main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I think we're looking way too much into the Moretz and Cumberbatch rumors....maybe because we want them to be true. I mean the Cumberbatch and Moretz rumors are by far the best rumors we've gotten so far. Almost all the other rumors are met with either fanboy rage or an "Eh" response. The Moretz and Cumberbatch rumors so far seem to be the most positively recieved and even though lately its seems that they are both too busy to be in SW7 we still want to find evidence to prove that they still can be in it. Now that doesn't say they are 100% unlikely...but I dont think we should get our hopes up.

Anywho............how long till the next rumor? I like to see how it can be worse than last nights "Disney channel chick to lead SW7". :p

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You're right pretty much on all accounts.

I definitely want both to be in the ST. At least I wouldn't mind either of them. However, they have fueled the fire, especially Moretz. So we can't be blamed for speculating hard on what all their parsed words and humorous hints.

Furthermore, what's ironic is that there is an LFL site called Obi Wants to Know that is asking fans about the Pettyfer and Hurd-wood (whom I love) rumors and yet we're still obsessing over Moretz and BC. Perhaps Disney should ask the fans at OWTK about all the rumors in order to truly quash them. LOL :p

3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah very true about the Pettyfer and Hurd-wood. Its like we kinda dont want to talk about them because the conversations almost always end in either Pettyfer-hate or Hurd-wood "I dont know who that is"-ness. While the Moretz rumors are soo much more fun to talk about because we all seem to love her. Its the downside of having unknowns....conversations will get painfully boring after a while. Whats there to talk about a chick we know nothing about? But if its a fan favorite like Moretz, Cumberbatch or even Hedlund...we're all happy.
    Have we gotten any other updates on that obi-wan site? Or was that asking about a casting rumor a one-time thing? I want to know more!

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Last I read was the thread got shut down because someone violated the NDA. I suppose that will be a short-lived thing; I doubt they'll try anything like it again. Instead they'll just lurk this thread. LOL

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not by me. :)

At least not as it concerns Moretz. No thank you. It wouldn't keep me from seeing the films, naturally, and I'd certainly try to go in with an open mind, but to put it bluntly, I just don't like her work - like, at all.

That said, I would think that - just as with the other actors we've heard rumblings about - if Chloe had read for any roles, there's every chance we'd have heard about it (and, if memory serves, other than word that Vaughn had envisioned her for a role, there have been no rumors reported about Moretz in Star Wars). If you're right, Claire, and there is a scheduling conflict, then maybe that explains why.

Cumberbatch, I find kind of interesting. I like what I've seen, certainly (and I wouldn't object, were he to land a role), but I wouldn't be devastated, either, if it turns out that it was all just hot air.

I'm not one of the fans who thinks that lack of news means that VII is having difficulties, but I would welcome some confirmed casting news, particularly as pertains to the next-gen heroes.

Darth Claire likes this.
  6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    god damn that person who leaked it. Well...I guess here's hoping we get some more rumors. I need some rumors that at least have a sliver of legitimacy! Even if I dont like it. Have you noticed that the rumors (outside of Cumberbatch) have kind of gotten worse and worse? First it was that Meyers dude (Dont know much about him but he has a JJ connection. This rumor obviously didn't get much attention and kinda faded away but from what I saw fans were good with it), then it was Gosling (decent actor, big fan favorite actor on other forums, well known and thats kinda what pissed fans off), then to Efron (fan ragey at first but lately has been doing some work that I hear isn't too bad), then to Pettyfer (who on all accounts has gotten near universal hatred), then this random Disney channel chick (though that barely got any attention but still...it existed). Makes you wonder...how can it get worse? Its either the rumors start magicly getting better....or they get worse. Whats worse than a random Disney channel chick? Justin Bieber/One Direction? A Twilight actor? Somebody already in a major recognizable franchise? A non-actor (like a wrestler, model, singer), or even worse....one of Will Smith's kids? [face_worried]

7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    If you read back through the thread you'll see that there's a lot of stuff that relates Moretz to SW and it's very interesting -- Disney script, lunch with JJ, lightsaber training, watching the PT, "I would kill to be in Star Wars" and on and on. Yes, nothing concrete. In the least suggests she's campaigning hard.

While I won't die if she's not in it I think she'd be good, really good. She was phenomenal as Hit Girl in Kickass (1). I think she'd make a great padawan.

8. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    She would be second to none as far as a darker character is concerned, maybe even full blown turn to the Sith, one of the best new actresses on the planet right now, her fall to the Dark Side would be far far more convincing than: I cut off Windu's hand, welp, better go murder some chidren, BRB.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but there's just been so much nonsense (some of it courtesy of me, I'm afraid), that I may have missed something.

Because of this, I'm not sure what you mean by "the Disney script" and I hadn't read about any JJ power lunch. Maybe there's something to that?

That said, lightsaber "training" means nothing to me. I do it, too. Plenty of SW fans do. Good for her if she's a fan who is doing it for fun, but unless it's Nick Giillard who is doing the instructing, well...

And "I would kill to be in Star Wars"? I think we'd be hard-pressed to find all that many Hollywood up-and-comers who wouldn't feel the same way these days. :)

I'd still be surprised if she had auditioned and word of that didn't leak out to those in-the-know. I could be wrong, certainly, but I believe we'd have heard about it.

