main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga **Announcement to my readers** (Watching the World Die - COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediRangerSaria, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I don't know much about Mara, but if she can help Luke's confidence then I'm all for her. [:D]

And what about Anakin...he's finally a Master hehehe:D

very good update
    thanks for the pm[face_peace]

*these Jedi are in over their heads methinks*

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    The plot hasn't thickened, It's CLOTTED!!!!

3. JediRangerSaria

JediRangerSaria Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
  4. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004

Nearby, Anakin observed that Obi-Wan seemed significantly more cheerful now that they were on the ground.

~Lol! Too true, too true. ;)

5. JediRangerSaria

Jun 9, 2005
    I'll probly end up repeating myself on Tuesday (yes, the chapter's nearly done ;) ) but for those of you who have a LiveJournal, this story is also being posted there (if you're interested):

Jedi_Rebels

6. JediRangerSaria

Jun 9, 2005
    Thanks **so** much for the reviews! [:D]

I'm...a little nervous about this chapter...going into uncharted territory, we are. I'm just so afraid of slipping out of character. You'll let me know if I do, won't you? *pout*

[b]Chapter Twenty:[/b]

[i]?I?ll stop the world and melt with you,
    You?ve seen the difference,
    and it?s getting better all the time,
    there?s nothing you and I won?t do,
    I?ll stop the world, and melt with you??[/i]

I?ll Melt With You, [i]Nouvelle Vague[/i]

A week went by as the Skywalkers gradually adapted to life on Yavin. Luke and Leia were integrated into the regular morning classes with the other padawans, Anakin training them in the afternoons. He had noticed, with a touch of concern, that Luke had become far more competitive with his sister during these sessions than he ever had on Qalar, berating himself harshly for failures, and rejoicing excessively over successes. He later spoke to Obi-Wan about it, who laughed.

?That?s because he?s an eight-year-old boy,? he said with more than a touch of amusement. ?You weren?t much different when training with other Padawans yourself, if I remember correctly.? Anakin felt heat on his cheeks as he too remembered the rambunctious boy he?d been. ?Don?t worry about it,? he advised with a clap on the shoulder, ?it?s just a phase.?

That month went by with an eerie calm ? they, of all the Jedi in the galaxy, knew the identity of Darth Sidious, but for the moment, there was little they could do about it. No one knew where Palpatine was, not even the Senate. Their mole within the Jedi on Coruscant had informed them that the Chancellor had ?gone away on official business?, but beyond that, there was no information on his whereabouts.
    ?We [i]have [/i] to find him!? Anakin growled as he and Corwin walked down the corridors together. They were just leaving Lightsaber Class, where they had demonstrated a duel for several eager 16-year-old Padawans. Corwin was alarmed to find that their?performance?had drawn out so much aggression in Anakin. He had never forgiven himself for being so trusting of Palpatine all these years, and he knew it was the boy?s bruised pride that was the cause of his anger. He had been [i]wrong[/i]. So gravely, [i]spectacularly [/i] wrong.

?We will,? he assured the other man as they rounded the corner to enter the room with the overstuffed chairs, which had quickly become the Masters? meeting room. Batya was already sitting in one of the chairs reading a book on common herbs and their medicinal uses. She glanced up at Corwin as Anakin stalked over to the cooling unit and picked out something cold and full of sugar. She suppressed a smirk at his behavior.
    ?I think they enjoyed the lesson,? Corwin attempted to calm him down as he helped himself to a cold drink also. Anakin whirled on him and pointed somewhat threateningly.

?Don?t change the subject,? he retorted, but by the look on his face, he had succeeded. The anger slowly melted away and he slumped into a chair next to Batya which groaned under his weight. He glanced, half interested, at the book she was reading and took another swig from his glass. Corwin snorted and got Batya?s attention.
    ?Do you think you could do something with him?? he complained playfully as he left the room. Anakin sighed dramatically as he watched him go, knowing without looking that Batya was watching him with a hint of concern beneath all that amusement.

