main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcement: Give your oppinion on continuity to Randy Stradley. New poll on Dark Horse forums

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CertainDeath, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CertainDeath

CertainDeath Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Stradley's Thread on Continuity

S~Go there. All will be explained.

This thread is mean to be seperate in purpose from Darth Arthas' thread. Just meant to get the word out. Maybe the mods want to combine the threads? I really think there should be an announcement thread for this just to get as many people voting as possible.

\Death/

*-\[T]/-*

|*RPMJCL*|

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    How many freaking threads do we need about this???????

I count at least 3 on the first page ....

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    What's the point? He seems pretty sure what he thinks. Nice to see noone so far agrees with him though :)

And W_K, this is a different thread.

4. CertainDeath

Sep 15, 2002
    "How many freaking threads do we need about this???????"

One is to help Randy with the timeline. The other is to discuss whether continuity should be followed. This one was to announce Randy Stradley's poll. Though, if the modscouldclose this and edit the title of the other thread.

Stradley just made the poll today.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
  6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Hey, JR Tolkien did it. He loved his continuity errors, because he enjoyed fixing them. It made his universe more dynamic.

He shoots he scores :)

Nice little point there.

7. CertainDeath

Sep 15, 2002
    oh didn't see the last one. The title of Valiento's thread needs to be edited to grab more attention. :p

EDIT: There are no threads on the vote.

Hmm. Why not make this the official thread?

8. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't understand why he's even polling. It's eventually going to get ugly and bloody. It'll be a flame war in a few days.

9. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    so he can make us look irrathiniol and extreme to put him in a better position to argue his point. :mad:

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't see how instigating a forum flame war will put him in a stronger position, since it's pretty transparent that the outcome is predictable. I think he might just have been hoping to get some fan agreement so that he won't feel bad about ignoring continuity.

11. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    look at the thread over there you like it but you won't.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Stradley's latest post in that poll:

"Randy Stradley

Dark Horse Editor
    Number of Posts: 85 posted Today - 11:13 PM Reply to this message
    Re: Continuity, Right or Wrong. CAST YOUR VOTE!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, so far everyone's vote counts -- except Xenomaniac and Darth Kevin's, both of whom decided to attack me and question my ability/willingness to do this job instead of sticking to the subject of whether or not continuity -- any continuity -- is desireable.

I HAVE the job, I'm DOING the job, and I didn't have to ask your opinions.

Oh, yeah, and Jeremy "Chief O'Hara" Barlow's comment gets thrown right out. No fair basing your opinion on "inside information," pal.

So, lessee, is my count right? That's eighteen votes to chuck all continuity...

Aw, c'mon, you know I'm kidding. Sorta."

You know there is something incredibly odd about his choices in the poll:

"Vote "Yes" if you want me to struggle to maintain the existing EU continuity, even if it means playing revisionist history with the events in the films and stretching credulity to the breaking point.

Or...

Vote "No" if you don't want me to exercise common sense by running roughshod over the existing continuity gaffes."

If you notice his second choice is a double negative. It makes me wonder if he worded something in the yes vote to make it a trick answer(but I'm just not seeing it)...

Wait a minute I figured it out, we know his oppinion is that the "EU has no existing continuity because he believes it to be a bunch of contradictions that has no continuity", so by voting yes we are telling him "it's ok to continue to make contradictions in an EU he sees as having no continuity, writing stories that further make contradictions."

The problem is that he has a very limited view of the EU... He is trying to pull us into his trap by answering a trick question...

"So, lessee, is my count right? That's eighteen votes to chuck all continuity..."

It is insidious, It is possible that what ever we vote he can twist his view of star wars onto what we say... [face_plain]...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.