10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    okay, good post, but do we have to bash the PT in the process?

Yeah, its hard to keep up, no doubt. Someone posted that Moretz was spotted with a Disney script at some point and in another sighting was having lunch with JJ. All of her recent tweets suggest she's "studying" Star Wars. It just seems like she's at least campaigning hard, as I suggested, or really trying to hint at something.

As for us NOT hearing that she read for it, that's easy to explain. NOT every actor needs to read. Samuel L. Jackson didn't have to audition. Perhaps JJ and KK watched her work. Her past work speaks a lot for her, especially the action, which is no doubt required of all these "fit" castings declare.

11. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    You mean like how we knew about Hayden Christensen the day the trailer for the AOTC released? because we certainly didn't have confirmation he was Anakin till then, speculation sure, confirmation? nope, not at all.

Now this wasn't just hitting each other with sticks to have a laugh this was genuine stunt training and why bring in Nick Gillard when he probably hasn't even heard of who is fighting who, we do know however that she was doing the same stunts move after move, this wasn't having a laugh, this was serious stuff, rinse and repeat sections of fighting, she is clearly preparing for something in my eyes, I used to go to the little lightsaber conventions myself in Paris, Stuttgart and Munich, but they were nothing like what she was spotted as doing.

As far as the script and eating out with JJ, that is way too much of a coincidence, first she was brought on the table by Vaughn, then she was spotted at Disney's head office where her only comment was about getting dates right, considering her very busy career, this would make sense. Then she has lunch with JJ after he is made director and then she is seen doing training with lightsabers, posting her favourite #chloe4starwars fan art and she hasn't stopped either posting about Star Wars on her social media accounts or talked about it in interviews.

But whenever she is asked about Episode 7, mouth zipped shut.

12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Ryus and newdawn12 like this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks, Echo. I'll check it out.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Just wondering....do you have a link to an article about the "Moretz and Abrams lunch" and Disney script thing. I havnt been able to find it. Not saying you're lying...but I like to see sources. Only thing I saw about the lunch ended with that person saying "Note this story is all made up"

15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Great post. You've clearly been following stalking her closely. :p However, you're wrong about the above quote. Hayden was confirmed well before the first trailer. He was announced on the website as well as SW Insider, I believe issue #50.

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I read it from MOE I believe. I never actually heard that until this thread. Whomever wrote it should provide the link. I'd actually like to read it as well.

17. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    I'll go back to my major chloe moretz fansites and blogs and see if I can find it all, remember these things are all from a very long while ago so you may have to bare with me on this.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm assuming its this http://chloemoretz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2557&start=230 Just notice this: DISCLAIMER: This story and the picture are all made up. No Wookies were hurt during the making of this story
    I've searched around and I've found 0 articles about any meeting between Moretz and Abrams. Just stories that she was Vaughns 1st choice

19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    This is where I first heard this news, in this thread.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Ah, come on, it's ten years later. It's no secret that information moves in different ways and at a far different pace these days, as compared to back then.

You do know I was only using Gillard's name in a rhetorical sense, correct? I don't know that he's even the one who will be coordinating the duels. I simply meant that until it's confirmed that any training is happening in an official capacity, it doesn't amount to all that much to me.

21. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    Oh god, no not that site, they post loads of rubbish in there, they once said she'd be in Breaking Dawn as the older version of their daughter. *facepalm* anyways, most of the posts were likely in user's only (so people cant just surf and copy), I will take a good look, probably in CGMNews but I'll find out.

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    You better find it because I havn't been able to find anything about what you're saying (the lunch, the disney script, ect). If what you're saying is true, then I'd imagine several website would be talking about that

23. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    I will find what I can, calm down, tone is not going to get you anything faster.

Darth_Pevra and Gallandro like this.
  24. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I won't be pleased with "A New Dawn" if that ends up being the title. That is the least-common-denominator in terms of a title being chosen.
    I get that people want the pulp-style title(s), listen, I get it. I would prefer more interesting titles though, while still being fun, and not predictable.
    I know they will never be anything like these, but here was my "go" at coming up with titles back in Nov.:

Episode VII: Aligned Fates​
    Episode VIII: Trapped in Lightyears​
    Episode IX: Galactic Spark​
    Tibanna Gas Mine, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Aligned Fates to compare whatever Luke's destiny is compared to both his father and Obi Wan. (And a maybe 2-5% nod to the "duel of the fates" song and it's title--great song.) Then literally give Episode 8 a cliffhanger-ish title to match the presumed style of what the middle movie will be like. It could also open up a new technology/weapon for the enemies to introduce (to both the characters and us, the audience). And give #9 an all-out crazy title for an uplifting/miraculous last push. Plus, the word "galactic" could add to the description at the obvious magnitude of what the heroes will have to accomplish.
    I know titles like these will never happen by the way, it's just fun for me in this insanely early pre-production phase to picture a new, fresh, and fun level of creativity going on in a (hopefully) ultra-ambitious project.

25. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    lol Yup! I have that issue too.

FinleySlade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.