main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcement Expected... Tomorrow. Again.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BOBA-FETT-82, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    So the official SW facebook and twitter feed has shared teasers for ANH and ESB each of the last two Wednesdays. By that pattern, the ROTJ teaser will be shared next Wednesday, and by continuing the pattern, speculation is now that the Wednesday after next they will finally post the Episode VII teaser and reveal some news, which is the 1 year anniversary of the Disney transaction/announcement and the announcement of more movies. Sure it makes sense, and can definitely happen. But frankly, I think people are reading WAY too much into the posting of the teasers. I kow there are going to be a lot of bummed out and disappointed SW fans on here when 10/30 comes and there is no announcement.

I actually believe an announcement of some sort awaits us this month, and it certainly can come on that day. I just think its foolish to think that there is a 100% chance that it happens exactly on 10/30 and also due to the reason of a few old teasers being released via the official SW twitter feed with no other evidence. Just a bunch of SW fans looking for anything to read into because they are dying for news.

2. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

Ready and excited? Punching in "Star Wars 7" on my Google browser has practically become a nervous tic at this point, but I hear ya.* :p

*Kidding kidding kidding... [face_liarliar]

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Of course I'm keeping a realistic view on it. I mean it could be coincidence. But if it is, it seems LFL is aware of it, so at least to somewhat negate it I would not release the ROTJ teaser next Wednesday, as they say don't add fuel to the fire. I think we will get something this month as well, and who knows what it will be. Some things though have me interested if there is a teaser. The only thing that makes t interesting is LFL seems to know people are speculating about that since last week, and looking into the idea that the ESB teaser would release this Wednesday. Either LFL is enjoying teasing the hell out of us, or maybe just maybe there is something they are doing. But it shall be an interesting few weeks. But ya I think at minimum we should be getting some tidbits this month, at maximum maybe we will get a bunch of stuff soon enough. Hard to tell how they are going about the marketing with this film.

4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm actually gonna be pretty cheesed off if they do put out another trailer next week and not come through with something on the 30th.

To set us up like this only to not come through with something to " wet our beaks" would...suck!

We've been fairly patient with this whole process (not that we have a choice) but to mess around with our emotions like this and not deliver something is just plain mean man!

We've earned a little info at least. A name? Just a name of who is actually in this frwakin thing is all we're asking!

Help me LFL, you're my only hope.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "What? We thought you liked those films and would appreciate the nostalgia trip!".

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It's just getting stupid how they literally haven't told us anything. They've already confirmed the cast and villain of Avengers 2 which comes out the exact same time as Episode 7!

7. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yep sadly I'm very jealous of Marvel. They have no problem release casting news or a release date. Why,because they know it will generate buzz for thier movies. Now,I know were all going to see the next Star Wars movie,but outside the fandom. Has Lucasfilms created any real buzz for VII. I mean after the crap that was PT. You think they want to be like Marvel and get the causual fans interested in the next saga,but all we have got from them is silence. It really bums me out.

8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    One running thread in all previous Star Wars teasers: Production stills or footage.

Filming has not begun yet, folks.

No teaser this year.

Am I taking crazy pills or something?

Immortiss and Mystery_Roach like this.
  9. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

Well Super 8 started filming in September of 2010. And they had a trailer for it in May of 2010. There are many films that have made teasers prior to actual filming, or during it. Including T2, Alien 3, Super 8, ST09. 2 of which I have mentioned are JJ Abrams films. Now, I'm not expecting it, trying to keep expectations down. But ST09 had a teaser made just for the teaser itself while in the middle of filming, Super 8 did one prior to principal photography. As have other films also Sam's first Spider-Man did as well. Godzilla 2014 did one recently though that was not suppose to leak to the public. Which was released during 2012 SDCC. So no filming does not always equate no teaser. That and TA2 has had a simple no footage teaser as well. Though I'm not sure if we will get one or not, depending if JJ is taking over marketing like some figure. Who knows?

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I think Disney/LFL owes us something after the D23 fiasco...

11. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Who knows? Granted. I could be wrong, but if people are looking for "patterns", why not the Star Wars Teaser Trailer pattern of production stills or actual footage?

12. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

None of us know. And I'm being cautious one way or the other. My point was many films including JJ films have released teasers prior to shooting. But will we get one for Episode VII? I dunno I hope so, but I have my doubts.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  13. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree. I hope so too, but I don't want a tease without pre-production art (ESB), production stills, or footage.

We already have the teaser trailer HERE, in this forum, if it's without a glimpse of the movie. I don't want a modern teaser with music and a logo.

I want a Star Wars Teaser Trailer, which has visuals of some sort.

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I come from one week into the future! Here's the next teaser! ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    What makes you think it's unintentional? :)

Darkslayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. kane1138

kane1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    What if October 30 becomes Disney's new version of 'Star Wars Day' (effectively replacing May 4)? Could it be possible that EpVII may even be released on this date?

17. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Blue lightsaber! *____*

18. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Most likely the title and release date. If there's a teaser, I think it will reveal those two things, perhaps with a Mark Hamill narration as the logo is revealed. Don't expect any footage from the movie.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    We could hardly. They're not shooting yet. :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    As far as we know :p

21. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Maybe the Cinderella set is just a cover-up! Hey, maybe Cinderella IS the working title!

fishtailsam likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe that's the actual Episode 7 title.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, despite Debbie Downer LFL guy I plan on getting wayyy too excited and building up wayyy too much antcipation for October 30th. I mean it makes too much sense so I will enjoy the anticipation throughly if for no other reason that this is the anticipation of a new Star Wars episode -- better than any holiday in the history of the world ever!

Media trolls like TLR have been claiming to have MAJOR news for a few weeks now. Ar Arakin started all this teaser trailer talk last week. By the pure law of probability, over time with the addition of new elements (IE actors and crew) information will have to leak out. The best way for LFL to control leaks is to provide infor themselves otherwise little boy blue meet the dam.

I'm excited!!! And if nothing happens on the 30th, I'll get excited ove the next SW rumor with no problem because eventually something is going to happen soon. AND besides its football season. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I hope the big news on the 30th is a link to the Episode I trailer.

FRAGWAGON and Darkslayer like this.
  25. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    No, it's going to be the REVENGE of the Jedi teaser:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.