main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Annoo-Dat in Jango Fett/Zam Wessell GN???????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LawgSkrak, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Lawg: Did you ever get those Droid cartoons from my friend in the mail?

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Bubba: Yeah I got them. they were good to see again, plus I'd never seen the Great Heep, so that was a treat.

Bria: yeah I didn't think it would get this big either. Just goes to show you.

No Mr. Wallace yet? I guess he's busy.

3. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Hi everybody,

Lawk asked me to stop by. I'm familiar with the problem here, as I interviewed the writer/artist team for the Zam Wesell comic for SW Insider's comic column a ways back. Hence I knew (from the script) that an Annoo-dat would be involved, but was a bit surprised when the comic came out and it was a newly-created alien species.

What I'm sure happened is that the writer used Annoo-dat and the appropriate visual references (from the Droids cartoon or SW Encyclopedia) weren't provided to the artist. It's certainly not unheard of, and I'd guess things were tighter on this project due to the timing and the restrictions of its pre-AOTC release.

So how to fix? I'd go along with some sort of "two species" fix, similar to what has been done with the Bimms of Bimmisaari. The Droids aliens look so different fromt the Zam Wesell aliens that I'd hazard that one of them is not native to the world originally. This is just me speculating, of course, and shouldn't be taken as an official fix -- I don't know if LFL has one in store, but the Official Site often addresses small continuity things like these in its databank text.

Dan

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Prince Xizor: I can't get the number, but I can give you the name of the episode.

TC

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Kay, will do... :D

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'd go along with some sort of "two species" fix, similar to what has been done with the Bimms of Bimmisaari. The Droids aliens look so different fromt the Zam Wesell aliens that I'd hazard that one of them is not native to the world originally.

Sounds plausable to me. Yes I knew it's not *official*, but it makes sense. ;)

Us fans pick up on every last detail! :D ;)

~*~Bria

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Prince Xizor: check out The Pirates of Tarnooga and The Revenge of Kybo Ren for Falleen lookalikes.

TC

8. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Hey that's great. Not official as such, but good enough for now. It's been brought to the attention of someone "in the know".

Thanks a lot Dan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.