?Still beating yourself up over the Palpatine bit?? she asked lightly. The exasperated sigh that followed confirmed her statement. ?We?ll find him when we find him,? she soothed, ?don?t worry. What matters is that we [i]know [/i] his identity. He doesn?t even realize it-?
    ?We don?t know that,? he cut her off. ?He could be hiding ??
    ?The point [i]is[/i],? she continued, ?he can?t hide forever. He?s still the ?Chancellor?, isn?t he?? Anakin finished his drink as he listened and nodded reluctantly. She nodded back, ?good boy,? she muttered, ?now let me finish my book.? He shot her a look of disbelief which she compl

7. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    A Wonderful Update JediRangerSaria!

I'm glad Lukie is starting to try harder and is fitting in.

I have a little question, is Exar Kun around or did Obi take care of him? I have a vague recollection of Obi saying something along the lines of having cleansed a dark presence from the moon, but I could be mistaken.

The next chapter looks like it might be action packed! I can't wait!

PS You still are in character; at least it seems so to me!

:)

8. JediRangerSaria

Jun 9, 2005
    I've PMed you. o_O

9. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post, I really like how you wrote the 'life goes on' segment, and flow right back into the plot. Can't wait for more.

10. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    Sweet post.
    Been working non stop.
    I love your story
    More Please.

11. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Ah...sorry I'm so late replying...blame it all on school this week.!!!!!!! :mad:

I loved the A/P mush moments yessir..[face_love]

?perhaps we should arrange some sort of Sex Education class??

I was cracking up just imagining Obi saying that for real[face_laugh]

great update...thanks for the pm[face_peace]

12. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    sorry I am late in replying! I am trying to read as fast as I can.......great posts. I want to see Palpatine get defeated and everything be right again. ;)

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey! I finally got a chance to read your updates....

a lot of stuff going on here...so the Skywalker family is FINALLY on Yavin with the other "rebel Jedi"....and Anakin is off to find Palpatine :)

I enjoyed the Luke and Leia scenes too. Thanks for writing them. Hey, I'm back so you can start sending me updates again.

I must say though...I'm not sure whether I have said this in my reviews of this story or not...but I cannot ignore it. What I'm about to say is my personal opinion, and I know that, but I still feel that I need to say it. This may not have been your intention, but is becoming more and more rampant in SW fanfic...and in the world in general...the New Age stuff. The Episode III novel is one example of this...it's the way the Force is portrayed sometimes, and it seems that it was that way when you had Obi-Wan meditate. This New Age stuff bothers me, but I understand that not everyone has that opinion.

14. JediRangerSaria

Jun 9, 2005
    Hey all! I understand last week was bad for most people (me too...I was off work sick the whole week - doctor said it was vertigo. That might explain chapter 22...*secretive grin*)

Oh, LukeSkywalker_2001, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'New Age' in the last chapter, but I just wrote my own interpretation of the Force (from the books and movies). Maybe PM me if there's something specific? Thanks for bringing it up though!

Again, thank you all for the reviews (and don't worry, I wasn't on enough to notice the late reviews ;) ) I hope you like this next chapter...

...and the bombs begin to fall.... *wicked smirk*

[b]Chapter Twenty-One:[/b]

[i]?I am sitting in the morning, at the diner on the corner,
    I am waiting at the counter, for the man to pour the coffee,
    And he fills it only halfway, and before I even argue,
    He is looking out the window, at somebody coming in,?[/i]

Tom?s Diner, [i]D.N.A feat. Suzanne Vega[/i]

The coordinates had, unbelievably, led them to Dex?s Diner. The four astounded Jedi ? Anakin, Obi-Wan, Batya and Orlan ? stood across the street watching the little diner with earnest.
    ?I don?t believe it,? Obi-Wan breathed. ?Of all places to meet?? he let the rest go unsaid. This was not good; what if they were seen?
    ?Hey master,? Anakin joked in a humorless voice, ?you think they still serve those milkshakes we used to get when I was a kid?? Batya and Orlan shared an uneasy glance.

