main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion 2.0... This time with actual announcements!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Why not just make the Official Announcements thread a locked list with the Official stuff listed as it happens? This one will bloat up again and any offical info will be buried in tons of irrelevant chatter.
    Each announcement will probably get it's own thread anyway, why not make this just a list where people can jump in and check out quickly what's new (if anything) and there we have it?

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Good morning! Hello to a new week which means new rumors and another week of us praying for announcements. I wonder what the rumors will be this week [face_thinking]

3. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    As I said, IF multiple sites report the same thing or if Lucasfilm reps vaguely hints, then it's most likely a legit rumor!

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah, I agree. Personally, I think its simply a bad idea to put the guy who was the new villain in Star Trek in as the new villain in Star Wars. Regardless of how good an actor he maybe be, or even is he's perfect for the role, it will pull the audience out of the film instead of relating to the character.

They should avoid strong fanchise swapping for this.

5. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think people are continuing to ask this question to get an official response from the mods. It's not that they are ignoring your opinion its just that your opinion isn't necessarily the official policy.

6. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I completely agree. I voiced this concern with practically the same arguments on the other announcements thread and everyone got extremely pissed, expressing sarcastic (and totally misplaced) remarks about directors using actors multiple times like Burton/Depp, Scorsese/DiCaprio and even Lucas/Ford.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    With no actual announcements we can only discuss... nothing. And as we can see, people already started discussing rumors, so maybe we don't need "Announcements Discussion" topic but "Rumors Discussion"?

Togruta and The Hellhammer like this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I worked hard on a thread about Timeline of Events What We Know -- actual news and confirmations. I tried multiple times to get it stickied but nadda. YET now we're on to a second thread about [lack] of annoucements. It's more than a little annoying.

9. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah, that was a good thread. It helped me a bit, thanks for the hard work put into it.

Still, threads about ridiculous subjects like the netherworlds of the force are probably going to get more action in this news drought.

markdeez33 and Echo-07 like this.
  10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You're welcome! :D

My intent was to have a running list of confirmed info in order to refer to over the years to help people with keeping the facts straight in these arguments. I even included links to the articles as they appeared.

HERE
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-we-know-timeline-of-facts.50006299/

11. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a suggestion to the mods of something that is done over at the SuperHeroHype forums that seems to work really well. Each area of the forums has a "General News/Discussion" thread where you pretty much talk about the news (it's always where the latest news pops up) and pretty much discuss anything Episode VII related. Usually it sticks close to what the latest rumblings are about. But you can get into some side discussion and general talk about it. I'm not saying you have to do it but it does make it easier when you just want to talk about news or something Episode VII. And of course we keep a pinned area that is just for news announcements, no discussion. But it's just a suggestion.

Echo-07, vinsanity and HegoDamask like this.
  12. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah.... There is no problem with directors working with actors multiple times, but that arguement is apples to oranges. It's simply doesn't apply here.

13. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    The what we know thread should be stickied!

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Star Trek Into Darkness comes out tomorrow, maybe Benedict Cumberpatch will be announced to sell STID more, tomorrow? I still believe his rumor is TRUE, so guess we will see!

15. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Only diehard fans would care. Regular moviegoers would NOT give a damn!!!

16. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I totally read Sexually Transmitted Disease. :confused:

Echo-07 and The Hellhammer like this.
  17. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Actually, if they are trying to do Cumberpatch announcement with Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray, that would be tonight, so people would flock to buy the movie at midnight/tomorrow when store opens to see his performance.

18. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    No way would Paramount allow Cumberbatch to make a Star Wars announcement promoting their DVD. They had a hard enough time trying to keep JJ from talking about it. It's not gonna happen.

19. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    This forum has become a threshold for cumberbitches. It makes me sick.

Just joking, the dude's a great actor with the weirdest face, he's on his way up for sure. Still, people here are probably reading too much into his involvement, even more so after he completely debunked it which just makes it a little weird.

Dra--- and Darth Claire like this.
  20. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Another week with nothing...

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  21. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    To a degree, yes, but in the bigger picture, it is more of a public perception thing. It is something that would be reported by the mainstream media and create a feeling or "lack of creativity" in the general populace. Non or casual fans would be left thinking "Couldn't they find their own guy?"

For example, if they were to announce Daniel Radcliffe as being cast as the new hero for the ST, it would be viewed by many as a feeling the Harry Potter was "better" than Star Wars, so they had to use him in order to have a worthy hero. It's takes something away from Star Wars, which is the last thing Disney wants to do right now.

22. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Why are you making my brain hurt?

LunarMoth likes this.
  23. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    This could be the main theme of this thread:

HegoDamask and Togruta like this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Why not discuss casting rumors in the casting rumors thread? :oops:

The Hellhammer likes this.
  25. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    im very used to rumors, i mean, i live in venezuela, we drowned in a sea of rumors because of chavez's illness... and ive learned that the only cure for those rumors is Patience and total ignorance of unreliable sources... thats all =)

LunarMoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.