main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I know there was a thread on this topic on the old forum, but I figured with D23 being only a week away, and with Lucasfilm officially having a presence, it would be a good idea to create a new thread on the same topic for speculation and also for updates for when D23 begins. I mean come on, we are due for some announcements! (But the John Williams announcement at CEII was awesome, even though it was pretty much a given)

Edit: Now that D23 has come and gone, we're retitling this "Episode VII Presence at D23" thread to make it a general thread for all speculative discussion about announcements. This is different from the thread for officially confirmed announcements that is also on this page.

2. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Hi, long time visitor here (since TPM era) and this is my 1st. post. English is not my language so excuse me if some of the writing is weird.
    Related to this topic, I use to follow fan page and forum from Latin América called SW Universe. They usualy copy/paste and translate to spanish some info from TFN and other known sites, but a couple hours ago they posted two pics that are suposed to be from the EP7 teaser one sheet to be presented at D23, and as fast and furious I could, came here to check. It was a surprise for me not to find more info... here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and this is the link to the forum:

http://swuniverse.mforos.com/2027150/11039329-star-wars-episodio-vii/?pag=11

They main issue for them is the "21st Century Fox" logo shown in the second pic. Any idea?

spicer and Darth Eddie like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Welcome to the forums and your English looks pretty good to me. :) We talked about those two photos a few weeks ago when they were first leaked (a lot of the threads have been archived so that's probably why you didn't find the discussion) and they seem to be fake. The 21st Century Logo stands out obviously and also the creases where the poster seems to have been folded look like they are actually photoshopped onto it. Hope this helps and again welcome.

4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Doubt it. If you could get a camera close enough to take two pic, why not get the entire poster?

WatTamborWoo and FRAGWAGON like this.
  5. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    And promotional is spelled wrong. It reads "PROMOTIONNAL"

6. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Damn, I'm sorry for the mess! That's why I say that site likes to recycle many info from here, they seem to have found the pics only recently :rolleyes:. If deleting of the post is needed I'm ok with it.

7. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    And the second picture has the poster on a wall of a completely different color.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's the "European" spelling. :p

9. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Nah, its cool man. We all sometimes pick up info which isn't legit. Don't worry 'bout it. Heck, it gives us something new to discuss. Welcome to the JCF, by the way.

10. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Nah don't worry about it. That's what we're here for!

11. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    That "teaser" was speculated to be shown at CE2 which it wasn't. So I really don't know if that's legit or not.

But the 21st Century Fox is the corporate logo only, so the studio is still 20th Century Fox.

12. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    The poster got me thinking that they might just have some kind of very simplistic free giveaway promo poster at the presentation. I know I got something like that when they announced the update of Star Tours back at the 2009 Expo. Probably no title or anything, just saying SW EP VII is coming or whatnot

13. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    It said there would be surprises. I'm expecting a release date, Big 3 confirmation, and maybe a title (that's a stretch).

14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    It would be awesome to get all of that info. After the May 4th and CE2 letdowns, I am not letting myself get hyped up at all for D23. That way I won't be let down and can be happily surprised by any info that does come out.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    If true, that would be great! I'm looking for a casting announcement, at the very least!

And on top of that, we'll be getting news about the Star Wars expansion in the theme parks! Being a Disney World junkie, I'm looking forward to that as well.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  16. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    That would be terrific! If only I lived close enough...

17. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Don't get too excited about the SW theme park stuff just yet. I know they are working on things but nothing is green lit yet for any parks, and as of now it seems all we might get is a small glimpse of something they are working on which may or may not even come to the parks in the end. Lets focus on the movie news, if anything comes out about the theme parks it will be icing on the cake but please don't expect a big announcement.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Here's the article the official Disney blog posted last week: http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2013/07/24/60-years-of-imagineering-the-impossible/

I'm not sure how extensive the information will be, but it definitely states that they will be offering a teaser on how Star Wars (and Avatar) will be featured in the theme parks in the future. I also understand that the rumors are rampant on this subject from looking around at different sources (I've heard some pretty crazy stuff about how this will all go down). I would hope they would reveal, at the very least, a general direction that they plan to take. In the end, it will still be news and I'll be happy with that.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can't imagine the title being released before the summer of 2014.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  20. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah but with new ownership, and the Avengers 2 title being released and all, it is a possibility, but that doesn't mean it is a probability.

21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Don't expect anything major. The Star Wars plans they're currently working on are rather minor additions.

22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    If the poster does pan out to be true. It might give us a glimpse into who is in it and the tone.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's the assumption I was under. I don't really expect them to reveal all that much other than yes, something is coming...but, it's something, nevertheless. At this point, I'm happy to take anything.

Plus, they have a tendency to constantly change their theme park plans. What may be in the works today, can be shelved for something entirely different tomorrow.

24. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Wasn't AOTC's title released after they finished filming everything? I remember when the title was released someone interviewed Ewan McGregor and he couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was.

25. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.