Anniversry Picnic: May 25th

Discussion in 'Albuquerque, NM' started by varza, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    We Will be having a picnic May 25, 2003 at Taylor Park to celebrate the 1 Year Anniversry of Mos Alba Fan Force!!

Time has yet to be determined though...

Who is invited Mos Alba Members and their families... and if you have someone you think would like to join. Invite them.

Food: BYOF & BYOB (no acholol though)

Fun Stuff:
    lightsaber fighting? (Lor will be uploading directions on how to make -boffers/swords-that will be safe to use for such a thing.) Make your own and bring it to the picnic.

BoardGames?! I will bring my Star Wars Trivia Pursuit and Monopoly...

What to Wear? Mos Alba T-shirts! Don't have one yet? Buy one today! (come on I have to try... :p
    or come in costume... dress like a jedi and try to fight like one to... hehehe....

What else? lets discuss plans here....

As things get planned we will post them on the webpages.... Directions to park will be posted there as well....
  2. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've put up the PDF up on how to make a "sword" I'll Probably edit it later to make it more Star Wars like, but for now it'll do just fine. If any one has any questions drop me a PM

How to make "safe" Lght Sabers

-lor
  3. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    okay about the picnic...

I will need a tentative head count for one reason only- I plan on buying a cake and I will need to have an idea of how many people will be there so that I can know what size of cake to buy.

Also, if you want to do sword fighting do not forget to find out how to make boffers... it actually is pretty easy from what I have been told and read so far.

And don't forget if you have any ideas please let me know. Or if you need directions, we will have them posted by the time the picnic comes around.

I really want this to be a fun day for everyone.

4. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan on being there! I will probably bring 2 people.

This sounds fun!!!!!!!!!!
  5. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks wook.

i know i will be there-probably won't have anyone outside the group with me though...
  6. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going to buy a cake too! Celebrate my birthday with you guys (a little late) I really do not know if I will be going though. some problems have risen... I will let you know though
  7. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope you can make it Lady...

I will be getting a half-sheet cake for the picnic... feeds about 30 people..
  8. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I will not be able to make it. Turns out I will be gone for 2 weeks (starting on Sunday~~May 11th) I will be back the 26th or the 27th :(
  9. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    well that stinks!but i understand completely...

We will have to do a movie night or something after you get back...
  10. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    OKay we will be having a Trivia Contest at the anniversary picnic... I will bring the questions...

any other contests you can think of?

also, if you are going to make boffers and bring them to the picnic, please let me know... just so we have an idea of how many people will be fighting?

I know I will be bringing mine... got some sweet red material yesturday to finish it off...
  11. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I plan on making these boffer things you speak of... and fighting

I also will be bringing a sith with me... who will fight as well...

-lor
  12. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    hey i might actually make this! have to check my schedule, casue i dont remember what day i am flying out.
  13. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope you can make it SirLancelot...

14. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Freakin a' I won't be able to make it. I'll be heading up to the mountains that weekend for some campin' action - ENDOR STYLE!

Kidding. But I will be camping that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Darnit.
  15. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    thats cool brother halo! you have fun camping-I am jealous...

16. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    time has been set:

Noon, May 25th at Taylor Park... directions will be posted on the website soon...

remember bring your boffers if you have had a chance to make them...

finished mine last night and it is sweet! wo-who!
  17. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Directions are posted to the website... I have a couple more updates i need to do, but I'm gonna' go rock climbing first.

-lor
  18. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Varza I can't make it but if you want to come by Karl Malone I will give you some money for it. :D
  19. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    okay... if you want i can deliever your shirt at the same time.
  20. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay folks, bad news here at my home front.
    My hubby got laid off yesterday, so I will not be able to attend the picnic as we will be starting to go through our stuff and pitch junk as we may have to move by the end of June if he doesn't find a job in the next two weeks. I'm really sorry to do this, but I have to use this three day weekend to my advantage since I don't get many of them to begin with. Hope everyone who can go shows up to support our group. And, someone take pictures!

21. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    i am so sorry skyra...

we will definatly take pictures and hopefully have them posted some time next week....

good luck on your husband finding a job
  22. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry to hear that Skyra...hope everything works out.

:(
  23. Volar_the_Healer Jedi Padawan

I will bring character sheets to the picnic for those wishing to join in the role playing game. You should come with an idea of who/what your character will be. Don't worry about the rules. Already know you, that which you need.
  24. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Skyra I am sooo sorry!! :(
  25. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a small warning...

I was watching the news and they are predicting rain for sunday... I am not one to back out just because of a small chance of rain...or even stop what i am doing because of it...

so bring parkas/umbrellas/whatever you feel is nesacary to the picnic to be on the safe side...

If we do get rained out... i guess we can move it to another day... but I will be there fighting with my boffer...

I can try and fit our canapoy into the car just in case...if you all would want that there to be on the safe side...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.