main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    He lost his blue lightsaber. He needed a new one. There's no reason why it couldn't be green. IF GL changed the color because of the sky I can't say I ever heard a confirm or denial of this. YET, the lightsaber is outlined in white light that would differentiate it from the sky.

At any rate, I stand behind my contention that there should NOT be more different colored lightsabers -- yellow, pink, purple, fuschia, black, white . . .

I totally disagree with your interpretation. I remember the Marketsaw report from back when and have moved forward as though that is indeed true information. Also, I read the article as the OT cast being the connective tissue to the new episodes (as many as 12.) I don't think the OT needs to have 5 minute cameos and then disappear for good. So long as we get new protagonists -- and we all agree that IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW -- they can be in the ST and eventually fade out through death or other demise and launch the new era of SW into the future of endless episodes. I see absolutely no problem with any facet of that article.

2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    "But nobody has been cast and there are no offers out to anyone apart from the regulars who are returning." - Sherlock/Assange/Cumberbatch/Khan/Smaug/Necromancer/Guilam.

Q. How would be know no-one has been cast - A.either that statement is irrelevant or he is up for a role and has I'd say quite some awareness of the situation.

Think of when you have applied for a job and after a few weeks called HR and they've said we haven't made a decision yet for the 2 available positions, does Hollywood work in a similar manner?

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I would not be worried if we get a bit of the familiar, at least to set us off on the new era of Star Wars. I could totally see them wanting to warm us up to the new era by giving us things that we are familiar with before blasting off (no pun intended) into new territory with the saga. I think that they need to do a bit of this to do it right. If they just slam us into entirely new territory, it might feel like a forced departure from the Star Wars that we all grew to love.

4. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Ive been looking trough the thread for the talk of the Falcon and Cantina being rebuilt but cant find its origin, can someone please link me to that story/rumor? Thank-you

5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Hollwyood is a little different. Actors can be told who is attached to the picture beforehand. In fact may even meet the actors in some cases to audition with them.

Here's a great link to the info you seek.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/09/rumor-new-old-potential-title-for-star.html#more

6. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
  7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Way back when I told you about the new movie trilogy planned, I never explained to you that they were being rewritten from previously secret drafts from way back during the making of the original trilogy. The main problem was the age of the cast, and the tone of the story. Now I do believe that Walt Disney intend on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy. You will see a tone more in line with the original trilogy, and specifically featuring that cast, if everything shakes out as intended. Which it will, I promise you.

When I hear words like "specifically featuring that cast" it sounds an awful lot like they won't just be bit players in the film. Again I have zero problems with Ford as the man is virtually ageless and reminds me a lot of the older Sean Connery who could still legitimately star in action films. My concern is Fisher and Hamill.. I just have concerns they can pull this off. Heck I'd rather watch a heavy dose of Billy Dee who still has that wonderful larger than life, infectious personality that can dominate a screen.

Give me new blood, actors like Chloe Moretz, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam McIntyre, people who can inject new life into the Saga.

Yancy

HegoDamask and Darth Claire like this.
  8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't see the problem. Not at all. YOU will get NEW actors and NEW characters. The OT cast will act as the support passing on the torch. GL always said that Mark Hamill would act as the Obi-Wan sage. I see no problem whatsoever with this info.

9. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Actually the same could be said of having the OT cast "forced" on audiences. Just having them aboard to make older fans feel "comfortable" is no reason to have them aboard if it does not really service the story. This is the same quandary Paramount found themselves in with the reboot of Star Trek in 2009. Abrams deftly handled that with the appearance of Spock Prime, but I do have concerns Disney may pressure Abrams a bit on this issue for marketing purposes.

Darth Claire likes this.
  10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Apples and oranges, man.

First, the OT characters aren't being forced on anyone.
    Second, GL the creator has written the treatments, which continue his saga. Nothing is out of place.
    Third, the OT Characters have a natural bridge to the ST characters who are presumably their offspring. Therefore the characters DO SERVE the story.
    Fourth, there's no reason why the OT cast can't bridge the ST cast. It's totally natural.
    Fifth, comparing a Trek reboot with a SW continuation is as I already stated apples to oranges.
    Sixth, JJ wouldn't have accepted the job if he didn't like what he was hearing. As I understand it JJ is deeply involved not only in E7 but the whole future of the Disney era SW saga.

11. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Yes it has been confirmed....the original trailer for ROTJ which you can watch online has it as a Blue Lightsaber for some shots. But it became problematic. So they changed it.

12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    The OT cast does have a purpose for being there. It is to pass the torch to the new era of Star Wars.

ChildOfWinds and Echo-07 like this.
  13. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not worried at all about "over use" of nostalgic things from the OT. I laugh because the PT did it left and right, and to me that was the least of it's problems. It's the same universe, and a new generation, I see no problem going back to some of the old places.

vinsanity and Echo-07 like this.
  14. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Again, that's fine, but if the Marketsaw rumor is accurate they wont just be there to pass the torch.

Yancy

15. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    What is this Marketsaw rumor?

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Again, they don't have to have cameos. There's 3 movies with rumors of another trilogy beyond that. With a new cast of characters and protagonists there's no reason to rush the OT cast out.

17. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    It's just part of that larger article linked to from starwars7news.com

18. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    But passing the torch can still be having (especially Luke) be a core part of the story as Obi-wan was in Episode IV. That's what I've always seen is that he will be the new Obi-Wan.

19. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    However, I don't think Luke will be killed of in VII. I do think he may be broken (e.g Batman in TDKR) or Exiled into the Unknown Regions by the antagonists. I can only really see him die in VII if they do want to go for a netherworld arc.

20. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    If anyone's going to die, I think it'll be Han.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Well, if Han dies, Chewie will likley go down with him :'(. I also wouldn't discount idea of the death of Leia.

22. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    If Han dies, the falcon will likely go down with him IMO.

HegoDamask likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    And tears will be shed.

vinsanity, Echo-07 and TheTwinSuns like this.
  24. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    I could see it happening Randy Quaid style from ID4.

25. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Chloe Moretz should be in Star Wars, but not now. Maybe when she is in her mid 20s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.