main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcement Expected... Tomorrow. Again.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BOBA-FETT-82, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The content has not been on the official Star Wars youtube channel, and the content was not uploaded to said channel on consecutive Wednesdays leading up to the one year anniversary of the LFL purchase.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Well, sometimes, you should throw a bone to your fans.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I hope it's about 1 min & includes traditional music with a glimpse of Luke " confirming the return of Mark Hamill " that would be awesome...........

4. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Maybe we won't get a trailer but I still think we are getting something on October 30th.

Echo-07 and ManaByte like this.
  5. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah, I still think they'll give us something. Trailer or not.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Yup.

7. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    At some point I suggested a color coded threat condition to help us be aware of the possibility of impending announcements and only one person in the entire internet "liked" it (thanks Mom). Considering the coincidence of supposed insider reports and the dates of the trailer releases on twitter, I am raising the announcement threat condition to yellow. If we get the ROTJ trailer next Wednesday I'll bump it to orange. If we get reports of the rebel fleet massing near Sollust I'll kick it up to red.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Awww...well thats anticlimatic
    [​IMG]
    Well lets all cling to hope that something might happen soon

9. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Come on though. Showing trailers on consecutive Wednesdays leading up to the one year anniversary. Either has meaning, or unintentional trolling by Lucasfilm.

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Seriously. False hope is the cornerstone of sales and marketing. If you're an employee for the website, shouldn't you *encourage* hype for your website, not discourage it?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm beginning to wonder if they just like to see us squirm and they're doing it for kicks and giggles.

12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    This is the Lucasfilm office right now:
    [​IMG]

13. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    We will hear nothing until May the 4th, 2015. No casting info, no official comment on the content of the film, no news, no leaks, nothing.

Release day will finally arrive, and we won't have seen a single image from the film, or received any plot information.

By midnight, the anticipation of the fanbase will be heightened to breaking point. The frenzied fans will file into the cinema and take their seats, awed that the moment of truth has finally arrived. The advertisements will conclude. The screen will darken.

And then...

14. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Every time we've been told by unofficial sources that we were about to get new info or a confirmation we've wound up disappointed. I'm sure this time will be no different than before. We need to stop expecting info because when we're least expecting it is when we'll actually get something officially.

HanSolo29 and Momotaros like this.
  15. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    At this point, for my own sanity I'm just going to assume that no new info is coming this year, so if it does I'll be happily surprised and if it doesn't I can refrain from going on a murderous rampage.

HanSolo29 , BigAl6ft6 and Momotaros like this.
  16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Something's about to drop. It may not be a teaser, but it'll be a bone of some sort.

It'd be hilarious if it was an announcement of the return of Hamill, Fisher and Ford. It'll finally be official news and yet the collective reaction will be "Oh, we knew that already..."

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    What??? Palpatine is Sidious??? Say it ain't so!!!!!

It does fit actually. That will probably be all we get for our next big announcement.

18. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It would be nice if such an obvious announcement was done with a little hoopla. Preferably visual hoopla.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Honestly I wouldn't even mind if that announcement was all we got. At least then everybody could stop dancing around the question, and even though we already knew it, it would finally be something about these blasted movies that was officially confirmed.

21. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    What good will that do?

22. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    LOL. Did you do that? Pretty cool idea.

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Is name calling really necessary? While I agree that it seems promising, you have to understand that some of us may be a little jaded after an entire summer of internet bloggers and people claiming to be in-the-know 'crying wolf' regarding announcements. It's been one flop after another. I'm trying to retain hope in this, but not to the point where I have over-hyped expectations that will result in more disappointment. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

24. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    We're being played like a cheap fiddle here, people, like a cheap fiddle... [face_blush]

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    It will know that the fans are ready, and excited

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.