main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcement Expected... Tomorrow. Again.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BOBA-FETT-82, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow, guess Abrams now has to even dress up the way fans want him to or all sorts of accusations will start flying.
    Wonder how far will it go?

"Goddamn it, look at this JJ, pretending to be Lucas, being all human white male and breathing and ****..."
    "Wow, yeah, happy birthday, JJ, you know who else had a 50th birthday? Lucas. This guy is such an unoriginal hack."

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, he better get used to it. GL to JJ, "Welcome to my world."

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    JJ damaged his own eyesight so that he "needed" to wear glasses... just like George. The lengths that this poser will go to. I heard he supposedly now also "requires" water in order to live... SMH

4. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Is it tomorrow yet?

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    It will be tomorrow in 2014 and we'll start to get a lot of news. :p

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Is Ali Arikan hinting on twitter that Han and Leia split up or just posting it for discussion? Hmmmm...

7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    What's the Twitter?

I think it would suck to have a dynamic in which Han and Leia are split. Although, this is probably part of George's treatment . . . . Course that would explain Tom without a Father's influence -- just like Indy 4. Original.

8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    "What if Han and Leia split up after JEDI? (Creatively speaking, ramifications of that provide a much greater canvas, no?) Night, Twitter."

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Thanks.

RE: The actual concept -- no in a fantasy set in space having the only healthy romance end in disaster is a lousy idea. Real life is full of broken and dysfunctional relationships.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would suck if Han and Leia were separated IMO. Thanks but no thanks AL.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

I always figured that Han and Leia would be split, it seems like the logical thing to do.

Han and Leia have kids, Han tries to settle down but Leia is always off doing the political thing and he's stuck at home with the kids - he's a free spirit and can't take it anymore - he leaves and ends up becoming estranged from his wife and kids.

His kids end up a bit like their parents, the daughter is head strong, smart and tough, the son is charismatic, fond of taking risks and shooting from the hip.

Somehow the son gets into hot water, the daughter who is training to be a Jedi with uncle Luke get called into action to stage a rescue but they need the help of Han to do it. When they catch up with Han he's in a bar somewhere in an argument with some dodgy aliens who he's trying to swindle, Luke and the daughter come to the rescue....

Something like that.

12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Or drunk, unshaven, and with an eyepatch.

Personally I want them to go full on Rooster Cogburn for Ep7 Han.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've always thought the complete opposite. By ROTJ Han is no longer the gunslinging smuggler he once was and instead he's a responsible rebel leader. I see Leia helping to rebuild the Republic but I also see Han right by her side helping out as well. I think he'd be more on the military side of thing, trying to bring the rest of the Imperials down.

However, by the time Episode VII begins the Imperials are defeated and a fragile peace has settled on the galaxy. Leia is still leading the Republic but Han is most likely retired now. I think he'd have trouble being retired but the last thing I think he'd do is abandon his family. He's restless and looking for one final hurrah. He gets his wish when a new enemy reveals itself and he sacrifices himself in the battle, heroically saving his family. That way his character can truly come full circle as he started out as a selfish individual who only thinks of himself (well and his Wookiee) but dies a hero making the ultimate sacrifice for those he loves.

I just don't think they should abandon his entire character progression just so they can redo it all over again. It makes zero sense to me personally.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Agreed Han and Leia should stay together, though Id prefer Leia to be restoring the Republic from the Jedi side of things... the Jedi diplomate side of things than be just a Republic politician. Just nitpicking... lol

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've always envisioned her as a Jedi and a politician. I'd like the symmetry between her and Palpatine if she was Supreme Chancellor and keeping her Force powers on the down low because there are still those suspicious of Force users. The enemy could use that knowledge and her heritage against her of course. I also think it'd be cool to see some young punk trying to attack the fragile chancellor only to find himself at the end of a lightsaber. :D

Echo-07, Ryus and Mystery_Roach like this.
  16. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Sorry, but can we please have no discussion in this thread unless there are possible announcements on the way? And only discuss what the announcement could be?

17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe tomorrow...

DarthBreezy and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Finally, somebody understands how "tomorrow" works. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

Ryus likes this.
  19. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Fresh new week. There should be some news tomorrow.

20. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    jj did good

21. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Why was this bumped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.