main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion 2.0... This time with actual announcements!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Why does the title say, "with actual announcements," if there are none? Shouldn't this thread only be made once there are, I don't know, actual announcements?

JainaSoloYJK and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The one thing we have on them :cool:

3. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  4. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The clicked a link in the second link for "possible storylines," and got the Jacen and Jaina B.S. I hope to all that is both holy and unholy that we do NOT get the Solo twins. I prefer a brand new heroic character.

5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    (source)

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I wonder where nukethefridge got its infos. moviegoss and movieweb don't have any.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I think they don't understand what's meant with a "framing device." That doesn't mean getting old Harrison Ford to play young Han, it means that you show old Han in the beginning and end of the movie "telling" the story of young Han. Like Bilbo in the Peter Jackson film adaptation of "The Hobbit," or Indiana Jones some of the "Young Indiana Jones" episodes.

Anyway, I say meh.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In case anyone missed it, keep your eyes glued to the stickied "official announcements and confirmed info" thread. Just today it was updated with things that are NOT new. :p

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah........if what they are saying is that they plan to CGI Harrison Ford young then I would like to say:
    [​IMG]
    Just cast a new actor. Find somebody talented, and young to play young Han. Its not that hard. You (Disney) dont have to waste millions on a fairly unreliable technology just so you can TRY to please fanboys who dont want to accept another actor as Han

10. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    So what do you think? Do you think this week is the week?? :p

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Where is Iger confirming this? I only see it on Nuke the Fridge.

Darth_Pevra and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is either the week, or it's the week where we talk about how maybe it will be NEXT week. :p

13. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think it's more like Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. I'm not afraid of new technology. Besides, the tech used in Tron Legacy was 4 years old. I'm sure it's improved by then.

I was ok with the look. I just thought the lips weren't quite right when he spoke:
    [​IMG]

I wonder if Ford would be down for it?
    'Tron Legacy' Star Jeff Bridges Explains How He Plays His Younger Self
    'It's great to be able to play a character in a story at any age you want now,' veteran actor says about revisiting his 1982 role.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    The difference here is they would be trying to CGI a 71 year old guy to basicly the age of a teenager-20 year old (since thats how old Han would probably be in the solo *no pun intended* movie). Are there really no worthy actors out there who can play this role that they HAVE to resort to CGI (which will most likely not look that great and would be a harsh reminder that Ford is no longer capable of playing young Han on his own without the help of CGI). Ok here's the laziest actor option
    [​IMG]
    BOOM. Dude resembles Han enough, is a decent enough actor (could probably use a good script), and would most likely have fanboy approval. Easier and cheaper option than using CGI.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I could sort of accept the CLU character because he was a computer generated character in a computer world. It would be completely different with Harrison Ford playing a younger version of himself and I think it would just look completely out of place with the rest of the cast and environment. Plus it's just unnecessary. Just hire a new actor.

16. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Problem is that guy is almost 30. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1330560/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh he looks young enough. We live in a world where a 30 year old plays a High schooler (Spider man) so I can buy anything as long as they look youthful enough

18. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah at this point I'm not expecting any news and will be pleasently surprised if we get any thing at all.

19. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Where is the actual Iger quote? Not until I see the quote where this is explicitly stated will I believe this is anything but rampant fanboy conjecture.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  20. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    None of those articles even hint a CGI Han. Where's that coming from?!

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    If they go this route, I wouldn't mind it so much. In fact, I prefer if they would do something like this if only to harken back to Ford as the original actor. Of course, I would rather that they not make a Han film at all (instead of resorting to CGI or recasting), but giving all the rumors surrounding it at this point, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I could tell you where they got it, but I'd be banned. :)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Eh... Maybe not ;)

24. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
  25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The deepest recesses of news-starved, maddeningly arbitrary and overreactionary Made'up Rumorpit, in the vast and unexplored plains of Fan'ysteria.

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.