They, all four of them, had a [i]very bad feeling about this[/i].

?This reeks of a trap,? Orlan spat. Out of the corner of his eye, Anakin saw Batya shiver.
    ?We should leave,? she said. The others looked at Anakin to see what he would do next ? this was his party, after all. After a deep breath, he told them.
    ?Let?s go.? He headed across the street towards the small establishment, the others watched, transfixed as one watching a speeder crash in slow motion. They followed him, as if drawn by his determination alone.

All four wore their lightsabers, clearly visible, hanging from their belts.

Absurdly, a little bell rang cheerfully as Anakin opened the door. Popular music was being piped in through invisible speakers, imploring the listener to ?take it easy, it?s a beautiful day?. The only two patrons seemed to be steadfastly ignoring it. Neither were their contact, but the one whose face he could see looked cloyingly familiar.
    The others entered behind him as one of the serverdroids wheeled over to Anakin.
    ?Table for four, hon?? she asked distractedly. After a beat, the droid suddenly backed away, noticing the four sabers hanging from four belts. ?Look, buddy, we don?t want no trouble?? Anakin suddenly gasped, as if injured or surprised, whirling on the others.

?Out ? [i]Now!? [/i] he choked out, ?It?s a trap-? Obi-Wan?s face fell, however, as over Anakin?s shoulder he saw a whole battalion of Clones pour into the tiny restaurant from the back doors. Anakin turned and instinctively ducked to avoid a blaster bolt.
    He cursed under his breath as the bolt grazed his shoulder. They turned to open the door, only to find it locked and the street lined with Clones.

?There they are!? one reported stupidly to the others.
    ?Rebel scum,? said another. Anakin barely had time to register his confusion at the title, as they realized instantly that they would have to fight their way out. All four of them ignited their pearl-white blades, assuming a defensive posture. The situation couldn?t be worse, Obi-Wan mused to himself. Whoever had set this up knew exactly what they were doing. There were two ways, that Obi-Wan knew of, that a Non-Jedi could kill a knight, and one was by sheer force of numbers.

The room suddenly erupted into a flurry of red blaster bolts and arcs of white light moving with such speed and synchrony as to almost form a shield around them. It didn?t boost morale, however, as all four of them knew they couldn?t keep this up. Clones fell one by one but, one by one, they were replaced.
    ?We have to get out of here,? Obi-Wan cried over the noise. The

15. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    *throws back her head laughing very hard and saying "You put Han solo in the story as a messager boy."
    I love it.

16. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Han! Hahaha!

Do I sense a bit of Han/Leia in the future? ;)

Wonderful Update!

Were my info and resources helpful? (I hope so!)

17. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great chapter! Nice touch putting Han in there. Can't wait for more.

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Awesome! :)

I loved how you had them escape, with the troopers shooting at them like that :)

Excellent!

and I also liked the Han Solo inclusion....that was completely unexepected. I wonder if he's going to meet Leia and Luke....

As for who sent the clonse after them....hmmmm.....was it the Rpublic or the rest of the Jedi? I guess we'll find out for sure soon.

19. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Uh-oh here comes Han Solo...I want him to meet Leia so badly....lol:*

Stupid clones:mad: poor Obi:(

20. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    God do I love this story.

*looks up at response then starts banging head*
    Typical.
    I always can't say something smart.

21. JediRangerSaria

Jun 9, 2005

This one's a little early, cause I don't think I'll be able to update on Tuesday like usual. *shrugs* Ahh, well, you'll just have to read it three days ahead of time *tv audience 'awwww'*

Oh yeah, I mentioned that bombs were dropping, right? Just checking.

[b]Chapter Twenty-Two:[/b]

[i]?I?ve seen a rich man beg,
    I?ve seen a good man sin,
    I?ve seen a tough man cry,
    I?ve seen a looser win,
    And a sad man grin,
    I?ve heard an honest man lie.?[/i]

What it?s like,[i] Everlast[/i]

Anakin stared at the table.

