main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Annandale Fall Festival Parade Report

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Members of the Galactic Senate joined Garrison Tyranus (Virginia) of the 501st Regiment of Stormtroopers and marched in the Annandale Fall Festival Parade on 10/25/03 at 10 AM in Annandale, VA. We invited members of other local Star Wars groups to join us, and the event was a huge success.

We had great turnout for the event: 20 marchers from Garrison Tyranus, Garrison Carida and Maryland Squad of the 501st, DC Fan Force, and Star Wars Magic of Myth Volunteers participated. Marchers included Darth Vader Jim Tate, Darth Maul Adrienne Polley, stormtroopers Marc Patton, Matt Nargi, Rusty Wyatt, Phong Nguyen and Everett Pilson, snowtrooper Rain Montes, Jango Fett Steve Montes, Zam Wesell Yvonne Tate, Imperial Officer Rose Nargi with little leopard clonetrooper Olivia Nargi, Rebel pilot Meaghan Sherrill, Jedi Carey Cauthen and Mary Jo Fox, Emperor David Frye, Queen Amidala Alison Frye, photographer Lori Patton, and coordinator/droid tech support Lori Frye. R2-D2 was our mascot and official candy-carrier for the parade (in other words, I filled up my life-size R2 cooler with candy and strapped him to a rolling cart for the event).

We had small children in costumes following us around even before the parade started. We marched behind a group of Model T-Fords and in front of a local dog club. Hundreds of spectators lined the parade route, including tons of children. During the many stops in the parade, marchers got to shake hands with and give high-fives to spectators, throw candy to the kids, and meet a few of the local citizens.

Marchers came to my house for a lunch and party after the parade. I'll be organizing marchers for this event next year: it is the Saturday before Halloween. Put it on your calendars for 2004!

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Sounds like a good time, I wish I could have gone. Maybe next year! :D

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Next year? It's a date.

Better to be in FRONT of the dog club! ;)

4. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Parade Pics

Gotta see the pics dudes, I was zam, my hubby was vader and boy, it was fun. Gotta go next year, yall! So I can finally meet ya's in my costume.

Zam I Am

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.