main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Announcement: some minor good news, and some major not so good news

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    They have every right to control the leak of information about their film.

DDH, that is true. They do have every right. But it sends a VERY bad signal to the fans when they actually get people who work for LFL as moderators on a FAN SITE.

When people that have been posting here for years, and would be more than willing to step up to the job of moderator, are not promoted, but instead some LFL nobodies who don't even know how the board system work ARE promoted, it's a bad thing for LFL, and a bad thing for the JC.

2. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    I admit I got fooled when I first read Sapient's comments but then after a few min of watching the 3SA

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

3. _Equilibrium_

Jun 26, 2004
    Better luck next time Sapient

4. LFL-Dave

LFL-Dave Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    Hi,

My name is Dave and I'm a working for Lucasfilm. I will be helping to moderate 3SA for the time being. :)

5. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I was suckered in at first - when Everton lost his modship, I even sent him a message expressing my support. But then I take my daily walk/jog at lunch, and I come back and find waaaaaaaaaaaay too much evidence pointing to the joke theory.......and at before I found this out, I really thought I'd be angry is this was a joke. Now, I can't stop laughing about it.

6. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Couple the lack of increased moderation with DarthSapient changing his colors back to normal...and we're making a strong circumstantial case for this being a joke in extremely poor taste.[face_plain]

Edit: Plus, why hasn't there been an official announcement in 3SA yet? o_O

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    When people that have been posting here for years, and would be more than willing to step up to the job of moderator, are not promoted, but instead some LFL nobodies who don't even know how the board system work ARE promoted, it's a bad thing for LFL, and a bad thing for the JC.

The only way for them to control things here is to do it themselves. They can't just sit back and advise the mods in secret, thatw ould actually look worse then what they're doing now. This is for the best.

8. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm a LFL sock. My name is Vezner and I've been working undercover in TFN for a few years now. :cool:

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Go away Dave.

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Welcome to the forums Dave. :D

11. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    My name is Dave and I'm a representive of Lucasfilm. I will be helping to moderate 3SA for the time being

It must be true! :eek:

12. _Equilibrium_

Jun 26, 2004
    This is NOT EVEN REAL This Is A Bad Joke PLAYED OUT

The mod's clearly did NOT think this through before Sapient posted this

13. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    LFL-Dave posted on 3/31/05 10:11am
    Hi,

My name is Dave and I'm a working for Lucasfilm. I will be helping to moderate 3SA for the time being. [face_happy]
    [hr][/blockquote] Just make sure you know what you're doing. That's all I ask.

14. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Hi LFL_Dave! You'll forgive me if I don't take you that seriously. But this Sanja... am I correct in assuming that is female? Do you think you could hook me up? I'm in need of some LFL lovin.

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Oh for the love of flannel! If this is a joke thanks alot guys. I liked the idea of repromoting the old mods. ;)

16. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    My name is Dave and I'm a working for Lucasfilm. I will be helping to moderate 3SA for the time being.

They could at least send us some mods that could use proper grammar.

DDH: Yes, I do think for the most part people here are overreacting. But the MS should have taken people's overreaction into consideration, and they should have done a much, MUCH better job of introducing this concept to us.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    This is NOT EVEN REAL This Is A Bad Joke PLAYED OUT

The mod's clearly did NOT think this through before Sapient posted this

Boy will you be sorry when you're banned for being disloyal.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Guys, we're not kidding.

19. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    DDH: Yes, I do think for the most part people here are overreacting. But the MS should have taken people's overreaction into consideration, and they should have done a much, MUCH better job of introducing this concept to us.

I don't think there is a way to avoid it. People are going to freak out, and over react no matte rhow its done. Like a Band-Aid, just one motion, RIP IT OFF!

20. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Do you guys have any experience in making socks somewhat believeable?

21. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I am starting to be skeptical about this action only because there's no official announcement in 3SA. Had there been such an announcement, then I would be a complete believer. I still am a believer...especially because of the way this thing started in the MS update this morning.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    The official announcement is here. You're posting in the official announcement.

23. _Equilibrium_

Jun 26, 2004
    LOL wicket1138

24. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Let's go! I wanna see some locked threads in 3SA.

25. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    I don't think there is a way to avoid it. People are going to freak out, and over react no matte rhow its done. Like a Band-Aid, just one motion, RIP IT OFF!

I dunno, I think there was a better way to do this. They should have at least TRIED promoting some more normal users, and then had a thread in Comms about how even that wasn't enough, so WE'VE ASKED LFL to send some moderators to help out.

...or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.