main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcement: Away Colors for Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by rhonderoo, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    How the heck is this even an issue?

2. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Even an issue? Even an ISSUE? Don't you realize how important this is? If not for this, some users wouldn't have anything to complain about in the Comms, and they would be forced to invent a complaint in order to have something to complain about.

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Oh. I completely understand now.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Don't really have much else to say other than: I concur.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Even an issue? Even an ISSUE? Don't you realize how important this is? If not for this, some users wouldn't have anything to complain about in the Comms, and they would be forced to invent a complaint in order to have something to complain about."

Best post you ever made.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution, I think there's a JCC thread you need to author now.

6. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    No, no. Thank you for your valuable contribution. I think there's a pointless thread in the Comms you need to author now.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    *whistle*

As much as I'd love to see the Clash of the Titans when it comes to razor sharp wit and sarcasm that is truly intelligent, please stop here. :)

8. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Geez, some of you guys seem like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing something. This is one of the most pointless debates in Comms' huge list of pointless debates. I don't see how you guys have the time to endlessly defend your arguments and cause more confusion than this issue should have generated.

9. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Red, green, blue, whatever. If the goal is to differentiate temporarily inactive mods from a random VIPs to avoid confusion then I don't see what the big deal is with sporting green instead of red for a few days. I don't understand how it went from exactly that to altering the headers and whatnot. We shouldn't adapt our policy to the lowest common denominator. If someone doesn't notice by the change of colours and title that a moderator is on leave, that's their problem. I'm not about to make it mine by altering the admin script every other day.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Way to suck the fun out of it.

11. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    You know how it goes Gabe. It starts off small and then someone adds to it and it snowballs into something gigantic, pointless, etc. and this usually takes place in a two hour timeframe until hours later someone else comes in and says the hell is wrong with you people and the idea dies.

As for how some people can argue over something so trivial, well it may be trivial to you but not trivial to others. Plus, its always fun to argue sometimes.

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Luigi, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

[face_batting]

Edit: owned by EV's rapidfire posting.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    If somebody's gotta do it, I'd prefer it to be you anyway.

14. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Seriously, if you don't have anything to add to the discussion then how hard is it to simply not post here?
    We don't want your expressions of "this topic is worthless, you're all wasting your time". We don't need them, they're not constructive and they just spam up the conversation.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well isn't responding to the "This topic is worthless" with "Your post about this topic being worthless is worthless" just as worthless?

16. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Somebody please spank this person so s/he can finally sleep properly at night?

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks for the compliment, Luigi. [:D]

I would ask that we keep the conversation on the topic of colors and not on the validity of the argument. That's what Comms is here for and those who want to discuss something should be able to. One person's pointless is another person's important. Only when it gets petty do I have a problem with any argument. :)

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Ah yes, very constructive.

On topic, I like green.

19. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    To put it simply... I don't think this was ever a real issue to begin with. And red > green.

20. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    My only concern was that many managers didn't use the existing system, so the new one seems to be no different. Other than that I couldn't care less what color the administration selects, as long as all the managers actually use it so we know who really is and isn't on vaca I am good.

21. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Do you guys think there's a problem with this system when it allows mods to go "on holiday" but keep their mod status, log in whenever they want, post, read Mod Squad....and not have to answer user PM's or to actually moderate? Green, red or goldenrod, my point is that this approval of part-time moderating is a negative precedent.

22. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I concur DA and I'm pushing for it to where if a mod goes away for a signifigant amount of time...say 3 days they are demoted. No exceptions. Then when they get back they can be promoted again. Like the way it used to be back in the day.

23. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
  24. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    I think blue would work better, but hey...

25. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    City Rep blue? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.