Around him, the meeting room was filled with Jedi Masters sitting on overstuffed chairs most likely older than they were. They discussed the future of the galaxy, but all he could do was stare blankly at the stained table before him, strewn with all sorts of intelligence reports. He felt like he was in a dream ? no, a nightmare ? one from which he couldn?t wake up.

He kept hearing his name, in different voices, different tones. Some hopeful, some dismal. He closed his eyes, hoping that denying sight would also banish the sounds around him. He would give anything for some peace and quiet right now.

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan?s voice cut through the droning of the others. ?Are you well?? He looked up at his master, his best friend, and saw the deep concern etched on his older face. He attempted a smile, but all he could manage was a grimace.
    ?I?m fine,? he lied. Obi-Wan grunted a laugh.
    ?You?ve been fading for the past hour. Why don?t you go and rest?? Anakin nodded, but made no move to get up. He had the strong suspicion that if he did, the room would spin and he would fall over. He hadn?t told Obi-Wan he hadn?t eaten in three days. Not even Padmé knew he wasn?t sleeping. All he thought about, all he [i]lived [/i] for right now, was killing Palpatine; finally ending this torment that man?s very existence put him through. While he still lived, everything to Anakin was just a shadow of his old life. He wanted revenge so very much. Even his children had noticed something was wrong, but never dared ask about it. He had asked Rand to watch them for now.

?If we go in force we?ll have a better chance at success,? someone?s voice broke through the fog in his brain.
    ?But it also means there?s more chance for casualties,? said another.
    ?We only need a few of us,? said a third, ?we have the advantage here.?
    ?Surprise is only a momentary advantage,? said the first.
    ?But we have the Chosen One. That?s got to count for something.?

Suddenly the whole room went quiet. Anakin realized that everyone was looking at him for input. They were all depending on him, when all he really wanted to do was disappear. He instantly regretted not leaving when Obi-Wan had suggested it. There was a long, painful silence. People began fidgeting. Someone cleared their throat. Anakin lowered his head, unable to meet their eyes anymore.

?Perhaps,? Obi-Wan broke the silence, ?we should adjourn for now. I?m sure we?re all tired.? There were agreeing nods and murmurs all around, and the room soon emptied. All except Anakin ? and Obi-Wan.

?Out with it.?
    The words hung in the air, slowly waking Anakin from his muddled brain. He opened his eyes, squinting, as the lights were suddenly too bright. His head hurt and his stomach churned, as if suddenly realizing it hadn?t digested food in a while.
    ?Wha-?
    ?Anakin, you?re a wreck!? Obi-Wan said, his voice mercifully soft. ?What?s happened to you? Ever since we returned from Coruscant you?ve been acting oddly.? There was a long drawn out pause. Anakin found he could not even meet his former master?s eyes as he spoke.

?They all think I?m some sort of god,? he whispered. ?As if being chosen means I?m invincible. They have no idea what I?m feeling.? He whispered through clenched teeth, as if every word was painful to speak. ?He [i]lied [/i] to me, Obi-Wan,? he emphasized, his voice shaking. ?I told him things?things I wouldn?t even tell you, or Padmé?? he finished by burying his face in his hands. Obi-Wan sighed and knelt beside him.
    ?He had us [i]all[/i], Anaki

22. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Well if Ani and Obi do fail... (Which they won't [face_worried] ) Watch out for Padme, "Hell Hath no Fury..."

Wonderful update as always!

Thanks for posting it early! Does this mean the next postie will be on Saturday next, or do we have to wait all the way to that far off Tuesday? Sunday sounds good to me... [face_batting]

I can't wait, whenever it will be!

23. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin's going to Mustafar....okay...Anakin needs to stay away from red hot lava.

The good-bye scene was very touching (talking about the Skywalker family.)

I'm really looking forward to this fight....and I hope a certain evil Sith dies!!!!!!!!!!

24. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    That's so sad I hope Anakin and Obi come back in one piece[face_praying]

25. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Ooooh, I love how you threw Han into there! Great updates. :) Sorry it took me so long to get to them. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.