1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

ANNEX: A New (false) Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GordonSumners, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonSumners

GordonSumners Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2004
    I've to say that I'm taken aback by the vehement replies to my view that Ep III may well be a let-down.

The last I checked it's still a free society and if I'm not wrong the definition of a community (as in SW community) incorporates all points of view, whether one agrees or not.

The thing I find most shocking is the rabid rebuttals that I'm being single- or closed-minded for even saying something that may be deemed negative about Ep III. If Ep III turns out to be a non-starter, heck, the only people to blame are people like you.

Hey, if you're going to say only the superlative terms
    about PT (and you and I know deep-down that they could be so so much better), the powers that be are only going to give you half-baked stuff. Why bother when the uncomplaining fans are simply going to lap it up - think about it.

(And in reply to Handmaiden who wrote "I hate people like you" ... I've got news for you - you don't know me at all, so for you to say what you've said, I'm stunned ... and I just want to wish you all the fun in enjoying Ep III as watching 'Howard the Duck'.)

Kate edit: Gordon, let me be clear. There is already a thread on this topic and, therefore, no need for yet another one to discuss. Please go to the "I fear Episode III..." thread to discuss. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.