main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcement Regarding Boston Rebels Staff and Website

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We've recently had some changes to the Boston Rebels staff and website that I want to share with all of you.

We've lost three staff members for varying reasons over the past month: Darth Dowe (Tony) as our webmaster, MandalorianWarrior (Joe) as our treasurer, and Sebulba2179 (Chris) as our event coordinator. I want to thank them for all their help and I wish them the best in their future endeavors. You guys are welcome here anytime! :)

DarthLucanas (Chris) remains as our PR Representative. Left with a big gap in the leadership for this group, Chris and I discussed promoting a third staff member to fill the very important position of event coordinator. -Raldayen- (Jim) has graciously agreed to serve this role for the Rebels. Please join me in congratulating him and wishing him luck!

Since we are currently lacking a webmaster, bostonrebels.net will no longer be functional. We do hope to rectify this situation in the near future, but for now we will regard these message boards as our primary website. There will be a separate website developed for the Darth Vader World Tour, but what we have in mind isn't appropriate for the Rebels site in general. Once I finish that site I will advertise the link.

As it stands now our membership is insufficient to require the services of a treasurer, but hopefully as Episode III draws nearer more new members will decide to join us and we'll have the necessary numbers to do bigger things as a group and to involve more people in the group leadership.

Questions? Comments? Post them here or feel free to PM any of the staff members, including myself. Please use some common sense about posting though. Harsher questions and comments should be discussed via PM; we don't want to give the wrong impression to any newcomers to the boards (like "wow, those people seem like they hate each other, I don't want to get involved with that..."). :)

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Thank you and good luck to the departing staff members. Welcome to the new staff member.

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Good luck to the departing staff members.

And a congrats to Jim on the position.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Congrats Jim on the selection for new Event Coordinator.

And thanks for the public service announcment on the BR site Emperor Roseanna [face_mischief].

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Actually, that wasn't my idea. Tony surprised me with that, and I'm glad he did because it's a good thing to have up. I kind of like the sound of "Emperor Roseanna" though, so you can all feel free to use it as much as you like. ;)

6. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    SAD GOOD BYE TO THOSE I NEVER GOT TO MEET... and BEST OF LUCK with all your new adventures... you will all be missed...

As for JIM ... good luck.... hope to see you soon...
    as for events I was wondering if anyone else will be goign to the convention on the weekend of the 17th in CONN ???? perhpas a get together after the con to hang with the fan force members who go to it ?????

Perhaps we can ask the other fan force groups in the area if they are plannign on going ???? I will be going in costume... not sure if Jedi or Imperial Officer yet... whichever is COMPLETED......

Peter mayhew will be there ... so it could be grand old time.....

Let's start a new tread for the CONN. convention to see who is going ... and about possible dinner with other fan force groups at the event...

Sincerly,
    Justin C Manning
    future Jedi in Timothy Zahn book
    RE : OUTBOUND FLIGHT PROJECT
    prequel to SURVIVOR'S QUEST

7. kamsolusar2000

kamsolusar2000 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2004
    As a new member I never had the pleasure of meeting our glorious leaders, but wish them the best of luck. What r our plans for future meetings, and such. What can we do to better our situation? ( What is your bidding my Master?) -Eric

8. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Justin, like I said before, I really don't think anyone here is making a trip to Conn. that weekend. Feel free to start a thread for it if you want, but just don't be surprised if people aren't coming.

Eric, nice to see you again! For future meetings check out the general meet discussion thread for ideas about the July meet and the August meet poll thread. In August we'll be going to the LOTR exhibit at the Science Museum, and the poll is to pick a day for it. There are lots of ideas for the July meet floating around in the discussion thread, and input is wanted! The meeting date is the 31st.

As for what we can do better, well, there are lots of things, and we're working on them. With the addition of a new staff member we're going to have the resources to work much harder on Rebels business, and we have lots of ideas that we'll be bringing to you guys soon. For example, we have a t-shirt contest coming up and planning for a convention in November. More members mean bigger and better activities. :) We'll be working on recruiting as well.

As always, everyone's ideas, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome. PM them to staff members or bring them up at meetings. For meet related ideas, use the general meet discussion thread. :)

9. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Thanks guys. I'll try not to screw up to much. :D

10. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    We will be watching your career with semi-great interest. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.