean.. a club in AA.

Anyways, if someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    There used to be an Ann Arbor chapter of the Fan Force (A2-F2) but it has been inactive since April.

3. JediStrength

Aug 1, 2006
    Yeah, that was about all that I could find!

4. JediStrength

Aug 1, 2006
    If there isn't one, I am tempted to start one myself.

I like that idea, then everyone shall call me... mastaaaaah!

muahahaha [face_devil] [face_whistling] :)

5. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I don't know.

I couldn't really find anybody for AA who wanted to keep the A2-F2 group going, seems I was the only one that wanted to work on it.

R2-Detroit is holding it's meetings in Novi (which is a far strech from downtown Detroit), so it might not be that bad of a drive from AA.

6. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    For some reason there just wasn't a lot of interest in the Ann Arbor area to maintain a group. I'm from Saline and intially attended a few meetings of the Ann Arbor group when it was active but switched to the Detroit group after A2 went under.

From a geographical standpoint, there doesn't seem to be a large enough fan base to support a separate group for just the A2 area. Do what I do, hang with R2-Detroit - they are a wonderful group of people!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.