main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcement: CCG/TCG Board Splitting Up

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Baca and I have decided to go ahead and split up the boards. Why:

1. Decipher's CCG and WOTC's TCG are two very different games with two mostly unique player bases.

2. Initially, you'll remember, the Card Game team here at TFN opted against splitting up the boards. We now feel that players of both games would greatly benefit from having their own board to interact on.

3. There is sometimes some confusion as to which threads belong to which games.

We understand that some posters will not be happy with this transition. However, Baca and I feel that it is in the best interests of our audiences and helps us to promote our games better. The guidelines for both boards will remain more or less the same.

The TCG board will go public within the next day or so. Baca will post a news item on TFN's Card Game main page. The news item will contain a link to the board and any other relevant information. Thank you for your continued support of these boards and the Card Game section here at TFN.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Here is the link to the new board.

I will be locking TCG threads and cleaning up over the next few hours. It may look a bit messy for a while.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    While I'm disapointed about the split, I respect the administration and hope they made a wise decision.

It'll be tough to get used to, but so was it tough to get used to the new Star Wars card game. Well, at least it gives me another board to put on my Favorites list.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The problem with the split, though, is that the players of one game won't get exposed to the other game(s). This is just a reincarnation of the Berlin Wall, IMHO.

5. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    It's not that hard to just click over to the new one :)

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I agree with Bib. I hope the two boards will at least link to one another....

7. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We can add that in the header, good idea

8. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Personally... I think the board separation is a good idea. I suspect there are a lot of SWCCG players who would post here more if they didn't have to deal with all the Wizards TCG posts. No matter how you cut it there are a lot of ccg players who will never accept the transfer of the game from Decipher to WOTC.

Linking the two boards is a good idea.

R'Bolt

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    We're pretty much past the "game exposure" thing at this point, Bib. Links to the other board will be provided in both forums.

10. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    RE:"Personally... I think the board separation is a good idea. I suspect there are a lot of SWCCG players who would post here more if they didn't have to deal with all the Wizards TCG posts. No matter how you cut it there are a lot of ccg players who will never accept the transfer of the game from Decipher to WOTC."

I think the same applies to some TCG players who may hesitate to post on what is still a heavily supported CCG board (although we are still made to feel welcome)

11. Imperial_Marine

Imperial_Marine Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2003
    An unfortunate turn of events, this is. Hummmmm. Are you going to leave tis board intact?

I will not allow this board, which has stood for a thousand years, be split in two!

Seriously, what if more CCG's come out after you split up the board? Are you going to create a board for each game?

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    No. This is more a company-based split... since Decipher's games have similar gameplay and terminology. And since WOTC has ensured they will be the only company (for at least through Ep3), I don't think we need to worry about another board ;)

Decipher games will be discussed here. And teh WOTC's game(s) will be discussed on the new board.

13. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Were we really getting along so badly?

14. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    What of topics that pertain to both games? Like "Which game do you think handled Characters piloting starships better?"

15. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I think that they should be posted in either, i know i still check both forums

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    It has nothing to do with the behavior on these boards. The behavior was as professional as it could have been, considering.

Topics that could apply to both forums should be posted in both, if the author so chooses.

17. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I think if you give this a chance everyone will see it really is for the better. Already it is better as we identify which threads are for which game by just being on the right board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.