main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Anne Hathaway is looking a bit bushy.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Word for word, this is what I meant in the first place, yet everyone jumped my throat and wrongfully made me come off as some sort of paparazzi defender rambling on about how celebrities have no rights to privacy. Maybe I chose poor phrasing at times, but there was no need for this to derail the way it did.

I'm forced to defend myself against those six manic posters who are incapable of discerning the meaning of my posts and jump to wild accusations instead. AaylaSecurOWNED, daring to imply that Bill O'Reilly rape reasoning comparison with me, that was incredibly low of you. I'm still shocked you thought that was in any way the right thing to do.

You know how to PM me.

Come on, are you this naive? Caution is necessary human instinct and so is taking a worst case scenario into consideration every once in a while. It's a fact of life that at a premiere a large number of paparazzi will take pictures of female celebrities getting out of cars, just as it is a fact that there are always going to be quite a few sleazebags among them trying anything to get an incriminating picture of a celebrity to sell for big bucks. I still side with the celebrities, I just pointed out how things are.

And at no point did I try to disprove this fact.

This. Paris Hilton and other It Girls.

Again, I wasn't making that point. Who the hell would? She clearly got out of the limo correctly with her legs closed as much as probably possible and a paparazzi still managed to weasel in. I said it could have been far worse than the talk about the existence of said picture suggested.

You never fail to crack me up, regardless if I'm the butt of the joke, JP.

Ah yes...in hindsight I'm glad it came to this. Funny to have some people freak out at you every once in a while. You don't know what you're missing when they don't.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You're not the Billy I was referring to (the quote should have tipped you off), but all cool...

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So... you have an aversion to pubic hair on a woman?

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Yes how naive of me to believe that we should blame the perverted photographers and their perverted audience rather than the victim. What the hell was I thinking...

Um...
    1) This comment wasn't directed at you (you seem to have difficulty grasping that today).
    2) You just agreed with the comment making that exact statement...

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    100 million perverts say most people in this thread are in the minority.
    [​IMG]

7. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    weasel. there's a good analogy. still doesn't beat my wookie.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh, so you think paris hilton voluntarily leaked those shots? that's what you meant by "she started it"? i don't think you're right about that, but your argument makes a bit more sense now. you are aware that paris hilton has been famous and wealthy for her entire life and that's why there were photographers trying to get shots of her vagina, right? seems like you're trying to claim that her fame came from those photographs.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That post wasn't directed at you. I was responding to Rogue.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Lemme sum up some of the last few posts:

Amirite?

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hmm, not sure we're reading the same thread because it looks more like:

amirite?

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sorry, if I wanted to date something hairy, I'd date a bonobo.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So you're basically reduced to dating naked mole rats then.

Healer_Leona and jp-30 like this.
  14. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm pretty sure those are mostly the 'minority' getting all worked up about Anne's exposed bush. You know, 'research'...

15. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The razor is a wonderful invention. I realize that pubic hair is natural; then again, so is smallpox. Three cheers for artifice.

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    With your attitude of comparing pubic hair to a disease, I'd be surprised if you ever got close to dating.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    But where's the character without some sort of pubic hairdo?
    Pubic hair are the eyebrows of genitals.

Off topic, but people look like aliens without eyebrows. Case in point: Anne Hathaway.

Errr...yes, that was exactly the point I was trying to make. It's like you're reading my soul. :rolleyes:

Um...
    1) This comment wasn't directed at you (you seem to have difficulty grasping that today).
    [/quote]

Sorry, I felt like the flood negative comment on the last two pages were all aimed towards me.

Maybe I should have said "it started with those paparazzi pictures of her". Yes, she's been wealthy since day one, no question about it, but famous? Maybe to people into gossip, but to 99% she became known for that infamous video of hers. I highly doubt she was okay with the video hitting the public, but she probably did realise the potential that came out it's popularity. She's a wise business woman with no discernible talents other than parading around and selling herself as "the slutty yet classy spoiled rich girl". But her shows were a success.

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    In other horrible news....an answer to Movember....Decembeaver. [face_plain]

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yes, definitely. i realize it wasn't your intent, but phrasing it the other way came across as quite misogynistic and offensive.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Well...glad we got that...settled?[face_dunno]
    I'll still wait out the storm, though. Funny how easily a reputation is damaged.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    And children.

Darth_Invidious and jp-30 like this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol i really didn't want to harp on the point, but every time you said that wasn't what you meant you seemed to make an argument that said it actually was what you meant.

23. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Employ was the wrong word. "Benefited from the labor of" is better. But it was a joke really. Probably should have had a tongue smiley.

But the thing is, I think in this case, the moral culpability has to lie with the people that took the photo, the people that paid for the rights to use it, and the people that posted it. Yes, the people that viewed the photos have some slight culpability, but really the buck has to stop with the people providing the content, because they can choose not to provide it.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Y-you're welcome?

*dances off stage left*

:p

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't even hear about this until you posted this thread. I wasn't aware of what you were talking about specifically, but I gathered from your post history that it had something to do with Anne Hathaway's pubic hair. Google images confirmed it quite quickly. I don't cruise google looking for celebrity noodz, I get my celebrity noodz news from the JCC. DantheJedi let me know that ScarlettJo's nudes were "just boobs, not the good stuff".

Did you have a well established reputation to damage?

Can I get a ruling on this from the JCC?